Biden Administration Moving to Effectively Ban All Portable Gas Powered Generators

Yeah it pretty much stems from pressure from the media following CO related deaths in Texas from the big freeze a little ways back, along with a smattering of others from power generation following hurricanes and such.

People have a bad habit of running these gennys in confined spaces or in areas where CO could be allowed to accumulate.

Honestly a built in CO monitor shouldn't be too much of a challenge. The shutoff is the harder part. 

They can have my two generators after they seize my guns and provide some electrical service that will never fail and thus will never ruin my freezer full of food.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They can have my two generators after they seize my guns and provide some electrical service that will never fail and thus will never ruin my freezer full of food.

We’ll plan that during your nap time.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

jim-okay.gif.624998dd6b0c2ae90287cc063a0602a4.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

We’ll plan that during your nap time.

Be careful while attempting that.

This is another perfect example of Dems/liberals wanting to control people's lives. Tell us what washing machine, air conditioner and so forth to buy...... Can't have this item or that item. "Less government is better government" is a concept that the libs apparently can't grasp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

This is another perfect example of Dems/liberals wanting to control people's lives. Tell us what washing machine, air conditioner and so forth to buy...... Can't have this item or that item. "Less government is better government" is a concept that the libs apparently can't grasp.

The same can be said for Republicans and citizen/consumer rights. Can’t have this right or that right.

Not even delving into civil rights, republican legislatures pass pro-big business laws that deprive citizens of a ton of rights. Tort reform for instance.

republicans don’t grasp less government is better government very well either. It’s just in a different way. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Before long you won't be able to buy a car without seatbelts. The horror. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Before long you won't be able to buy a car without seatbelts. The horror. 

Member when it was legally impossible to rape one’s own wife? Dang gubment liberals controlling people’s lives 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

“Freezer full of food”. You can pull that out and grill for the entire neighborhood. After Hurricane Michael I just wanted a hot cup of coffee in mornings and a refrigerator to keep the beer cold.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AUDub said:

Honestly a built in CO monitor shouldn't be too much of a challenge. The shutoff is the harder part. 

Do you think anyone with a mentality that allows running a generator in closed spaces know a CO monitor exist? 

47 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you think anyone with a mentality that allows running a generator in closed spaces know a CO monitor exist? 

I think he meant a law mandating CO2 monitors on the generators themselves with cut-off switches.  Mine has a CO2 monitor but no auto shutoff

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I think he meant a law mandating CO2 monitors on the generators themselves with cut-off switches.  Mine has a CO2 monitor but no auto shutoff

Thanks and I thought maybe he meant that. Not a bad idea for some people.

So its not 'banning' gas powered generators, its proposing new manufacturing requirements for gas powered generators to create less CO2. 

And this sounds like it'd be on future gas powered units. Nobody is coming to take your generators from you just just like nobody was ever going to come rip the Gas stoves out of your house. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

CO. Not CO2. Important distinction. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Get sassy and we’ll also dip your hand in warm water while your napping.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks and I thought maybe he meant that. Not a bad idea for some people.

Or….just maybe the herd needs thinning 

8 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So its not 'banning' gas powered generators, its proposing new manufacturing requirements for gas powered generators to create less CO2. 

Read the topic of this thread. Here' I'll quote it for you: "Biden Administration Moving to Effectively Ban All Portable Gas Powered Generators".

13 hours ago, Didba said:

Not even delving into civil rights, republican legislatures pass pro-big business laws that deprive citizens of a ton of rights. Tort reform for instance.

Tort reform proposals that I've seen would be a great thing. Done correctly, it would cause a bunch of people who produce nothing to look for another line of work. That can't be all bad.

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

CO. Not CO2. Important distinction. 

Thanks for the correction lol, I feel like I know that but just wasn't really thinking lol CO=Carbon Monoxide

Damn, yeah I know that, big dumb moment.

7 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Or….just maybe the herd needs thinning 

well you might not like who gets thinned...

22 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Read the topic of this thread. Here' I'll quote it for you: "Biden Administration Moving to Effectively Ban All Portable Gas Powered Generators".

Tort reform proposals that I've seen would be a great thing. Done correctly, it would cause a bunch of people who produce nothing to look for another line of work. That can't be all bad.

good point, depends on the tort reform, I have also seen good and bad

CA is actually passed laws banning small gas engines in 2024 (Passed by CARB already) and banning the sale of generators in 2028. 

https://www.mortonsonthemove.com/california-generator-ban/#h-why-is-california-banning-generators

The California generator ban (AB-1346) is legislation the California Air Resources Board (CARB) passed in October 2021. The purpose of AB-1346 is to end the sale of “small off-road engines,” including generators, in California.

When Is the Ban in Effect?

Despite AB-1346 passing in October 2021, it doesn’t go into effect until 2024 for leaf blowers and lawnmowers and 2028 for generators. This means homeowners and business owners have several years to make the necessary adjustments to their equipment.

Richard Ogawa, owner and CEO of Gardenland Power Equipment has already taken steps toward replacing gas-powered tools with batteries for his business. However, he’s worried for the other companies that haven’t. He says, “If I wasn’t invested in the battery like we are today, I would be really worried.”

What Small Engines Is California Banning?

The primary target of the California generator ban is lawn equipment. This includes lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and weed eaters. However, AB-1346 also has legislation around the sale of portable generators

Gas-powered engines contribute to air pollution in California.

Marc Berman, California State Assemblymember, states, “Leaf blowers, lawnmowers, and other equipment with small gas-powered engines emit staggering levels of air pollution. These noisy machines are terribly disruptive to communities across California, and the workers who breathe in exhaust from this equipment day in and day out face disproportionate health risks, including asthma, cardiovascular disease, and cancer.”

6 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I think there are a lot that needs thinning on both sides 

that's fair lol