Late October Recruiting Thoughts

Zeek

31 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Quarterback (1)

4* Walker White - Auburn Commit - we haven't wavered here. I do think a portal quarterback is likely at this point. Gotta have someone who can throw for more than 25 yards in three quarters against the Ole Miss defense.

Running Backs (2)

4* J'Marion Burnette - Auburn Commit - has continued to improve his body and has had a solid senior year. Going to be fascinating to see how the RB room shakes out. Will Hunter leave early? If not there is no way we sit here with Hunter, Battie, Cobb, Alston, Burnette, and a second 2024 RB. Someone must be expected to leave.

4* David Eziomume - Clemson Commit - Auburn refuses to give up on the Georgia product. He has a decent build; similar to Cobb in my opinion.

Wide Receiver (4-5)

5* Perry Thompson - Auburn Commit - this dude is the truth and I think starts from day one based on current WR production.

4* Bryce Cain - Auburn Commit - another commit that's having a great year in Mobile. I think he could push for quality reps immediately.

4* Malcolm Simmons - Auburn Commit - I am not super high on him but I think he makes our room better. 

5*- 😁

Tight Ends (2)

4* Kylan Fox - UCF Commit - If Auburn really pushes I would think we could flip Fox.

4* Michael Smith - South Carolina Commit - Auburn could pull this flip if they push.

Offensive Line (4-5)

4* DeAndre Carter - Auburn Commit

3* Favour Edwin - feels like more of a matter of when than if.

3* Kahlil House - Stanford Commit - I think Auburn can claim this flip

4* Andrew Dennis - Mississippi State Commit - Auburn is chipping away

Defensive Line (4-5)

3* Malik Blocton - Auburn Commit - having an impressive year

4* TJ Lindsey - Auburn Commit - large upside

3* Dimitry Nicolas - Auburn Commit

3* Brien Taylor - Blinn JUCO

4* Jeremiah Beaman - Alabama Commit - Auburn has an outside shot of a flip here

Linebackers (4)

5* Demarcus Riddick - Auburn Commit - will start day 1. He is a monster.

4* Joseph Phillips - Auburn Commit - another day 1 candidate.

3* D'Angelo Barber - Auburn Commit

4* Jamonta Waller - UF Commit - :)

Cornerbacks (2-3)

4* Jaylin Crawford - Auburn Commit - Auburn is looking outside of high school ranks now that they have lost/processed a few here. The emergence of some of our younger secondary players makes this less of a priority.

Safeties & Nickels (4/5)

4* A'mon Lane - Auburn Commit

4* Kensley Faustin - Auburn Commit

3* Laquan Robinson - Holmes CC - Former Auburn signee finally making his way here.

3* Kaleb Harris - seems like a matter of time.

4* Zaquan Patterson - Miami Commit - I think this one is gone too.

My guess

• Love 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

My guess

That would be killer and no wonder the NIL folks keep sending me emails. 

Obviously any of the following would be great news to grow momentum again after 4 L's in a row.

• 5*- 😁 Assuming RW and not CC
  • 4* Jamonta Waller - UF Commit - :)
  • 4* Jeremiah Beaman - 3 🐬from Bama in 1 class would be a seismic shift compared to years past  \

Lots of code and smiley faces, but I'm enjoying the optimism even if it could lead to 💔.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

3* Laquan Robinson - Holmes CC - Former Auburn signee finally making his way here.

@Zeek LR never signed with AU out of HS I believe.

Also added 2025 5* WR Ryan Williams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I was wondering where the talk about RW was.

@AUwent What do you mean? He has been discussed in his thread & the last 2 game visitor threads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Zeek LR never signed with AU out of HS I believe.

Also added 2025 5* WR Ryan Williams.

Was he a verbal? I know I remember watching a lot of his tape.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

My guess

Anyway. You're predicting 8 flips? That would be an amazing class.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I wish Zeek would work hard and get us some good recruiting details. Lol

thank you and fantastic job 

I appreciate the support. Glad to have E to check me when I’m a bit off here and there. We have a lot of good posters here who keep it real instead of fluffing a bunch of things for clicks.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I appreciate the support. Glad to have E to check me when I’m a bit off here and there. We have a lot of good posters here who keep it real instead of fluffing a bunch of things for clicks.

I agree 💯

If Hunter leaves then he’ll leave in the portal, there ain’t no way he puts his name in the draft. He ain’t had a good enough season for him to put his name in the draft. Either him or Battie probably transfer if I had to guess 

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

If Hunter leaves then he’ll leave in the portal, there ain’t no way he puts his name in the draft. He ain’t had a good enough season for him to put his name in the draft. Either him or Battie probably transfer if I had to guess 

From what little I've seen, Cobb is as good or better than either of the above. Then there's Damari Alston. If either Hunter or Battie feel froggy, they can go ahead and jump.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Why would they?

Don’t understand how a topic about recruiting is now about RBs leaving when there hasn’t been any talk of any of our RBs leaving.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Zeek any update or idea how A’mon Lane is progressing after his surgery last month? 

Love what I'm reading and hearing with some of our targets.

I will say, there is almost no chance we sign Deion Smith. He played high school ball at prep school in Jackson. He tried to transfer to Ole Miss from LSU but didn't have the grades. Coming out of JUCO, he's going to Ole Miss. The only way that doesn't happen is if Lane leaves, which seems very unlikely right now. We have a better shot at signing both Cam Coleman and Ryan Williams than we do of signing Smith.

• Thanks 1

So I think I saw that Thompson and Crawford were taking the ACT this week? Is that a bad sign in regards to them qualifying? I know Thompson said he's planning on being an EE.

Edited by AUwent