2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

16 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

It’s not PTSD for me, it’s the “are we getting played” and distracted by investing T&E in the wrong kids. Some here have said recruits were being used as pawns by the REC, Saban, Kirby, boogeyman, etc. just to string AU along, with no intention of ever playing here. However after reading AE girl’s post on Williams being a legacy, and add we got two years to work him I am more optimistic that his interest is genuine, and Auburn truly has a chance. I do see this Auburn staff being in better position to compete and win some of these battles more-so than in the past. So maybe brighter days are ahead.

You always invest in 5 star caliber players from our  area which consistently has been the group of players being referenced. Ultimately, CNS will win out on these battles until we find some resemblance of consistency which we have not had in a very long time. The good thing is the college landscape has also changed tremendously which gives other places a boxers punch as well. 

• Like 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 4* WR Ryan Williams
1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ain't going to lie, didn't think Freeze had it in him anymore, recruiting.

@WarDamnEagleWDE Why not? Most of what he did well at Ole Miss is now legal for the most part.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 1/23/2023 at 12:10 PM, DAG said:

You always invest in 5 star caliber players from our  area which consistently has been the group of players being referenced. Ultimately, CNS will win out on these battles until we find some resemblance of consistency which we have not had in a very long time. The good thing is the college landscape has also changed tremendously which gives other places a boxers punch as well. 

Exactly. It's more to recruiting than the one recruit. You do the ol we didn't want him anyway or looking at recruits and not trusting them, you are screaming loser. Freshmen in the program will remember how you didn't show interest in them when they were younger. 

You are losing the fight before the war. Stuff like that is how you get two dynasties on both sides of you. And you are sitting there convincing yourself you are "better" than everybody around you. 

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Has this guy flipped to AU yet?

I can’t wait for his JR season highlight reel!

I'm putting in my way too early prediction….This guy will be AU’s first back to back 1000 yard receiver since…..thinking way back now…….I’m guessing Terry Beasley🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He may be changing schools.  He's got quite the incentive being offered 

That doesn’t sound like a positive for the good guys. But if anyone can start to overcome these type things I think Freeze is the man. 

2 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

That doesn’t sound like a positive for the good guys. But if anyone can start to overcome these type things I think Freeze is the man. 

I don't think it will be a difference maker, but it could. And yes, Freeze will do it

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

HS

So….NIL has hit the HS (out in the open now)?  I live in Baldwin County and curious where he’s headed….don’t know much about local HS football goings-on bc I’ve only had daughters.  

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

So….NIL has hit the HS (out in the open now)?  I live in Baldwin County and curious where he’s headed….don’t know much about local HS football goings-on bc I’ve only had daughters.  

Private Schools have been doing it for a while.    They can do whatever they want and can afford.   
Some colleges have placed kids in certain public schools with incentives, and this was, and still is illegal.  
Hopefully @bigbird is referring to the former.  

2 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Private Schools have been doing it for a while.    They can do whatever they want and can afford.   
Some colleges have placed kids in certain public schools with incentives, and this was, and still is illegal.  
Hopefully @bigbird is referring to the former.  

Newer smaller public school systems in Mobile/Baldwin counties are now doing it. Anyone can join their systems, they just charge (so they say) equivalent to what the tax rate within their defined area.

6 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Newer smaller public school systems in Mobile/Baldwin counties are now doing it. Anyone can join their systems, they just charge (so they say) equivalent to what the tax rate within their defined area.

He already goes to Saraland city school, so possibly St Paul’s, McGill or Gulf Shores.  I have heard today the old college coach at GS does recruit quite a bit.  

I guess if he does change HS, incentives do talk but heck, he and Saraland won the 6A state title this year.  What else do you really want or need as a HS player?  (Tua family aside 😬)

On 1/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, ellitor said:

@WarDamnEagleWDE Why not? Most of what he did well at Ole Miss is now legal for the most part.

I think the point was that since everyone can do it now, such an unfair advantage is gone…of course, everyone probably WAS doing it beforehand.

Anyway, top 12 (247 composite overall) should be our goal in the '24 class, but the '25 class could be nasty!

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Apparently wants to major in Sports Management :sad2:

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some "insiders" think he'll open up his recruitment soon & possibly flip to Texas.  Wants to play with his HS QB, a top 100 recruit in 2025 that is committed there.

• Sad 1