2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

He ain't soft enough???

Deep South --> Texas is a level of softness that is difficult to measure 

• 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Paladin Moved your post to the Ryan Williams thread.

I did a search for a thread... evidently I didn't go back far enough into the search results.

Apologies 

43 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I did a search for a thread... evidently I didn't go back far enough into the search results.

It was on page 3 or 4 of the recruiting forum.

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 5* WR Ryan Williams

As good as he is, they should work hard to try to see if something happens. But personally I’m not holding my breath on this situation. If he decommits then I’d be more interested 

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 5* WR Ryan Williams (Bama)
7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

As good as he is, they should work hard to try to see if something happens. But personally I’m not holding my breath on this situation. If he decommits then I’d be more interested 

It may not end the same way but this has a Perry Thomas feel to it FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Perry has said he is working hard to get a big flip in the receiver position.  I'm feeling much better after this past weekend when you hear recruits say that all Auburn needs are more playmakers.  And Freeze is constantly recruiting this one position harder than others.

• Thanks 1

Auburn had a huge deficit in this recruitment after Hasbeen literally ignored him last year. 

Auburn has done a phenomenal job positioning themselves to get back into his recruitment. 

Auburn has a long way to go in the recruitment but they are actively listening and we've made up a lot of ground. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Auburn had a huge deficit in this recruitment after Hasbeen literally ignored him last year. 

Auburn has done a phenomenal job positioning themselves to get back into his recruitment. 

Auburn has a long way to go in the recruitment but they are actively listening and we've made up a lot of ground. 

In addition to that, Milroe ain't exactly slinging it all over the field at Bama. That can't hurt

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hope so

3 hours ago, tinman1 said:

Perry has said he is working hard to get a big flip in the receiver position.  I'm feeling much better after this past weekend when you hear recruits say that all Auburn needs are more playmakers.  And Freeze is constantly recruiting this one position harder than others.

Recruits/commits say stuff like that all the time but more times than not nothing happens when commits try to bring in other guys. It definitely can’t hurt though 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

In addition to that, Milroe ain't exactly slinging it all over the field at Bama. That can't hurt

Milroe won’t be the QB anymore at Bama by the time Williams gets to college anyway. Williams is only a junior 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I hope so

Recruits/commits say stuff like that all the time but more times than not nothing happens when commits try to bring in other guys. It definitely can’t hurt though 

Milroe won’t be the QB anymore at Bama by the time Williams gets to college anyway. Williams is only a junior 

Milroe is a sophomore. So, he would be  Sr. Williams Freshman yr. If he stays at Bama. The 2 QB behind him ain't no better

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Milroe is a sophomore. So, he would be  Sr. Williams Freshman yr. If he stays at Bama. The 2 QB behind him ain't no better

Bama will bring multiple QB’s in before Milroe’s senior year. Tbh i highly doubt he stays in Tuscaloosa that long anyway 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Bama will bring multiple QB’s in before Milroe’s senior year. Tbh i highly doubt he stays in Tuscaloosa that long anyway 

Possibly,  but I don't see a Young Or Tua on the roster. Not sure they will get a portal QB that good either. I think after this week at A@M, the wolves will be howling again at the QB position at Bama. I think Milroe will struggle big time this wkend

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I hope so

You're right.  But maybe a 5 star trying to sway another 5 star will be a better draw for us.

Milroe isn’t the problem at Bama. 

Tommy Rees is the problem.  We’ll see how long Saban keeps him around.  Hopefully a LOOONNNGG time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Obviously it remains to be seen if the kid pans out but Bama has the #1 QB in the 2024 class committed in Julian Sayin. At the very least a kid rated that high will be in heavy competition to be QB1 immediately. He alone will attract a lot of attention from 2025 WRs.

8 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Tommy Rees is the problem.  We’ll see how long Saban keeps him around.  Hopefully a LOOONNNGG time. 

Agreed, but I believe this super talented kid they got in the next class is more of a pocket passer type. Even though it looked pretty horrid with Simpson/Buchner, I do imagine Rees has a thing more for pocket passers than dual-threat types, just based on his background. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Saban really likes Tommy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Obviously it remains to be seen if the kid pans out but Bama has the #1 QB in the 2024 class committed in Julian Sayin. At the very least a kid rated that high will be in heavy competition to be QB1 immediately. He alone will attract a lot of attention from 2025 WRs.

Just my opinion but I can't imagine these California quarterbacks going to bama with Lincoln Riley mining it at USC. Especially the way the Pac12 is moving. Seems like those days will be gone. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Just my opinion but I can't imagine these California quarterbacks going to bama with Lincoln Riley mining it at USC. Especially the way the Pac12 is moving. Seems like those days will be gone. 

@Randman5000 I'm not sure USC is taking a HS QB in this class. I just looked through the past month on a USC site & there's no 2024 QB chatter.

Also there are many quality QB in Cali every year. USC can't take them all even if they want to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Randman5000 I'm not sure USC is taking a HS QB in this class. I just looked through the past month on a USC site & there's no 2024 QB chatter.

Also there are many quality QB in Cali every year. USC can't take them all even if they want to.

Plus high end QB prospects were the least of USC’s problems even when they were “down” last decade. Barkley, Browne, Ricky Town, top 53 QB recruits from 09-15. Jesse Scroggins, Sam Darnold, Max Wittek, Cody Kessler and Jalen Greene as 4 star QBs over the stretch. Only one came outside of the state. 

you may be able to argue USC was able to gather even more high end QB prospects back then since it was pre-transfer portal 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Saban really likes Tommy

I don’t think Rees was Saban’s first, second, third or even 4th choice for OC.