2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

Regarding Caleb Downs.... uga probably has the upper hand, but we may have a shot because of Kelly? We already got Kite. Or is it just wishful thinking?

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 7.34.33 PM.png

Edited by yngwie1995

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

Regarding Caleb Downs.... uga probably has the upper hand, but we may have a shot because of Kelly? We already got Kite. Or is it just wishful thinking?

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 7.34.33 PM.png

He's going to Georgia. Praying I'm wrong!

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

I'm assuming door is synonymous with "portal".

Yes. Like "out the door"

Now that the at the first domino of bama’s 2024 recruiting class has fallen, As well as their Leading receiver, starting linemen and experienced running backs. How long before Jalen Milroe looks around and says “nope, out of here”.

3 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Now that the at the first domino of bama’s 2024 recruiting class has fallen, As well as their Leading receiver, starting linemen and experienced running backs. How long before Jalen Milroe looks around and says “nope, out of here”.

If not now, then maybe when he loses the starting job in the spring.

52 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Just saw that as well. Seems like someone worth taking a flier on as Robby's replacement and someone that can push Thorne assuming he fits in with Freeze's scheme and budget. I'm surprised he's still on the board, but I know nothing about him other than what's on the recruiting sites. 

12 minutes ago, HAPvsOA said:

Just saw that as well. Seems like someone worth taking a flier on as Robby's replacement and someone that can push Thorne assuming he fits in with Freeze's scheme and budget. I'm surprised he's still on the board, but I know nothing about him other than what's on the recruiting sites. 

I'm hoping Hank or Walker can push Thorne. I'd be shocked if they don't. I don't think Thorne wins the job unless he's head and shoulders above the rest. If it's close, you go with a new guy, because part of that is the locker room support.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I thought he was going pro? 
He would be a perfect fit for our offense...👍

Not sure if this is true or not, but I guess we'll know soon if it is. 

It was also suggested that AU had interest in him in Dec, which I must have missed. https://flywareagle.com/2023/12/11/cam-nick-marshall-auburn-football-target/

It looks like they were right last year.

image.png

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Hope this is true. Made a post about him a few weeks back. 

There's a report in the QB transfer thread that it's not true. 

So...what happened this time?

At least on most other fronts things are going our way. 

Edited by AUwent

The speculation on Auburn Rant is that Salter might still transfer after he graduates this spring. Who knows if that's true but very risky if that's why we're not pursuing McCloud.

Edited by AUwent

45 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The speculation on Auburn Rant is that Salter might still transfer after he graduates this spring. Who knows if that's true but very risky if that's why we're not pursuing McCloud.

A spring transfer for him would work..

He knows the offense. He wouldn’t be behind like Thorne was last year 

I mean, I wonder if Hugh likes what he's seen from Walker White enough to think he can go as a freshman.  I know his reviews have been stellar, especially recently. 

It's a big roll of the dice, but maybe why he's saying the QB competition has been reopened.  If White's as good as advertised, maybe Hugh rolls with PT and WW, not HB.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Too good to be true lol. 

I realized reading the rumor today that a new QB is the one thing that will give me hope for next season. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I wouldnt be totally shocked by that with the weirdness of him being in the portal and then right back out. It just seemed odd to me , but something like that could explain it. 
I’ll also say that (potentially like many others here) I became concerned (again) after our bowl game about the QB spot and my optimistic mind can fabricate all sorts of fairy tales when needed. 😄

6 hours ago, cbo said:

I realized reading the rumor today that a new QB is the one thing that will give me hope for next season. 

Yep. I think after the bowl game we are all just hoping and wishing tbh. 

• Like 2