2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

32 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Why doesn't he look happy about it?

He’s like the Hulk, he’s always angry. 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Why doesn't he look happy about it?

I don't know. But that just reminded me of a lineman that we recruited a while back (I thought he even signed with us), that had the meanest face I've ever seen. Probably 5+ years back. I think his HS colors were black and yellow, but I could be mistaken.

Anyone remember that guy? 

12 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I don't know. But that just reminded me of a lineman that we recruited a while back (I thought he even signed with us), that had the meanest face I've ever seen. Probably 5+ years back. I think his HS colors were black and yellow, but I could be mistaken.

Anyone remember that guy? 

Ed Christianson 

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Ed Christianson 

Not sure who that is. 🤷‍♂️

Found it, though.

Jontavious Johnson (signed in 2015)

image.png

image.png

• Haha 1

Will Rodgers back in the portal after Debo went to Bama. Get this QB freeze. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Will Rodgers back in the portal after Debo went to Bama. Get this QB freeze. 

Chances he follows him to Bama?

14 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Not with Milroe owning the qb room. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Not likely - Alabama has Milroe, then 5* Ty Simpson, then 5* Julian Sayin (who DeBoer recruited at Washington). I think he works with what he has since the cupboard is full at UAT. 

I would definitely take a healthy Will Rogers over Payton Thorne. The only question is if Will Rogers will stay at Washington if they hire the OC to be the Head Coach.

• Like 1

Is there still time over the weekend to still get any more transfers in time to go through spring training?  What is the cutoff date for enrollment?

I’m not sure Milroe can be come a pure passer in the way they used Penix. Maybe they can adapt the offense but Roger’s is probably better suited to what UW did the last two years at QB. 

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wish in some other dimension we could get Milroe. 

He could transfer if doesn’t get the job after spring 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

It should be zero. Milroe has been tabbed as a heisman candidate for next year but maybe he likes to compete 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Not likely - Alabama has Milroe, then 5* Ty Simpson, then 5* Julian Sayin (who DeBoer recruited at Washington). I think he works with what he has since the cupboard is full at UAT. 

I would definitely take a healthy Will Rogers over Payton Thorne. The only question is if Will Rogers will stay at Washington if they hire the OC to be the Head Coach.

Roger’s will stay if the hire Kliff Kingsbury

I like Milroe more than Rogers, but for this roster and the coach's preferences, I think he'd rather have Rogers. Perry and Cam are such YAC monsters that there is some value in having a west coast/dink and dump surgical type QB. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I like Milroe more than Rogers, but for this roster and the coach's preferences, I think he'd rather have Rogers. Perry and Cam are such YAC monsters that there is some value in having a west coast/dink and dump surgical type QB. 

Nailed it. Just like leach did AU when he beat our eyes shut . Just 7-12 yard digs , drags, curls , then over the top . AU couldn’t stop it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I respectfully disagree. Those same dink and donk throws Milroe can make and has a good deep ball. He has issues with going through his read. From what I have seen from CHF the qb was able to do both. Specifically toward the years he beat Bama. Kelly had Moxy and was a gamer. He could do both

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

I respectfully disagree. Those same dink and donk throws Milroe can make and has a good deep ball. He has issues with going through his read. From what I have seen from CHF the qb was able to do . Specifically toward the years he beat Bama. Kelly had Moxy and was a gamer. He could do both

He has the ability to make them sure, but I wouldn’t say he’s good at short/intermediate throws at all. Alabama tried to give him a more diverse passing playbook and there’s a reason they scaled it back. He’s not good at going through his read or really at those nuanced short throws. 

I do think you could probably see him be good at them before Rogers has the arm to be as good at Milroe at throwing it deep though. But we don’t really need a project piece with what Freeze wants or with the receivers we have. This shouldn’t be a 2023 Bama type offense where if you aren’t on a post or streak, you’re just sitting around 

12 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Is there still time over the weekend to still get any more transfers in time to go through spring training?  What is the cutoff date for enrollment?

They have until 17th, I think

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He has the ability to make them sure, but I wouldn’t say he’s good at short/intermediate throws at all. Alabama tried to give him a more diverse passing playbook and there’s a reason they scaled it back. He’s not good at going through his read or really at those nuanced short throws. 

I do think you could probably see him be good at them before Rogers has the arm to be as good at Milroe at throwing it deep though. But we don’t really need a project piece with what Freeze wants or with the receivers we have. This shouldn’t be a 2023 Bama type offense where if you aren’t on a post or streak, you’re just sitting around 

I could be totally wrong but just think how good Rogers is might be skewed . The dinking and dunking was their running and passing game. I am also not sure how much he had to actually go through his progressions. When u going 4 and 5 wide u probably can already see where the mismatch .

Lastly if u decide to just air it out gonna waste a really good running back room. From what I can tell RPO is different than an air raid offense.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

I could be totally wrong but just think how good Rogers is might be skewed . The dinking and dunking was their running and passing game. I am also not sure how much he had to actually go through his progressions. When u going 4 and 5 wide u probably can already see where the mismatch .

Lastly if u decide to just air it out gonna waste a really good running back room. From what I can tell RPO is different than an air raid offense.

Yeah but I wasn’t really talking about the offense - there’s guys that’ve ran the air raid before poorly. His ball placement and ability to quickly find the mismatch is what makes him particularly good. That’s what should translate if he were to come here. 

I don’t see how having a guy who can pass wasted the running back room. If he gets 20-30 passes, you still have 30 carries (assuming the offense isn’t totally incompetent and reaches ~60 plays). You got a really good RB core and the best receiver class of freshmen in the league. I rather get the QB that optimizes both, and that isn’t Milroe