2024 4* S Zaquan Patterson (Miami)

ellitor

6 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Remind me.......when will Patterson announce and do we feel good about him at the moment?

@roe4christ August 22 or 23. 3 team race between AU, Miami, & Michigan with Miami considered to be the favorite by some outside the program.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

@roe4christ August 22 or 23. 3 team race between AU, Miami, & Michigan with Miami considered to be the favorite by some outside the program.

Been told It's down to us and Michigan and have heard it's been decided 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Been told It's down to us and Michigan and have heard it's been decided 

Would soften the blow about losing to FSU if we can land him

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

have heard it's been decided 

My guess would be for the date he commits. He has said numerous times he will still take visits to his finalists as if he was uncommitted after he commits.

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

My guess would be for the date he commits. He has said numerous times he will still take visits to his finalists as if he was uncommitted after he commits.

"Committed" my arse. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"Committed" my arse. 

@WDE_OxPx_2010 In his defense his coach makes their players commit to a college before their high school season starts.

• Like 3

I could understand if the idea was to keep the overall recruitment to not distract from a young persons school work/life … but if he’s still taking visits then that’s not the case.  Doesn’t make sense.

I predict pretty soon high ranked recruits will begin skipping their senior year of high school football.  Also - hot take - these kids will start demanding the recruiting services start paying them/sponsoring them.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I could understand if the idea was to keep the overall recruitment to not distract from a young persons school work/life … but if he’s still taking visits then that’s not the case.  Doesn’t make sense.

Absolutely true! Makes no sense at all and turns the "commitment" into nothing but a sham.

• Like 4

Folks, that's the way the dipsey doodle works in recruiting.  They need to do away with the word "commitment " when it comes to football recruiting. The recruiting sites and message boards are partly to blame because they publicize it so much. Just my 2 Cents

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The only people that are really affected by this are fans who obsess over commitment status as absolutes. No decent recruiter of a coach is going to tone down their salesmanship for these kids just because they verbally say they’re committed, esp for someone that is this highly touted 

• Like 5

Please! Just don't use the words "silent" and "commit" ever again.

Seems not to work out for us somehow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I soured on the whole concept of silent commits when Tater Tot sold us a fake bill of goods.  I’m still not a fan, but at the same time realize they still may serve a purpose on a case by case basis so I trust the coaches to know what’s best.  

• Like 1

For real…I’m going to go ahead and throw in the towel and take the L on this one. We haven’t done too hot with the last few, sounds like this guy’s going in with that bunch

1 hour ago, AUINSY said:

For real…I’m going to go ahead and throw in the towel and take the L on this one. We haven’t done too hot with the last few, sounds like this guy’s going in with that bunch

I agree. He's FSU or MSU bound. Maybe I'll be surprised but I don't think so.

23 hours ago, ellitor said:

FSU trending per Christian Clemente. Will commit on August 26th.

Both him and KJ Bolden!? That's a killer safety class. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Both him and KJ Bolden!? That's a killer safety class. 

Can’t let them both go to fswho!   We’ve got to end up with one of them!  But it’s also totally fine if they both sign with AU!😁

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

How the heck is FSU finding the $$ to outbid SEC power schools?  All I’ve heard for ages is they’re broke. 

Great question Kess.    There is promising and there is delivering.   If I were a HS recruit, I would be very suspicious of a school that just hired an investment bank, hates its conference and doesn't have a clear plan of attack.   But that's just me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keesler said:

How the heck is FSU finding the $$ to outbid SEC power schools?  All I’ve heard for ages is they’re broke. 

Their associate AD who handled a bunch of administrative duties died in 2016. Jimbo had to take on extra duties as a result and got burned out and left, they had no experience conducting a coaching search and predictably made a terrible hire.

(Stop me if any of that sounds familiar.)

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, keesler said:

Don't conflate the school with boosters

• Haha 1

Could we please get back to the Topic of this thread which is Zaquan Patterson?  Tired of the NIL rhetoric.  Thank you.

• Like 1