2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Have to believe that KJ Lacey taking another look at AU will help us with Ryan Williams

Yeah but it eems likely RW will be in college a year before KJ.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but it eems likely RW will be in college a year before KJ.

I think both will be at the game Sat. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I must have read it in passing and I can’t find the thread anymore, but someone said RW could reclassify and sign in February? Did I read that correctly?

I don’t think it’s a done deal yet, but that’s a possibility.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woodford said:

I must have read it in passing and I can’t find the thread anymore, but someone said RW could reclassify and sign in February? Did I read that correctly?

It’s what he said in a lot of his interviews after Saturday….if he did reclassify he’d do OVs in January and sign in February.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

It’s what he said in a lot of his interviews after Saturday….if he did reclassify he’d do OVs in January and sign in February.  

Interesting. I didn’t know that. 

• 4 weeks later...

Williams 'excited' to attend Iron Bowl

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports

Staff

@CalebJ_Rivals

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. — Ryan Williams went to the Iron Bowl last year.

He'll be at the rivalry game again this season, but this time it's on the home turf for Hugh Freeze and the Auburn Tigers. The elite wide receiver will be one of the top guys on a lengthy list of impressive visitors, and the Alabama commit knows just how much this game means to both teams.

"It’s the Iron Bowl," Williams said. "Even if one team is 2-7 and the other one is 10-0, it doesn’t matter. It’s still the Iron Bowl, it’s always gonna be a great game, so I’m just excited to see it on the Plains."

Ryan Williams is one of Auburn's most sought-after targets. (Caleb Jones | AuburnSports.com)

He saw the Crimson Tide win 49-27 last season in Tuscaloosa. Now he'll get a chance to watch it in Jordan Hare Stadium, where he's excited to see the atmosphere once again.

"Just to see how hard the fans come out," Williams said on what excites him most. "This year is their building year I guess you could say. The fans, every game that I went to, they showed out. I definitely want to see how they show out against a talented team like Alabama."

It's a busy time of the year for Williams, who's juggling a schedule of schoolwork, recruitment and practice. Saraland advanced to the third round of the 6A playoffs with a 51-14 victory over Briarwood Christian last Friday.

"I’m just glad we came out with the win," Williams said. "We’re ready to get to work on Thanksgiving week. We definitely appreciate the honor to play next week."

Williams remains "locked in" with the Crimson Tide and was in Alabama for the game against Chattanooga. He's still hearing from Auburn, USC, Georgia and LSU and the chatter is that Williams could end up reclassifying into the 2024 class.

If that were to happen, Williams wouldn't sign until February, allowing him to take official visits in January.

His relationship continues to grow with Auburn wide receivers' coach Marcus Davis and the two talk regularly. Auburn remains optimistic and heavily in pursuit of Williams, hoping that it can add the top-five player to either its 2024 or 2025 class.

Regardless, Williams feels like Auburn is on the right path for success.

"I definitely see them building for the next two to three years," Williams said. "I definitely think they’re gonna be a talented team to have the potential chance to win the SEC at one point."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Them boys all talking about coming here and making a lasting legacy.

Creating their own

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Many Alabama fans believe he’s committing explicit subterfuge, for what it’s worth 

Obviously, they’d have reason to cope in such a way, but just keep that in mind if you want 

Possibly.  I don't wanna see AU get played. But I'm happy if we only get Coleman, Thompson , Cain, Simmons arguably best WR class in our history. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Possibly.  I don't wanna see AU get played. But I'm happy if we only get Coleman, Thompson , Cain, Simmons arguably best WR class in our history. 

Agreed, but I love that people keep using the word "arguably." It's likely to be the best WR class by a longshot! I mean I liked Aromashadu, Obamanu, Taylor, etc. but this class would have to underperform compared to their rankings to have it be a real argument.

I remember that year we got Kyle Davis, Nate Craig Myers and Eli Stove and thought we had something great that never panned out, although Stove was decent. So I know it can flop, but I just don't seeing both Cam and Perry being NFL backups and all the others being flops especially given Freeze's track record with WR1s. But we'll see. 

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Agreed, but man it would do them a lot of good if for once ... they did not get what they want, the re-commitment from someone we have been hyped about flipping, that he goes ahead and actually flips despite the believed villain move of playing Auburn. 

Now, I don't expect them to be smart enough to realize they would be better off humbled, but it would be a good thing regardless.  Especially with getting the golden goose in the CFP again.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Would anyone who knows how to do that, plug in KJ Bolden and add R. Williams (or a similar 2024 recruit) and see where we would be ranked.   I’m thinking that’s gotta be top 5!

Would be our higest rated class ever in terms of total points. Roughly 289 on the 247 composite. Would be 3rd in the rankings when you factor in taking KJ off FSU's list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Would be our higest rated class ever in terms of total points. Roughly 289 on the 247 composite. Would be 3rd in the rankings when you factor in taking KJ off FSU's list.

Wow!   That’s impressive!