We have 3 regular season games left…

tbone4jc

HUGE 50/50 game this weekend…win and the major story line coming into the Iron Bowl is that Hugh Freeze is in the midst of an incredible turnaround and is storming back.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

HUGE 50/50 game this weekend…win and the major story line coming into the Iron Bowl is that Hugh Freeze is in the midst of an incredible turnaround and is storming back.

You are creating a story on a game that we should lose. They call it setting yourself up for disappointment. You should base the story on something more certain and that is recruiting for 2024 and 2025. This game has no bearing on our future and neither does the AL game. It has no relationship to what AU football can become again. If you want fantasy, go watch Rocky or Rambo.

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

This season is going by too fast so let’s just enjoy the last quarter of the season, growing pains and all! War Eagle

Way too fast. I love when we win and you can't beat the good times, but the older I get the more I enjoy just watching Auburn football. It's a nice treat in life.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AUApostle said:

I like the way you talk!  Let's get it!  War Eagle!

54 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

You are creating a story on a game that we should lose. They call it setting yourself up for disappointment. You should base the story on something more certain and that is recruiting for 2024 and 2025. This game has no bearing on our future and neither does the AL game. It has no relationship to what AU football can become again. If you want fantasy, go watch Rocky or Rambo.

But Rocky and Rambo were both real.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

So, you are in the camp that thinks current on-field results don't affect recruiting? I don't believe that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

I set myself up for disappointment each week.  I am realistic but I go into every game thinking “we got a shot.”  It might be a long shot but hey, it almost worked out against Georgia.  Auburn football is one of the few parts of life where I don’t live by the saying “expect nothing and you’ll never be disappointed.”   That’s because in the big scheme of things, wins and losses don’t affect my life. It’s just a fun diversion that I do tend to take too seriously at times and criticize coaches and curse people who don’t think the same way I do but in the end, it’s a game. 

Edited by Dwayne Pride
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, AUApostle said:

Agree 100%.  Beating Arky would be huge, and would make the Iron Bowl a gateway to an 8-win season, which would put us light years ahead of what was projected 2 months ago.  But even a 7-win season would be great, considering the recruiting success we've had this year.

For me, this is a huge game and a great opportunity.  If we don't win, I can always break out the old Rocky and Rambo movies.  I've got them somewhere on VHS...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Agree 100%.  Beating Arky would be huge, and would make the Iron Bowl a gateway to an 8-win season, which would put us light years ahead of what was projected 2 months ago.  But even a 7-win season would be great, considering the recruiting success we've had this year.

For me, this is a huge game and a great opportunity.  If we don't win, I can always break out the old Rocky and Rambo movies.  I've got them somewhere on VHS...

All is not lost if we don’t win…but currently we’re ignored by national media, would be nice to get some air time for a couple of weeks as well as build some confidence for bama.

• Like 3

Auburn vs UCF in Bham would (this season) on so many levels be too excellent for words. IMO.

We're projected by many pundits to play Oklahoma in the Texas Bowl. In our current rebuilding mode, that game would be the polar opposite of excellent. IMO.

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Way too fast. I love when we win and you can't beat the good times, but the older I get the more I enjoy just watching Auburn football. It's a nice treat in life.

Amen

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

considering Auburn is only a 3 point underdog this post comes across as really ignorant and hyperbolic

Edited by shabby
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Auburn vs UCF in Bham would (this season) on so many levels be too excellent for words. IMO.

We're projected by many pundits to play Oklahoma in the Texas Bowl. In our current rebuilding mode, that game would be the polar opposite of excellent. IMO.

Those pundits are morons unless the Texas Bowl is a basketball arena I've never heard of.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:30 AM, Mikey said:

So, you are in the camp that thinks current on-field results don't affect recruiting? I don't believe that.

The results this year seem to be proving you incorrect. In fact, '25 is looking even stronger.  I believe that the man leading the program has the biggest influence and showing recruits why we need them seems to be working. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

The results this year seem to be proving you incorrect. In fact, '25 is looking even stronger.  I believe that the man leading the program has the biggest influence and showing recruits why we need them seems to be working. 

I agree I am happy to see that he has turn recruiting around since you need players, just hopeful that it translates to on field wins in the future. I mean one can just look at TexasAM and see that having good recruiting classes doesn't always translate. I was more hopefully coming into the season that we would see better coaching translate onto the field but so far playcalling and the coaching has been suspect, hopefully given better players that will change...

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 2

Jarquez has 636 yards and is averaging about 6 yards a carry.  Can he get to 1000 by the end of the Iron Bowl?  Arkansas’s defense isn’t great.  NMSU’s D shouldn’t match up.  Bama will be stout.  Get 300 against the first 2 and do what you can against Bama.  I think this would be as big as getting to a bowl.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

"Never count your money when you're sittin' at the table". We'll count in February. As for '25, that's so much pie in the sky right now that I don't even look at the posts.

The salesmanship of the coaches has a lot to do with it but winning some significant games would help.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

The salesmanship of the coaches has a lot to do with it but winning some significant games would help.

I believe your correct on years 3+.  The first two of a regime change are more about stability, recruiting, and vision.  After that you can sell proof of concept. Prior to that there are usually too many missing pieces to adequately display their vision.  That's why years 1 and 2 are so important recruiting wise, get your players in your system ASAP in order to show your vision is still holding true.

It's one reason why, as Auburn fans, we've had the carpet pulled out from us so many times.  We were supporting houses of cards.  Since Dye, bowden, Chiz, Gus all had a tremendous amount of instant success without addressing the crumbling foundation.  Dye, Tubs, Hasbeen(he failed miserably but was trying to address it initially) and now Hugh have been the only ones that have attempted to rebuild the foundation before framing in.  We've been patching cracks in the drywall since 2008. 

• Like 3