Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

What's the agenda for Big Cat? Is it players + families? I know I've read about it in the past but didn't know if Freeze was shaking things up.

7 hours ago, cbo said:

I know I suck, but I can't even begin to get excited about KJ Bolden. 

I don't expect it given recent history, but it might help with marketing. If guys see that 5* is interested in Auburn then maybe they answer the phone when Freeze calls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

What's the agenda for Big Cat? Is it players + families? I know I've read about it in the past but didn't know if Freeze was shaking things up.

What ever team wins the annual Family Fued game,  gets to play fast money for 25k of real money. Loser gets consolation prize. 

Jason Caldwell's Monday morning quarterback column

Talking Auburn football recruiting, quarterback battle, and Auburn hoops.

Jason Caldwell2 hrs

A BIG Big Cat

There’s no doubt about it. More names will be added to the list in the coming days and weeks, but the list that Hugh Freeze and his staff are assembling for Big Cat later this month is beyond impressive. On Sunday, 5-star Alabama commitment Perry Thompson announced his intentions to be in Auburn that weekend.

It continues to show the fruit of what this staff has done since they arrived on campus, focus hard on recruiting the State of Alabama and making those players a priority. Thompson, Cam Coleman, Joseph Phillips, A’Mon Lane, J’Marion Burnette, Jayden Lewis, Bradley Shaw, Bryce Cain and others have been made a priority in the 2024 class. They’ve done the same in 2025 with guys like Zion Grady, Malik Autry, Jakaleb Faulk, CJ May and others all saying they’ll be back in Auburn in late July.

If you’re going to win and win big at Auburn, the first thing you’ve got to do is get your share of players from inside the border. That’s something this staff recognized early and they’re focused on doing something about it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

@woodford needs to be players and families, because the families are a big part of the decision making process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Perry Thompson is skipping the Bama BBQ recruiting event to come to Big Cat 🐈 

Even if he doesn’t go to the barbecue event, he still may visit Bama that week. Need him not to for obvious reasons.

30 minutes ago, toddc said:

Bradley Shaw

Guy seems like a pretty highly ranked prospect that no one is really talking about.  Haven't heard his name much until recently 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Guy seems like a pretty highly ranked prospect that no one is really talking about.  Haven't heard his name much until recently 

I expect him to pop soon

• Like 1

Riddick is making his “final” decision July 26, his mom’s birthday.

Big Cat is right after that and he’s coming. 

That gives me warm fuzzies. 

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2023/06/08/auburn-football-recruiting-demarcus-riddick-georgia-commit-decision-date/

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

https://auburnwire.usatoday.com/2023/06/08/auburn-football-recruiting-demarcus-riddick-georgia-commit-decision-date/

oh-really.gif 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Even if he doesn’t go to the barbecue event, he still may visit Bama that week. Need him not to for obvious reasons.

I hear their brisket is dry, like shoe leather. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Staying close to home for college would be a good bday present for many mom's. Let's hope it is what she is asking for but closer to the East and not closer to the West. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Staying close to home for college would be a good bday present for many mom's. Let's hope it is what she is asking for but closer to the East and not closer to the West. 

I couldn't imagine coming to BCW if you just committed to a different school 3 days earlier? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

I hear their brisket is dry, like shoe leather. 🤷‍♂️

Without question!

• Like 1

Damn good group coming to BCW

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Without question!

The Alabama white sauce on smoked turkey or chicken is legit. 

Brisket? I've tried it many times all over the country, and Texas makes the best by far. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cbo said:

The Alabama white sauce on smoked turkey or chicken is legit. 

homer-simpsons.gif

• Like 1

On 7/3/2023 at 9:17 AM, W.E.D said:

@W.E.D SIAP but ND had the momentum early & looked like we were a long shot til recently. That's why I hadn't created a thread for him. Problem fixed.