Auburn 'in conversations' with more QBs on transfer board

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

@ellitor Any chance Calzada comes out of the portal and stays to compete in the spring? Just curious. 

@Gowebb11 Guess is no. He went in the portal right after a meeting with Freeze. That likely means Freeze didn't have plans foe him. Or at least plans ZC liked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Wait...wut?

Tea leaves: He wanted to stay, even made a post about it. Then he met with staff and he was in the portal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Dang Ellitor... from the top rope man

To quote the great Peanut from Jeff Dunham skits.

You threw a slow ball down the middle of the plate. I had to FN swing

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

This. I can only assume Freeze has some Intel and that he's not Harsin level dumb until proven otherwise.

Not being Harsin-level dumb is a pretty low bar to clear...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

To quote the great Peanut from Jeff Dunham skits.

You threw a slow ball down the middle of the plate. I had to FN swing

Who is this Ellitor, and what did you do with the other one?  Lol. There’s been a couple other times 😂 at this guys comments. Unfortunately all those threads got locked before I could comment. But this “no pun intended” may be your  best work yet!! :cheers:

Edited by TXaubie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DAG said:

Tea leaves: He wanted to stay, even made a post about it. Then he met with staff and he was in the portal. 

I think the meeting got cancelled before it ever happened. IIRC?!?!  Something like he wanted a meeting and Freeze was like don’t bother. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

I think the meeting got cancelled before it ever happened. IIRC?!?!  Something like he wanted a meeting and Freeze was like don’t bother. 

That is what I remember as well

• Like 1

Lyddy just entered the portal from LaTech. His high school numbers are insane. His size may be his biggest obstacle.

Recently named Louisiana Gatorade Player of the Year, Max Preps All American, LSWA Class 1A Most Outstanding Offensive Player. and multiple All State selections. Calvary’s 2022 quarterback Landry Lyddy , Louisiana Tech Signee, has seen the honors rolling in after an outstanding high school career.  One more honor was bestowed on the senior, over the weekend, as the Louisiana Sports Writers Association named him LSWA’s Farm Bureau/Mr. Football.

Lyddy becomes just the second athlete from the Shreveport-area in 26 years to win the prestigious award joining Evangel’s Brock Berlin (1999). The award was begun in 1995 and has featured some of the state’s most recognizable names including Ryan Perrilloux, Derek Stingley and Leonard Fournette.

Liddy completed 232 of 317 passes for a massive 4,247 yards and 53 touchdowns in 2021 despite playing little more than a half as the Cavaliers dominated eight district opponents. Lyddy, who maintained a 3.91 GPA, was a LSWA All-State selection. He has thrown for almost 8,000 yards and 100 touchdowns over the past two seasons. 

Edited by PigskinPat

32 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

His high school numbers are insane.

Imma guess Calvary Baptist Academy doesn't play the toughest schedule 

23 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

On3 says Lyddy's biggest obstacle is his size but 247sports lists him at 6' 190. Not much of an obstacle. 

People cut up on Hank Brown's size when he signed.  But Lyddy is only 5 pounds heavier and 2+ inches shorter than 18 year old Hank.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Imma guess Calvary Baptist Academy doesn't play the toughest schedule 

https://www.lafootballmagazine.com/calvary-baptist-academys-offensive-explosion-leads-to-state-championship/

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Reading this article, it sounds like they played a pretty tough schedule and won the state championship his Junior year. His coach said he’s the most well rounded quarterback he’s ever coached, and he coached Dak Prescott. We may not give him a moment’s thought, I just thought his stats were pretty impressive and seems to have a great work ethic and feel for the game.

Wisconsin just signed their 3rd QB.  Rumor of SMU QB who committed 12/29 might be in play for AU. I cannot confirm Mordecai has enrolled yet but guessing he is Grad Transfer like the Jones kid from ECU and could show up. A 4* according to ON3 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

https://www.lafootballmagazine.com/calvary-baptist-academys-offensive-explosion-leads-to-state-championship/

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Reading this article, it sounds like they played a pretty tough schedule and won the state championship his Junior year. His coach said he’s the most well rounded quarterback he’s ever coached, and he coached Dak Prescott. We may not give him a moment’s thought, I just thought his stats were pretty impressive and seems to have a great work ethic and feel for the game.

Agreed. He may or may not be ready to play. Bobo ain’t a great play caller but he knows Georgia HS football and QB talent and he wanted him really bad. It will be interesting how the current coaches assess the room post spring. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, auadmin said:

Wisconsin just signed their 3rd QB.  Rumor of SMU QB who committed 12/29 might be in play for AU. I cannot confirm Mordecai has enrolled yet but guessing he is Grad Transfer like the Jones kid from ECU and could show up. A 4* according to ON3 

Mod post?

Man, there are a lot of new and old QBs still in the portal. Maybe it was good to wait?  The TCU guys is small, but looks pretty solid.  And Huard from Washington, do we have a shot at him?  Quick list of guys still in the portal below  

Sam Huard/Washington - 5 star 

Sam Jackson/TCU - 4 star

Spencer Sanders/TCU - 3 star

Sawyer Robertson/MSU - 4 star

Michael Alaina/Purdue - 4 star

Landry Lyddy/ La. Tech - 3 stars

15 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Man, there are a lot of new and old QBs still in the portal. Maybe it was good to wait?  The TCU guys is small, but looks pretty solid.  And Huard from Washington, do we have a shot at him?  Quick list of guys still in the portal below  

Sam Jackson/TCU - 4 star

Spencer Sanders is not from TCU...

Edited by KansasTiger

11 minutes ago, jw 4 au said:

Sam Jackson/TCU - 4 star

Need some one that has played!! Only Sanders and Lyddy have played any time at all.

14 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Need some one that has played!! Only Sanders and Lyddy have played any time at all.

The article only talks about Lyddy’s  high school career. Which might be the point. Because being named Mr. Louisiana has peaked my interest in the kid…I feel like I watched LaTech this year, but don’t remember what I saw. Lol. . I’d imagine 3 yrs of eligibility he should be able to bring in some 💰   🤷‍♂️ 

edit:: found some stats. 7 games, 750ish, 3td’s, 4 ints…65 percent though!!

Edited by TXaubie
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, jw 4 au said:

Sam Jackson/TCU - 4 star

Spencer Sanders/OSU - 3 star

Huard would be great!  But he’s a Pacific NW guy.  Not sure he would be interested in such a big move.  🤷‍♂️

In addition to your list, the Costelli kid from Troy looks interesting.  
And Carson May may have some potential.   

There’s also the possibility of someone who’s committed elsewhere might be interested in a change of heart. (Like our new C) OR there are some guys who haven’t entered the portal yet, but our coaches have a good idea they will! (Like our new LB)