Asante

gr82b4au

1 minute ago, clwn said:

Besides the Cal kicker, he pretty much saved the game. Dude was a one man wrecking crew.

Rewatch the UMass game. Kid was killing it on defense and special teams. 

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone saw this, but it explains a lot…. 
https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2023/08/lets-work-before-eugene-asante-could-be-auburns-hype-man-he-had-to-be-his-own.html

image.jpeg

Lets work!!!!!

Edited by GoAU
  • Like 3

One of the best individual efforts I’ve seen on either side of the ball in a while. You don’t have to know anything about football and can sit and watch that performance and know the impact he had. Tremendous potential with this guy. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, clwn said:

Besides the Cal kicker, he pretty much saved the game. Dude was a one man wrecking crew.

Yeah him, Kaufman, and Marcus Harris all saved the game for Auburn. Those 3 names were called constantly 

• Like 2

I want to publicly apologize to Mr. Asante. I was not impressed by what I saw him do while at UNC. Boy was I wrong! Dude balled out and is a little ball of hate. Much props to him! 

• Like 2

He was great. I can't recall a better one game performance recently. I'd have to go back to Curt Crain (25 tackles) vs Bammer in '87? or Freddy Smith's insane performance against one of the Big-12 teams back in the Barfield days to find something equal.

• Like 3

Asante showed out and Nixon flashed some big play potential too. If those 2 stay healthy until Keys gets back we will have some stability at LB. The players behind them aren’t very good. 

• Like 2

Proud of this guy. He took over the game and is a big reason why we escaped with the win. I’ve been hoping for big things from him since we went to the same high school. AU doesn’t sign many kids from Northern VA so it’s kinda cool to see him in orange/blue. Here’s to hoping he continues to play like he did last night. 

Edited by Auburn 6
  • Like 3

I read where he had 12 tackles. That's totally BS. I saw at least 50 . But I did have a beverage or two and it was late. 

Seriously, I really thought it would be in the fast Freddie range, at least 20 or so.

On 9/10/2023 at 2:01 PM, TD1 said:

Smh. Harsin's daughter posted this:

Screenshot_20230910_145818_X.jpg

So,  he didn't want to play in your dad's embarrassing offense defense.  Some players asked your incompetent dad if they could  transfer out of Auburn completely specifically to not play in your dads crappy offense defense

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

So,  he didn't want to play in your dad's embarrassing offense.  Some players asked your incompetent dad if they could  transfer out of Auburn completely specifically to not play in your dads crappy offense.

Sir, this is wendy's that is a defensive player