Auburn vs Aggies Post-Game Thread

Didba

30 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Another issue might be the coaches aren’t letting him gunsling and it’s broken him.

I quote his TDs a lot but he also had a LOT of INTs at MSU. But that’s just what you get with a guy like that. You have to let him spin it or don’t play him. You won’t win championships that way but you can win games with a QB who throws a pick or two a game. But you won’t win jack with a QB that is as inept as PT right now. 

I'm having trouble understanding how affording a dude that has missed several wide open receivers the liberty to take more chances makes any kind of sense. I understand that you guys are looking at him through optimist-green-tinted glasses, but at a certain point, you have to settle into reality. A guy that can sling it accurately isn't going to consistently brick easy throws. If you let him gun-sling, he's going to start putting his defense in more precarious positions, which is going to force them to stay on the field longer and...you know the rest. 

If you wanna go the route of letting an inaccurate quarterback spin it, then you might as well start Ashford because he can at least make plays on the ground. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

I'm having trouble understanding how affording a dude that has missed several wide open receivers the liberty to take more chances makes any kind of sense. I understand that you guys are looking at him through optimist-green-tinted glasses, but at a certain point, you have to settle into reality. A guy that can sling it accurately isn't going to consistently brick easy throws. If you let him gun-sling, he's going to start putting his defense in more precarious positions, which is going to force them to stay on the field longer and...you know the rest. 

If you wanna go the route of letting an inaccurate quarterback spin it, then you might as well start Ashford because he can at least make plays on the ground. 

I’m definitely not a proponent of Thorne being the guy. We’re just guessing at why he’s been so bad. I’d run it with Ashford or I’d start Thorne one more week just because I wouldn’t want Holden’s first start to be that UGA defense.

Maybe they tell Thorne next week he gets a half and to just go have fun. He’s currently playing not to mess up. Give him the half and let him know it’s make or break - and playing tight is certainly going to break him.

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I’m definitely not a proponent of Thorne being the guy. We’re just guessing at why he’s been so bad. I’d run it with Ashford or I’d start Thorne one more week just because I wouldn’t want Holden’s first start to be that UGA defense.

Maybe they tell Thorne next week he gets a half and to just go have fun. He’s currently playing not to mess up. Give him the half and let him know it’s make or break - and playing tight is certainly going to break him.

Too bad can’t get immunity for PT so he can say what’s the issue. Something just isn’t clicking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Emotions are hard. 

image.gif.9c804404370f116b431262de5255790d.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who the hell knows or cares why he is bad? Doesn’t matter what he was in the past , he is not horrible right now. No sense in mulling it over. I watched him in person and seen his play the last two years. He was never good but he was an above average player in my eyes. However, there is a reason he entered. Despite those “gaudy” numbers, they had the intentions of bringing in another QB for completion . That should tell you all you need to know. His confidence is shot. Once your confidence is shot that can drastically change how you perform no matter how talented you are, look at Ben Simmons. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fasttimes said:

Its really going to sting if Bo Nix ends up winning the heisman.

It doesn't really to me because he wouldn't have won it here without a better supporting case. Now if we had made a better coaching selection that Potatoes AU Rotten then maybe he would have had a chance to shine here. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, e808 said:

Plenty of MSU fans gave opinions on PT. No tears were shed by him announcing going to the portal. Keon Coleman was a beast. Makes u wonder why Coleman didn’t follow him

Most AU fans didn’t shed tears when Bo entered the portal. That’s not the measure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

It doesn't really to me because he wouldn't have won it here without a better supporting case. Now if we had made a better coaching selection that Potatoes AU Rotten then maybe he would have had a chance to shine here. 

yeah, thats not my point. just that we had a heisman caliber qb who was AU through and through and all the powers that be let him go (ran him off?) and now we have sub par qbs and no evidence that things will be better next years since we will likely be starting over again.

My personal take on Thorne: Hugh is still trying to figure out how to coach him. I get the feeling Hugh is tearing into him for his miscues, but that is only making Thorne play scared and think too much. He's out there playing not to make a mistake rather than doing what he knows.

As was mentioned in other posts, we are good enough on D to overcome an INT or two by Thorne each game, as long as he can move the ball down field and score sometimes.

I think you turn him loose on UGA and see if he can find a rhythm. If he's completely ineffective again, probably time to move on from him.

10 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Probably the most ignorant post in here...what are you smoking?

You got any proof besides your own puff and fluff? No, you don't because he played like trash yesterday against the first D with a pulse he's faced. 

• Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

well, for those of you who thought yesterday was bad, wait until Saturday in Athens:nopityA:

17 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

well, for those of you who thought yesterday was bad, wait until Saturday in Athens:nopityA:

It’s at Auburn and will be Becks first game on the road. If only Auburn could find some offense

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

My personal take on Thorne: Hugh is still trying to figure out how to coach him. I get the feeling Hugh is tearing into him for his miscues, but that is only making Thorne play scared and think too much. He's out there playing not to make a mistake rather than doing what he knows.

As was mentioned in other posts, we are good enough on D to overcome an INT or two by Thorne each game, as long as he can move the ball down field and score sometimes.

I think you turn him loose on UGA and see if he can find a rhythm. If he's completely ineffective again, probably time to move on from him.

It’s a trust issue at the moment. I don’t think the coaches trust Thorne to run the offense correctly at the moment. This is effecting his confidence. 
I can’t blame the coaches ...

If a change is coming in the starting quarterback position, it won’t come until after UGA 

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

You got any proof besides your own puff and fluff? No, you don't because he played like trash yesterday against the first D with a pulse he's faced. 

Everyone that knows football disagrees with you, which you clearly don't if you compared him to Robby Ashford for crying out loud (and I like Robby). Since you made the asinine comment I'll let you do your own research on him. Kid is a NFL caliber QB and will be drafted in the first round in whatever year he decides to come out. 

53 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

It’s a trust issue at the moment. I don’t think the coaches trust Thorne to run the offense correctly at the moment. This is effecting his confidence. 

If a change is coming in the starting quarterback position, it won’t come until after UGA 

Makes no sense to wait to me.

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Not just trust between players and coaches, trust between players themselves. We are starting seven guys on O that weren't even on the team last year.

Edited by ertrader

2 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I don’t trust PT, at least Ashford has some wheels.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's a long time platinum donor you're speaking to

Being a donor is great and we appreciate it. It doesn’t change anything in terms of how you are to conduct yourself here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Being a donor is great and we appreciate it. It doesn’t change anything in terms of how you are to conduct yourself here. 

I’m curious to know if you Mods take the approach to let the crazies in the In-Game threads just run wild?  Heck, some conversations in the post-game thread were off color with abhorrent comments back and forth.  

• Like 1

Just now, keesler said:

I’m curious to know if you Mods take the approach to let the crazies in the In-Game threads just run wild?  Heck, some conversations in the post-game thread were off color with abhorrent comments back and forth.  

Not as a rule. But sometimes things get missed or mods just didn’t happen to be on when it got crazy and by the time they were back, several pages had gone by and it was just lost. 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Not as a rule. But sometimes things get missed or mods just didn’t happen to be on when it got crazy and by the time they were back, several pages had gone by and it was just lost. 

I understand, y’all do an awfully good job and it’s appreciated.  I don’t have the time to visit much anymore but things went off the rails big time in a thread or two yesterday.  🥵

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

It was just a joke on his posting and what he was saying 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

To be clear, its not about winning right now. It’s about looking like we practiced during in fall camp and the for today’s game. Today Bo Nix solidified himself as a Heisman winner. Finley is throwing for about 300 yards a game. Thorne wasn’t a world beater at MSU put up some really solid numbers. From Gus to Harsin and now Freeze we have QBs look ridiculous in our system but work out just fine in other systems. Most of us, myself included didn’t expect Freeze to win more than 6 or 7 games this season. But I expected our QBs to appear at least moderately competent. The defensive side of the ball was equally bare for Ron Roberts, but his unit is showing up and showing improvement. The offensive side looks like a discombobulated mess. Freeze and Monty need to figure it out quickly. 

This is exactly where I’m at.  I wasn’t expecting a W honestly but I was expecting a coherent, dare I even hope a creative, game plan that would allow us to be competitive week in and week out. 

We are working on a solid decade of up and down offenses that are hard to watch.  I understand completely those calling for patience and “its gonna take awhile” folks. Problem I have is I really don’t believe Hugh is the guy. What exactly in his past qualified him to rebuild a major program that has to compete with the two best programs in the country for recruits and wins year in and year out? I get that we have to give him time and I’m in no way hitting the panic button, mainly because I’ve seen this whole movie before and it never ends well for Auburn. I fear we are in serious danger of becoming a second tier, mostly irrelevant, program and we keep hiring “gosh I hope this guy works out” kinda coaches.