PT

auburnatl1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

IMO had the coaches not gone in the terrified fetal position in the 2nd half (and asked the defense to save us - again), PT could have had +350 yards passing yards and over 40 pts. Impressive showing.  We’ve got to shake whatever pick 6 phobia we have. Constant 3 and outs aren’t any better. 

Take the cuffs off PT and let’s see what he’s got. 

From your fingertips to Hugh’s frontal lobe. 

• Haha 4

After the FG we didn't throw a pass on a single 1st down. I think 6-7 in a row. Def went conservative and away from what was working. 

Not sure why, it's not like those back to back to back 3 and outs "saved" the defense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

IMO had the coaches not gone in the terrified fetal position in the 2nd half (and asked the defense to save us - again), PT could have had +350 yards passing yards and over 40 pts. Impressive showing.  We’ve got to shake whatever pick 6 phobia we have. Constant 3 and outs aren’t any better. 

If Auburn had not blocked well in the first half, AU would have lost. The reality is we should have won, and we should have won by only 7. I hope we keep winning the line of scrimmage in the first half of all games..

A lot of credit needs to go to the protection that was given. That was the best I've seen offensive line looking a long time. Probably had more to do with missed States ability to put pressure but nonetheless

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have seriously disserved PT.    He needed to be reassured as QB 1 and instead we said RA was nipping at his heals.  CHF was infatuated with RA's legs and it caused him to miss the bigger picture.   If PT had been given the reins as the undisputed number 1, we would be 6-1.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, LPTiger said:

We have seriously disserved PT.    He needed to be reassured as QB 1 and instead we said RA was nipping at his heals.  CHF was infatuated with RA's legs and it caused him to miss the bigger picture.   If PT had been given the reins as the undisputed number 1, we would be 6-1.

Maybe, as long as we didn't hamper him with stupidity like the second half today. Felt like watching Gus ball in the second half continually running into an 8-9 man box on first down.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

I think when people realize that Hugh is very Gus’ish in his strategy, they’ll accept things for what they are and cope accordingly. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yep, we need to let it rip with Thorne. He's our best chance. If he throws picks, at least we tried. 

He's only thrown 5 ints this season so it's not like it's been a huge problem. He looked great when given chances today. Hell, he was 9 of 13 against Ole Miss. Plus, he continues to make a surprising number of plays with his legs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I think when people realize that Hugh is very Gus’ish in his strategy, they’ll accept things for what they are and cope accordingly. 

You saying I probably should stay away from sharp objects on game days?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yep, we need to let it rip with Thorne. He's our best chance. If he throws picks, at least we tried. 

He's only thrown 5 ints this season so it's not like it's been a huge problem. He looked great when given chances today. Hell, he was 9 of 13 against Ole Miss. Plus, he continues to make a surprising number of plays with his legs. 

Yep, and if he had been 18 of 26 we probably win.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Seriously doubt this. The OL protection today was much more the reason PT had a good day. His decision making is still suspect, given the audibling into a mass of defenders and some glaring mid-reads on the option. We might be 5-3, but 6 wins just for not rotating QBs?…I ain’t buying it.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, keesler said:

I’m not there…yet.

26 minutes ago, keesler said:

I think he’s cut from the same cloth but but he’s a better version of Gus because of recruiting alone. Very happy to see the first half execution today. Didn’t see as much of the second half but doesn’t look like I missed much.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shabby said:

A lot of credit needs to go to the protection that was given. That was the best I've seen offensive line looking a long time. Probably had more to do with missed States ability to put pressure but nonetheless

I understood that was one of their strengths!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I think he’s cut from the same cloth but but he’s a better version of Gus because of recruiting alone. Very happy to see the first half execution today. Didn’t see as much of the second half but doesn’t look like I missed much.

If you only saw the 1st half, your impressions are prolly vastly overrated. The 2nd half looked more like the truest version of the season thus far. Some are all giddy just for the W, which is fine, but I wouldn’t say a tremendous amount of progress was made simply by how awfully regressive the 2nd half was. 

And I don’t want to hear “we put on the brakes in the 2nd half.” If true, we got more staff issues than player issues.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Love to have seen us put up another one or two. It would have been indicative of the way we controlled the entire game. Don’t think it had anything to do the “fetal position” or could haves.

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree wholeheartedly! We cannot get any better if the coaches do not allow the players to play!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

If you only saw the 1st half, your impressions are prolly vastly overrated. The 2nd half looked more like the truest version of the season thus far. Some are all giddy just for the W, which is fine, but I wouldn’t say a tremendous amount of progress was made simply by how awfully regressive the 2nd half was. 

And I don’t want to hear “we put on the brakes in the 2nd half.” If true, we got more staff issues than player issues.

I would agree with your last sentence and I really think that is what it is.  It needs to get fixed.  

6 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I would agree with your last sentence and I really think that is what it is.  It needs to get fixed.  

Make no mistake, we have player issues.

• Like 1

I still don't know what he looks like against a good team, but yeah the gameplanning and actual live play calling just isn't that good. But I don't think any of that or anything we saw is anything new. The playcalling just doesn't optimize this current roster, although between a bit more tempo early on and alot more checkdown reads, it's a step 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

This is what concerns me. No sane person could argue that the offense was called the same in the second half as it was in the first. 

It was obvious that Hugh decided at the half to try to lean on the running game, milk clock, and save the defense. Only problem was that State decided that was probably what we were going to do, and walked extra dudes into the box. Got a little out coached in 2nd half, and just kept banging our head into the same wall. Gone were the first down passes, flat passes to the running backs on early downs. Nothing was the same as the first half. 

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 2