2024 4* SF Jahki Howard Signs With AU!

toddc

Four-star power forward Jahki Howard sets official visit to Auburn

JD McCarthy

Bruce Pearl and Auburn basketball are set to have another top target on the Plains this weekend. Four-star power forward Jahki Howard is set to officially visit Auburn this weekend, according to On3’s Joe Tipton.

Howard is from Boston but currently attends Overtime Elite in Atlanta, putting him right in Auburn’s backyard.

He is the No. 78 overall player and No. 28 small forward in the On3 industry ranking. He is also the No. 9 player from Georgia.

Checking in at 6-foot-6 and 180 pounds, he is a great athlete who is still growing as a basketball player. His impressive length makes him a disruptive defender. Offensively he is working to improve as a shooter but excels at cutting to the basket and finishing at the rim.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

all-aboard-everyone-willy-wonka-and-the- 

Some other schools have backed off Jahki due to his very obvious personality red flags. (See the Amazon OTE show.) Trusting Bruce here. Might be a high-risk, high-reward situation because he can absolutely fly. We’ve struggled a bit lately landing top choice wings. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Some other schools have backed off Jahki due to his very obvious personality red flags. (See the Amazon OTE show.) Trusting Bruce here. Might be a high-risk, high-reward situation because he can absolutely fly. We’ve struggled a bit lately landing top choice wings. 

He's grown up a lot this summer from what Ive heard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Incredibly athletic player. Excited about this addition.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* SF Jahki Howard Commits to AU!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The measurables and the report I’ve gleaned from checking Twitter seems to make me think he has a floor of Devan Cambridge - multi-positional defender, runs the floor well, uses his bounce to be a presence around the rim

His quote given to someone stated that they think he’s going to be in the Isaac Okoro mold, which implies a really high level of defensive buy in. I would be happy with a higher offensive ceiling version of either prospect 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The measurables and the report I’ve gleaned from checking Twitter seems to make me think he has a floor of Devan Cambridge - multi-positional defender, runs the floor well, uses his bounce to be a presence around the rim

His quote given to someone stated that they think he’s going to be in the Isaac Okoro mold, which implies a really high level of defensive buy in. I would be happy with a higher offensive ceiling version of either prospect 

I’ve already seen enough Cambridge comps to last a lifetime…. That is a lazy and uninformed take from people. Howard is a whole other level of class of athlete than Cambridge. Cambridge is only a up and down athlete. Howard is a great vertical and horizontal athlete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Committed and signed. So we have a great PG and a great SF in the 2024 class to go with some talented players I saw last night.

WAR EAGLE and welcome to Auburn.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

What the &@$;&& See picture of playing above the rim in the College Basketball dictionary!!!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gotta thing Bruce is an ideal coach for someone who plays good defense at the 3

• Like 3

This dude excites me.  We need another rim attacking wing.  Missed that last year. He seems fearless. The future is quite bright at Auburn 

• Like 2
  • Love 1