Another log on the Biden family fire

GoAU

And that date was when? I have googled the Politico apology and Brother, I aint finding it. I am guessing from the dates i quoted on my post that it MAY have occurred April or May of 2023?

Edited by DKW 86

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Politico is responsible for their own sloppy reporting. The letter is the original source. The letter was broadly disseminated and is very clear. Those intelligence professionals did not intentionally mislead anyone. I saw some interviewed and they stuck to the letter. And they were right. Random laptop winds up with Rudy? Huge chain of custody issues. Sprung right before the election with no opportunity to vett it? Looked highly suspicious.

And all that was proved to be false AND Politico purposefully misquoted it at the time. 

I am still waiting for you to quote an apology from Politico, I do not find one. 

7 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And that date was when?

Ok, they didn’t correct it. Politico STILL mischaracterizes the letter the article links to. Politico sucks. Slam Politico all day long. 

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Ok, they didn’t correct it. Politico STILL mischaracterizes the letter the article links to. Politico sucks. Slam Politico all day long.

I apologize if i offended you. I am calling out direct, straight-up BS from Politico. That article was quoted, retweeted, forwarded 100s of times. It did exactly what they wanted it to do, dirty the reporting of it, specifically discrediting the work of the NYP. 

Now, we have the truth. The letter was lazy work by the 51 so-called experts. It was couched in generic terms. 
Politico openly misquoted the letter AND THAT WAS THEN THE STORY LINE ACROSS THE US.

and I could post 1000 more.

17 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Being gifted a position on a board of directors is not a criminal act.  Bursima likely assumed that it would get them the ear of someone close to American leadership.  They made that gamble.  There is obviously no evidence that Biden did anything to abuse the office of Vice President and the power that comes with that position to benefit Bursima.  If that evidence existed, it would have long ago been discovered.  Some want to harp on Biden insisting the prosecutor be dismissed.  That doesn't hold water.  Everyone, including Republicans in the U.S. Senate was demanding that be done.  There was also no evidence that Bursima was being investigated at the time.

As usual, a lot of vague narratives being constructed with nothing to back up a crime having been committed.

9377, no one said "being gifted a board seat" is a crime.   Is that the standard for the Biden's?  If it isn't a crime, then it is okay?   If Joe Biden possessed the attributes we should all want in a president, he would have told Hunter to not accept the position or to resign it once he found out about it for the very reason you cite -- "Burisma likely assumed that it would get them the ear..."   Lawyers, like Hunter, are taught to avoid "even the appearance" of a conflict of interest.  This family does not seek to avoid the appearance of a conflict.   They run to the potential conflict, embrace it and cash it in. 

11 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I apologize if i offended you. I am calling out direct, straight-up BS from Politico. That article was quoted, retweeted, forwarded 100s of times. It did exactly what they wanted it to do, dirty the reporting of it, specifically discrediting the work of the NYP. 

Now, we have the truth. The letter was lazy work by the 51 so-called experts. It was couched in generic terms. 
Politico openly misquoted the letter AND THAT WAS THEN THE STORY LINE ACROSS THE US.

and I could post 1000 more.

I don’t think the letter was lazy. There was no time to vett the laptop and they offered their honest opinions which were totally reasonable based on the strange context and timing.

The guy who made the unauthorized copy of a customer’s hard drive contacted Rudy in August. Rudy holds it for an “October Surprise.” Rudy could have done so sooner. It looked exactly like what the intel community suspected it was. The story is strange as hell.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I don’t think the letter was lazy. There was no time to vett the laptop and they offered their honest opinions which were totally reasonable based on the strange context and timing.

The guy who made the unauthorized copy of a customer’s hard drive contacted Rudy in August. Rudy holds it for an “October Surprise.” Rudy could have done so sooner. It looked exactly like what the intel community suspected it was. The story is strange as hell.

And the FBI was doing what with the laptop prior to October of 2020? Nothing. That was why they released it. They would still be doing nothing with it if people weren't seeing it for what it was now. The FBI had plenty of time to vett the laptop prior to October 2020. They drug their feet or just plain didn't do it.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1

If the Republicans can find a Representative that has solid evidence of wrong doing like the Democrats had during the Russian Collusion case the accusations would be believable.

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And the FBI was doing what with the laptop prior to October of 2020? Nothing. That was why they released it. They would still be doing nothing with it if people weren't seeing it for what it was now. The FBI had plenty of time to vett the laptop prior to October 2020. They drug their feet or just plain didn't do it.

Trump’s DOJ assigned a US Attorney to that investigation in 2018. He vetted the laptop. Perhaps he relied on some information in his charges. He didn’t conclude anything that serious could prevail in court from it, though. They don’t update the public on what evidence they receive. 

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If the Republicans can find a Representative that has solid evidence of wrong doing like the Democrats had during the Russian Collusion case the accusations would be believable.

I actually LOLLED at this one...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

9377, no one said "being gifted a board seat" is a crime.   Is that the standard for the Biden's?  If it isn't a crime, then it is okay?   If Joe Biden possessed the attributes we should all want in a president, he would have told Hunter to not accept the position or to resign it once he found out about it for the very reason you cite -- "Burisma likely assumed that it would get them the ear..."   Lawyers, like Hunter, are taught to avoid "even the appearance" of a conflict of interest.  This family does not seek to avoid the appearance of a conflict.   They run to the potential conflict, embrace it and cash it in. 

The FBI and the DOJ investigate and prosecute criminal behavior.  They don't investigate someone to determine who has the moral high ground.  To suggest that House Republicans are justified in their attempts to de-legitimize everything undertaken by the DOJ simply because their investigation didn't publicly accuse someone of crimes they couldn't prove is actually nothing more than complaining that the DOJ should be assisting in your cause.

But by all means, focus all the attention you can on these vague narratives.  What PRECISELY is there left to investigate?  Without resorting to opinions on what "likely" happened or what someone "thinks" could have occurred,  someone needs to say what they allege to have taken place.  They then need to show some evidence that it actually happened.  WIthout either, it is nothing more than political theater designed to draw attention away from the actual provable misconduct and criminal behavior of an actual candidate for President.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The FBI and the DOJ investigate and prosecute criminal behavior.  They don't investigate someone to determine who has the moral high ground.  To suggest that House Republicans are justified in their attempts to de-legitimize everything undertaken by the DOJ simply because their investigation didn't publicly accuse someone of crimes they couldn't prove is actually nothing more than complaining that the DOJ should be assisting in your cause.

But by all means, focus all the attention you can on these vague narratives.  What PRECISELY is there left to investigate?  Without resorting to opinions on what "likely" happened or what someone "thinks" could have occurred,  someone needs to say what they allege to have taken place.  They then need to show some evidence that it actually happened.  WIthout either, it is nothing more than political theater designed to draw attention away from the actual provable misconduct and criminal behavior of an actual candidate for President.

Kerry's son ran the hell away from Burisma because he knew it was going to be tossed into the Court of Public Opinion. 

HB ran full speed toward it. They dissolved their partnership over it. Why did HB not do the same? Because he knows that he will never be held accountable.

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Put all the FBI and DOJ talk aside for a minute... Do you believe President Biden is deserving of re-election?   If so, give me 5 examples of where he has overachieved as President and 5 examples of where he has underachieved...

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That was an investigation, which was ignited by very questionable behavior on the part of a multitude of high  level Trump campaign officials.  That investigation resulted in multiple indictments.  Trump was never charged with wrongdoing because there was no evidence that he himself committed a crime.  That is how the system works.

Ofcourse, a year later he clearly abused the power of his office when he was impeached.  The Republicans failed to hold him to account for his actions.  The system allows that to happen, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That was an investigation, which was ignited by very questionable behavior on the part of a multitude of high  level Trump campaign officials.  That investigation resulted in multiple indictments.  Trump was never charged with wrongdoing because there was no evidence that he himself committed a crime.  That is how the system works.

Ofcourse, a year later he clearly abused the power of his office when he was impeached.  The Republicans failed to hold him to account for his actions.  The system allows that to happen, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

There was evidence of obstruction, but Mueller specifically stated DOJ policy forbid him from charging him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Kerry's son ran the hell away from Burisma because he knew it was going to be tossed into the Court of Public Opinion. 

HB ran full speed toward it. They dissolved their partnership over it. Why did HB not do the same? Because he knows that he will never be held accountable.

When has Hunter made good sound decisions?  At the time, his father was in his second term as VP.  If I was guessing, I would guess that Hunter didn't worry about political fallout because he assumed that his father's political life would come to an end and that he would not run for President.  Again, it isn't a good look, but it isn't criminal behavior.  Hunter was thinking about Hunter. 

What exactly is holding him accountable?  You have to have a crime and be protected from prosecution for that scenario to be accurate.  Nobody has shown a crime that was committed.

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

You don’t think the Biden crime family is not an investigation?  Let it play out, let’s get the media, what’s left of it, involved and inspired.  This thing is being covered up by Biden and it is obvious.  The truth will set you free.  Every time he is asked, at the end of a presser, he says its a dumb question and ignores the press.

He made a blanket statement that he has never talked to his son about Hunter’s business dealings, that is an outright lie.  The press needs to start drilling down to see how far this thing goes.  The American public deserve to know the answer.

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Put all the FBI and DOJ talk aside for a minute... Do you believe President Biden is deserving of re-election?   If so, give me 5 examples of where he has overachieved as President and 5 examples of where he has underachieved...

There are many men and women that I would rather see lead this country.  It has nothing to do with Hunter Biden or how much money Joe got paid to write a book when his term as VP ended. 

That said, if the choice is Donald Trump or Biden, I will vote for Biden.  If the choice is DeSantis or Biden, I will vote for Biden.  If the choice was Chris Christie or Biden, I may have to think about my decision.  I am not some far left advocate, but I get forced more to the left by the current Republican party's cult like behavior.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There are many men and women that I would rather see lead this country.  It has nothing to do with Hunter Biden or how much money Joe got paid to write a book when his term as VP ended. 

That said, if the choice is Donald Trump or Biden, I will vote for Biden.  If the choice is DeSantis or Biden, I will vote for Biden.  If the choice was Chris Christie or Biden, I may have to think about my decision.  I am not some far left advocate, but I get forced more to the left by the current Republican party's cult like behavior.

Fair enough.   I would consider myself to be on the far end of the conservative spectrum, but I can't imagine 4 more years of Biden or Trump.   I think Biden has poor policy ideas and isn't a good person (who calls a reporter a "Son of a bitch"?).  I think Trump has good to very good policy ideas but is an even worse person.   Like most Americans, I feel we are on the wrong track and both parties are to blame.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

At the time, his father was in his second term as VP.  If I was guessing, I would guess that Hunter didn't worry about political fallout because he assumed that his father's political life would come to an end and that he would not run for President.  Again, it isn't a good look, but it isn't criminal behavior.  Hunter was thinking about Hunter. 

I believe part of the reason Biden didn’t run in 2016 (if you’ll remember there was a discussion with Obama about him running) was the family business would be brought up and Biden wanted to cash in on his political power, so Hunter was given his head so to speak.  An enabling father didn’t think this would ever be a problem since he wasn’t running in 2016.

By 2020 Biden felt pretty secure that he could run without fear of an investigation when the FBI had the laptop for years and he was able to quash any FBI investigation into his dealings.  To bolster his secure feelings he had 51 security experts declare the laptop as *looking like Russian disinformation* just before the debate with Trump.  Unbelievable timing and I do mean unbelievable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I believe part of the reason Biden didn’t run in 2016 (if you’ll remember there was a discussion with Obama about him running) was the family business would be brought up and Biden wanted to cash in on his political power, so Hunter was given his head so to speak.  An enabling father didn’t think this would ever be a problem since he wasn’t running in 2016.

By 2020 Biden felt pretty secure that he could run without fear of an investigation when the FBI had the laptop for years and he was able to quash any FBI investigation into his dealings.  To bolster his secure feelings he had 51 security experts declare the laptop as *looking like Russian disinformation* just before the debate with Trump.  Unbelievable timing and I do mean unbelievable.

The timing was set by Rudy holding it until then. Obama supported Hillary over Joe for reasons not related to Hunter.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The timing was set by Rudy holding it until then. Obama supported Hillary over Joe for reasons not related to Hunter.

Are you sure, or is was that the narrative at the time?  Rudy started the defense in motion, that’s all Rudy did.

19 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Ditto. There are some Republicans I might vote for whom I disagree with on policy just because I think they have some qualities we could use now and hopefully can temper their party a bit. We’re in a dangerous place.

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Are you sure, or is was that the narrative at the time?  Rudy started the defense in motion, that’s all Rudy did.

Rudy held on to the laptop until then. And Rudy is such an inveterate liar he’s about to be disbarred.

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You don’t think the Biden crime family is not an investigation?  Let it play out, let’s get the media, what’s left of it, involved and inspired.  This thing is being covered up by Biden and it is obvious.  The truth will set you free.  Every time he is asked, at the end of a presser, he says its a dumb question and ignores the press.

He made a blanket statement that he has never talked to his son about Hunter’s business dealings, that is an outright lie.  The press needs to start drilling down to see how far this thing goes.  The American public deserve to know the answer.

The press. Don’t you think Trump’s DOJ would have uncovered Joe’s “crimes” if they existed? The Republican House? They both had/have subpoena power the press lacks. You so want this to be true, you’re sure it must be, facts aside.