2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

On 10/4/2023 at 12:11 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

In addition to that, Milroe ain't exactly slinging it all over the field at Bama.

Are we the pot or the kettle?

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Are we the pot or the kettle?

Just evens the playing fielda little when looking at the QB play from each school. In other words Bryce Young ain't coming back to bama

On 1/22/2023 at 11:16 AM, AEAugirl said:

He’s an Auburn legacy and his last visit to AU under Harsin’s staff left a pretty bad impression. 

Freeze and this staff has a good amount of time to work on him.  His dad Ryan Sr was with him yesterday (DB under Tubs) and from the comments I have read was really happy with how this visit went, and they will be coming back for more. 

Rumors that Harsin wouldn’t give Ryan Williams any time, told him he might contribute by the time he’s a junior, and offered a paltry NIL amount.

It really seems like the guy was trying to get fired…purposely tanking our recruiting efforts, but in a way that wouldn’t violate his contract.  There was a Better Call Saul episode very similar to what I’m thinking.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Rumors that Harsin wouldn’t give Ryan Williams any time, told him he might contribute by the time he’s a junior, and offered a paltry NIL amount.

It really seems like the guy was trying to get fired…purposely tanking our recruiting efforts, but in a way that wouldn’t violate his contract.  There was a Better Call Saul episode very similar to what I’m thinking.

AU administration failed the University, it's alumni, and fans by not going after Cause

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

AU administration failed the University, it's alumni, and fans by not going after Cause

Principally and financially yes. But the sooner CHF builds us back into a contender and we wash Potato Heads name from our memory the better. Would have been a gray cloud hanging over us and taken us away from the new day that’s about to happen. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think I remember hearing scuttlebutt that we had the evidence to do it but certain parties were too disinterested to fill out the necessary paperwork...is that true?

Edited by AUwent

On 10/5/2023 at 5:06 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Just evens the playing fielda little when looking at the QB play from each school. In other words Bryce Young ain't coming back to bama

image.png

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

True but in the long run it was best just to payoff and move forward to get his ass out of Auburn. Take the hits now instead of it going on longer and longer. aka MSU and Northwestern lawsuits

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I think I remember hearing scuttlebutt that we had the evidence to do it but certain parties were too disinterested to fill out the necessary paperwork...is that true?

No

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

When do we sign Willams, Thompson, and Coleman as WRs at Auburn???

@AUINSY If we get Williams it could be this December or next December.

Thompsom this December.

With Coleman we may be 3rd or 4th. Even though he is committed to A&M, Buffs and UGa may actually lead.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

With Coleman we may be 3rd or 4th. Even though he is committed to A&M, Buffs and UGa may actually lead.

Man, this kid has been all over the place.   It changes moment by moment.   I don’t think any team should be confident about him until the ink is dry.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

They selling him on a dream right now LOL.  No on the field proof

Proof of concept seems to be overrated. Like the five star receiver that committed to Miami right after they lost to Georgia Tech because of coaching. Or the kid they just committed to South Carolina after they lost to Florida…Even when the South Carolina coach blames the players. 

Relationships, NIL, playing time, those seem to be the key factors in a lot of recruitment. Of course winning matters, and getting to the NFL. But it does not appear to be the number one factor for many of these kids. Thank goodness.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

At the moment Hugh Freeze and company are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken "you know what."  There's not a coaching staff past or present that could accomplish that.  Hopefully Hugh is a good enough salesman to convince these recruits to look at what he has done in the past with decent talent (Ole Miss) and see quick opportunity at AU.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah but that’s all recruiting is, is just selling a dream. Other teams might have better track records but they’re just selling dreams too

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

At the moment Hugh Freeze and company are trying to make chicken salad out of chicken "you know what."  There's not a coaching staff past or present that could accomplish that.  Hopefully Hugh is a good enough salesman to convince these recruits to look at what he has done in the past with decent talent (Ole Miss) and see quick opportunity at AU.

Yeah but these recruits were in elementary school when he was at ole miss. I doubt they care that much 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Have to believe that KJ Lacey taking another look at AU will help us with Ryan Williams

just have to keep Lacey away from IOL Carter (unless they both decide with the tigers!)  i'm sure $$ and UTx has other recruits.  recruiting has always kinda hard to follow/keep up but now with legal pay-for-signature, its almost not fun anymore.

• Like 1