2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

13 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Where can I get me one of those unlimited money tree’s?   This is not a question for you or anyone else for that matter, but I wonder how many on here are donors to OTV ?   

I do not. I bet very little in fact. I dont donate because I am a firm believer that the ncaa is a bs organization that offers little and takes a lot from colleges. That pie should go to people who really bring in the money. Just my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

Ward/Salter at QB.  My gut feeling is Ward because things are so quiet on both ends + the pitch to the WR recruits (RW) was "you will have a tier 1 QB throwing to you".

The only way I see QJ coming to Auburn is if the price is right on Auburn's end.  AU will not over pay + pitching to DA that he's the man for 2025 after JH and QJ leave for the NFL.   It does seem things are falling into place now that QJ has entered the portal and Auburn did not renew NIL money for Battie.   

Good news is that JH and DA did not enter the portal!

41 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

Ward/Salter at QB.  My gut feeling is Ward because things are so quiet on both ends + the pitch to the WR recruits (RW) was "you will have a tier 1 QB throwing to you".

The only way I see QJ coming to Auburn is if the price is right on Auburn's end.  AU will not over pay + pitching to DA that he's the man for 2025 after JH and QJ leave for the NFL.   It does seem things are falling into place now that QJ has entered the portal and Auburn did not renew NIL money for Battie.   

They could still after Spring.  NOt tough on that position group missing spring somewhere.

Edited by Hank2020

My opinion - RB's are a dime a dozen.  Our money needs to go towards, QB, OL, and DL.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This .. good Lord. I mean at the end of the day there is no cap, so pony up and buy QJ , Salter, and more lineman than you can handle. Who cares ?? Buy everyone. It’s legal. GA spends more than anyone on recruits and NIL. They win damn near every game . AU can spend as much as they want. Either be stubborn or win. Not saying you are stubborn. Literally there is no policing of the NIL

At least the NFL has contracts to control when players can leave. NCAA has created an unmanageable mess with the portal and NIL.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUY2K said:

Little addendum here. Players could submit papers to enter the portal up to midnight last nite. Then the compliance dept has 48 hrs before actually entering the name in the portal. That's why u see so.many announcement of players planning to enter the portal but their name doesn't show up for  a day or 2.

End of the weekend is the key date for Any Au player to show up in portal 

13 minutes ago, fishepa said:

My opinion - RB's are a dime a dozen.  Our money needs to go towards, QB, OL, and DL.

Yes, more specifically OT and edge rushers. 

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is strictly a guess. But I think Cam Ward is still in play. Along with Salter

Either one of those would be great. Cam Ward is obviously a home run, but I'd be happy with Salter.  Now it's just...tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=34b7628a1beda43

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, woodford said:

Would QJ even consider Auburn? Already a loaded room. I’m sure Georgia has contacted him. 

Auburn has bodies in the RB room but I wouldn’t call it loaded. Judkins is better than all those guys in our RB room and our RB’s aren’t bad either, he’s just better 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Auburn has bodies in the RB room but I wouldn’t call it loaded. Judkins is better than all those guys in our RB room and our RB’s aren’t bad either, he’s just better 

I'm not sure about that., Alston and Cobb have looked pretty good, especially if Judkins is a locker room problem.

• Like 1

ON3 says CJ Daniels, the WR from Liberty is visiting today. No way hes coming here if Thorne is the guy, hopefully this means a transfer QB is in play

10 minutes ago, CR said:

ON3 says CJ Daniels, the WR from Liberty is visiting today. No way hes coming here if Thorne is the guy, hopefully this means a transfer QB is in play

Right now, looking like maybe Salter or Ward. Maybe Taulia? Montgomery is out now, too. Not sure how that changes things.

7 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Right now, looking like maybe Salter or Ward. Maybe Taulia? Montgomery is out now, too. Not sure how that changes things.

Any of the three would be a clear upgrade to the QB position currently here.

• Like 3

If we don't blow up in the Portal this weekend, I'm afraid I'm going to blow up!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Montgomery is out now, too. Not sure how that changes things.

For the better I'm pretty sure.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

“Who is going to be throwing me the ball?”

13 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

79BDBA10-E91E-4DD3-B020-CD4934796D85.jpeg

Given that we couldn't even get McCall on campus, hopefully this means he's eligible for us.