2021 class (3rd year): :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

2022 Class: (2nd year):

• 1 starting WR.
  • 1 Starting Star (hurt).
  • 0 OL.

Smattering of 2nd teasers

6 of 22 starters are HS recruits?  Stutts is 7 and a 6th year covid guy. Maybe 15 of 44 in the two deep?? 
We have 1 starter and 1 back up OL in our two deep from our previous 5 recruiting class.

Gus + Harsin essentially put us on probation

There should honestly be a requirement for people to read this before posting on the game threads each Saturday.  The amount of randoms that only come to the forum to freak out and spread misinformation on the game thread only is frustrating. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

There should honestly be a requirement for people to read this before posting on the game threads each Saturday.  The amount of randoms that only come to the forum to freak out and spread misinformation on the game thread only is frustrating. 

The problem is that people see what they want to see. There are people in this thread that even argue these numbers. 

17 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Even worse is I blocked one of them and still got their posts the entire game.  Made it a double slap to the face, lol.

• Haha 3

Just imagine what it would have been like if Freeze hadn’t hit the transfer portal like he did. We couldn’t have beat The first three that we did. What people don’t see is you just can’t abracadabra and out pops a good Oline or Qb. I’m surprised that we are recruiting as well as we are.

On 9/25/2023 at 8:24 AM, W.E.D said:

OMG 5 or 7 out of 100 players.  What does it matter?

All that talent an nearly none of them are contributing anywhere.  Why would you expect all of those guys who can't contribute else where to be better than what we have now?  Doubtful

Those were trash Gus recruits.  You're capping for them for one single reason and it's a bit pathetic.

There is an evaluation component of recruiting and a numbers game.  Zero quality OL across those 4 classes is abhorrent.  QB recruiting is a close 2nd.   LB talent evaluation is 3rd.

That's BS. You have already admitted that seven are contributing elsewhere. Add seven solid contributors (probably more)to our team and you don't think that would make a difference?

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I say W.E.D. should get post of the month. Dudes, it's right there in black and white. Since 2019 recruiting and retention has been horrible.  Numbers don't lie

No but they can be made to tell a false story. Probably not in this case though.

Gus did recruit some pretty fast wide receivers but their problem was they couldn't catch it. Other that that Gus didn't recruit much of any talent, certainly not on the offensive line. Harsin was more thorough. He didn't recruit not sign much of any talent. Sure didn't sign any along the OL. Like they say, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken S--t.  :bricks:

On 9/25/2023 at 7:13 PM, Tigger1985 said:

I’m surprised that we are recruiting as well as we are.

As I said several days back, good thing the staff got lots of key verbals prior to the season. 

Of course, college staffs are some of the best salesmen on the planet. Recruiting on a bad team can easily be spun into “We need you to turn this program around” among other classic one-liners.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

As I said several days back, good thing the staff got lots of key verbals prior to the season. 

Of course, college staffs are some of the best salesmen on the planet. Recruiting on a bad team can easily be spun into “We need you to turn this program around” among other classic one-liners.

That’s true, and that line will definitely still be used after this season. Of course it doesn’t mean we get cream of the crop players regardless. UGA and UA have been out recruiting us for years. This is a long road back, but I sure appreciate HF at least seeing that. We can blame Harsin all we want, but Hugh’s friend was a part of the recruiting divide we are currently in. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2023 at 8:13 PM, Tigger1985 said:

Just imagine what it would have been like if Freeze hadn’t hit the transfer portal like he did. We couldn’t have beat The first three that we did. What people don’t see is you just can’t abracadabra and out pops a good Oline or Qb. I’m surprised that we are recruiting as well as we are.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Sigh...there's a laundry list of coaches who have had mediocre to even bad first seasons and still pulled great recruiting classes. It's kind of a requirement if you're rebuilding.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 8:09 PM, W.E.D said:

2019 Class (5th yr Seniors):

• 3 starters on D,
  • 3 back ups on offense.
  • 0 OL

2020 Class (4th year):

• 0 Starters.
  • 2 2nd string LB.
  • 2 2nd String on offense.
  • 1 OL: Career back up

2021 class (3rd year): :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• 1 RB
  • 0 OL

2022 Class: (2nd year):

• 1 starting WR.
  • 1 Starting Star (hurt).
  • 0 OL.

Smattering of 2nd teasers

6 of 22 starters are HS recruits?  Stutts is 7 and a 6th year covid guy. Maybe 15 of 44 in the two deep?? 
We have 1 starter and 1 back up OL in our two deep from our previous 5 recruiting class.

Gus + Harsin essentially put us on probation

How many were run off by Harsin? At least a dozen but I think more…

On 9/23/2023 at 10:34 PM, Eagle-1 said:

And we still have people on here defending Gus. He should have been fired after 2016. Personally, I was ready to see him go after 2015. 

Harsin, I won't even comment on except to say I think he quit after the attempted coup. Not that I think he was ever going to make it anyway. 

Since you brought this up. How many players did harsin run off over his two years? Many of whom start for other teams? IJS

• Like 1

One more thing.i am not ashamed to admit that I love CGM for what he did for Auburn. We wouldn’t have had 2010 or 2013, the prayer in Jordan-Hare, kick six, beating the #1 teams in back to back weeks and many other memorable moments that would not exist without him!! He was great for Auburn and did great things and to continue to bash him is asinine. While I agree he should have been let go a few years earlier than he was, his time here should be celebrated. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

One more thing.i am not ashamed to admit that I love CGM for what he did for Auburn. We wouldn’t have had 2010 or 2013, the prayer in Jordan-Hare, kick six, beating the #1 teams in back to back weeks and many other memorable moments that would not exist without him!! He was great for Auburn and did great things and to continue to bash him is asinine. While I agree he should have been let go a few years earlier than he was, his time here should be celebrated. 

I do feel bad for being as critical of him as I was. I've since realized that he was up against a massive disadvantage in the form of our schedule compared to the rest of the SEC, which hopefully will at least improve in the coming years. We (myself included) did look very spoiled calling for him to be fired after every single loss. "He had a bad record vs. the Big Three on the road!" Yeah, everyone does--those are three of possibly the top five most powerful programs in CFB.

That said, I can understand that our roster was starting to head towards the direction of where it is now thanks to some very poor development and some refusal to adapt on his part. And obviously a few games here and there we had no business losing.

Basically, a lot of nuance there.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Since you brought this up. How many players did harsin run off over his two years? Many of whom start for other teams? IJS

Harsin was a disaster, but if you're denying that the bottom was falling out before he got here you're obviously blind. Many players recruited by Gus transferred out under Harsin for whatever reason, and yes some are still on other rosters. For the life of me though, I can't think of a single one on the offensive line that Gus recruited that left, and started for any team with a pulse. Malzahn, while I'm sure is a really nice guy, was not the coach to lead us to any sustained success at Auburn. For every good win that he had here there are equally unexplained failures. This current team is going to take considerable time to rebuild. It has been in decline for several years. Brian Harsin did absolutely nothing to help the situation, but the long road down didn't begin with him. 

• Like 2

Of course, we all KNOW about the shite recruiting of the potato boys. We all know about the crappy OL recruiting of the Gus.

And we all know that overcoming these deficiencies presents a very serious impediment for our current coaching staff.

Continuing to cry about Harsin is baby-ness. Just quit it! The goal is to move forward with the guys we got ans the coaching staff we got. Wuit blubbering over the potato boys!

On 9/23/2023 at 7:09 PM, W.E.D said:

If only there had been someone banging this drum this since 2016... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 7:48 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Since 2019 recruiting and retention has been horrible.  Numbers don't lie

It began in 2016. Look for yourself. 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/season/2016-football/commits/

Our offensive targeted recruiting, roster management, and player development has sucked for a decade. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Poor recruiting, plus the transfer portal, plus bad coaching staff by previous staffs and even by the current offensive staff equals a bad current team. 

But this is still football season and you expect your team to at least look competitive. Cadillac took an even worse Auburn team last year and found a way to beat TAMU and this years team didn’t even look competitive against basically that same TAMU team. 

The coaching staff is doing pretty damn good in recruiting but they haven’t shown much when it comes to actual X’s and O’s Yet, but it’s still early

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

There are 6 contributors (2 deep) for other teams.

-None
-Bo Nix - He's probably a starter on this team and we're 4-0 with him 
-Kobe Hudson - Probably a contributor on this team
-Romello Height - Back up DE for USC.  Their defense is bad, but he'd be a contributor here
-JJ Pegus - He's probably a heavy contributor for us if he took his move to the DL
-Lee Hunter - Starter at UCF.  Not sure he's much different than Jones/Roger at NT
-Tar'varish Dawson - Back up for Colorado.  I'm not sure he's better than Fair/JJ

At the momeny, Bo Nix is probably the only difference maker playing for another team that would make a true impact on this team.

• Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

If only there had been someone banging this drum this since 2016... 

He's arguing against it and capping for Gus ITT.  It's amazing