2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Just because you look to get Rogers doesn’t mean you intend on running an air raid btw

Yea, I know. Not saying the offense has to be air raid but from what I have seen from Freeze RPO offense the qb needs to have some mobility. I haven’t seen much mobility from Rogers. 

On the flip side PT showed to be more mobile than most thought even though he missed some reads at times.

At this point I would roll with what u have and if WW wins the job all the new guys grow together. Big picture Bo didn’t do to bad as a freshmen. The coach would have to bring WW along slowly. Just my two cents and at the end of the day my opinion don’t matter lol

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e808 said:

Yea, I know. Not saying the offense has to be air raid but from what I have seen from Freeze RPO offense the qb needs to have some mobility. I haven’t seen much mobility from Rogers. 

On the flip side PT showed to be more mobile than most thought even though he missed some reads at times.

At this point I would roll with what u have and if WW wins the job all the new guys grow together. Big picture Bo didn’t do to bad as a freshmen. The coach would have to bring WW along slowly. Just my two cents and at the end of the day my opinion don’t matter lol

I say go for Rogers and if that doesn't work, Pray HB or WW (I won't hold my breath) becomes big time. I think we will get RW, but man I am very worried about our qb.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

😑😑😑😑

Our portal recruiting has left a lot to be desired. We seem to be unsure whether we need a QB or not. I just dont get thinking one of these guys isnt worth the money with what we’ve seen from the current roster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

😑😑😑😑

Great pick up

Any idea if we've contacted Lance Heard? Big OL from LSU in the portal.

On 1/14/2024 at 8:55 AM, gman87 said:

Any idea if we've contacted Lance Heard? Big OL from LSU in the portal.

I'd be curious to know also. Still rated a 94 as a xfer and we could use the competition on the OL of the ball.

• Thanks 1

“85” scholarship limits are a thing of the past now that you can just pay tuition; COA through NIL.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

image.pngNew portal QB if Auburn’s looking.  3400 yards and 24TDs.  Not too shabby

• Haha 4

Is there ANY chance that Charles Kelly can get us in the Caleb Downs sweepstakes?! He had to have recruited him to Alabama, right? I think he’s worth whatever NIL we can throw at him. He would completely change our defense next year! 

Plus, we need to stick it to UGA after KJ Bolden. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

This is one the bammers really wanted to hold onto. Probably Georgia bound.

No sources at all but it’s fairly common Twitter knowledge that UGA has been in his ear before today. I can’t imagine how T-Rob doesn’t have the in on keeping him 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

This is one the bammers really wanted to hold onto. Probably Georgia bound.

According to the ON3 guys, it sounds like we are already in it with Kite from Anniston. https://www.on3.com/db/antonio-kite-6994/

But they recorded before Downs entered the portal.

Edited by HAPvsOA

23 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Any chance we reach out to him? bama is about to hit Chernobyl level. 😂

If we're not going after a transfer QB, it sure would be nice to get 1 more like this guy for our OL to help Thorne or whoever wins the job have time to throw.

I'm excited that we just got Percy Lewis, but I think this would be an obvious upgrade and improve depth closer to what our coaches are targeting. 

Hmmm...looks like he's CB'd by multiple people to Iowa already.

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

The Bammers are learning it was always Saban, not their university. 

• Like 5

If it hasn’t already, this thing may really snowball on bama. The players that were on the fence with transferring may abandon ship with all these other players leaving.

They’ve gone from saying KD was a home run hire to now wondering if they’ll even watch football next season. 😂

Edited by PigskinPat

11 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If it hasn’t already, this thing may really snowball on bama. The players that were on the fence with transferring may abandon ship with all these other players leaving.

They’ve gone from saying KD was a home run hire to now wondering if they’ll even watch football next season. 😂

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/article/antonio-kite-will-be-in-auburn-on-wednesday-225593491/

image.png

• Like 4

As much as I enjoy watching a bama meltdown, I would enjoy even more for AU to land some of this elite talent that's becoming available right up the road.    The scale of this talent explosion on the market is unlikely to be seen again.  

• Like 4