Well say this for Harsin...

1716AU

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Did you watch the 2021 Mississippi State game?

You really want to equate that game with this ass whipping?  Really?

I am not a Harsin fan, but today will go down as the worst defeat in the history of the program.  Under Hugh.

And at least that Auburn team played a half.  This one had it's ass kicked from the get go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, 1716AU said:

You really want to equate that game with this ass whipping?  Really?

I am not a Harsin fan, but today will go down as the worst defeat in the history of the program.  Under Hugh.

And at least that Auburn team played a half.  This one had it's ass kicked from the get go.

I stand by my assessment. Trying to say anything nice about Harsin is a fools errand

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I stand by my assessment. Trying to say anything nice about Harsin is a fools errand

I am not trying to say anything nice about Harsin.

Kinda floored you thought that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Did you watch the 2021 Mississippi State game?

I get that State made a huge comeback but we were up 28-3 when Bo Nix broke his ankle. If Bo doesn't get hurt, we blow State out. We would've also won at South Carolina and would've won the Iron Bowl. That's a 9-3 regular season if Bo stays healthy. And we won in Baton Rouge that year too.

We lost by a few points at South Carolina with TJ Finley at QB. We went to 4 OT's against Bama with TJ practically on 1 leg. We lost our bowl game to Houston by 4 points I believe.

I'm not saying Harsin was good here, he wasn't. But if Bo Nix stays healthy in 2021, we finish 10-3 if we win the bowl game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

The egg he laid was his tenure recruiting, player development, and gameday decisions at Auburn 

Ok, pretty much the same thing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 1716AU said:

He never laid an egg like this

He did in Recruiting. He laid this egg multiple times in Recruiting. Harsin never cared enough to break a sweat.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I get that State made a huge comeback but we were up 28-3 when Bo Nix broke his ankle. If Bo doesn't get hurt, we blow State out. We would've also won at South Carolina and would've won the Iron Bowl. That's a 9-3 regular season if Bo stays healthy. And we won in Baton Rouge that year too.

We lost by a few points at South Carolina with TJ Finley at QB. We went to 4 OT's against Bama with TJ practically on 1 leg. We lost our bowl game to Houston by 4 points I believe.

I'm not saying Harsin was good here, he wasn't. But if Bo Nix stays healthy in 2021, we finish 10-3 if we win the bowl game.

And then he still leaves because we still dont have an OL, or anything resembling good recruiting, or a sound development program.

Harsin did not care a bit about his program nor his players. 

Edited by DKW 86

6 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Hugh Freeze is responsable for the most embarrassing loss in program history and that’s on him. Bryan Harsin was less than mediocre but this was a full on crapping the bed and rolling in it. 

I didn't know Hugh freeze played this entire game on the field by himself.

9 minutes ago, auburnspice said:

I didn't know Hugh freeze played this entire game on the field by himself.

Amen.   I’m not saying blame doesn’t lie at the coaches feet too, but every player will look back on this the rest of their lives and say, I played on the team that lost the worst game in Auburn history.    If you have ever played college sports, you will know what I’m talking about.    As a player, you have to have more pride and passion inside you to not let this happen.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts........

Harsin was a disaster, bigger than any one game could represent, and he didn’t want to be here.   The *#* show we have now is really on the existing players and existing coaches.  

Offense/defense/coaches/players….they took this game for granted, they were bullied, exposed, not focused, arrogant, lazy and ultimately didn’t do their basic job( that now, most everyone is getting paid generously for) 

….and as fans we allow it to happen.  We allow coaches to roll in and make millions before showing what they can really do at this level.  This isn’t unique to Auburn, just ask college station. The desire to win is so great, we believe the next guy that says he is “the man”. 

no more grace period, no blaming the lack of talent, no blaming coaching schemes and QB talent.  Have some pride, represent the great University, and fans, that are paying you.  Do your job,  or stand up and say I am in over my head and I shouldn’t be competing at this level.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

He did in Recruiting. He laid this egg multiple times in Recruiting. Harsin never cared enough to break a sweat.

VERY fair

Still, on the field, he didn't

One doesn't negate the other.  Harsin was pathetic, but what I said is still the truth.

I get that people are angry about yesterday. But this “the sky is falling” narrative is nonsense. To the original post, if Harsin was here, we wouldn’t be bowl eligible. We very likely would be 0-11 right now. He was abysmal at every coaching duty. He didn’t recruit. He ran off players. His schemes, especially on offense, were boring, predictable, and outdated. He didn’t listen to any input from his assistant coaches and was truly an arrogant guy who thought he knew it all. And he created a horrible culture that doesn’t encourage a winning mindset. 

As bad as yesterday’s performance was optically, let’s call it what it is. Yesterday was not our team playing at their max potential and losing. Our players were riding high after winning 3 conference games in a row including blowing out one of them.  These players have not seen this before and handled it poorly. The last time Auburn won three sec games in a row was 2020, when most of these players were not on this roster. This is something we haven’t seen happen in a long time. Our players were a)feeling a little too invincible and b) were mentally thinking ahead to next week which at this time last week (the iron bowl) looked like a winnable game. As such, they were  mentally not taking this game seriously. 

When you have a team on a win streak that’s dying to take down an SEC team that comes in focused and wanting it more while you aren’t focused and don’t really care about the game, this is what happens. That’s what we saw yesterday… A team that felt like we’d eventually just find a way to get ahead of them without really trying. Unfortunately, this roster isn’t that loaded to be able to take any opponent for granted. 

The OP is implying this wouldn’t have happened with Harsin. Not only would’ve been worse with Harsin, but I think some of the blame for this game belongs to Harsin. Freeze was pushing everyone all week, saying they were going to bring their best. But the Harsin hangover was too heavy. These players didn’t know how to handle a three game win streak mentally, and steered right into the trap of a trap game. 

So quit acting like the sky is falling. It was very embarrassing. But it was one game, in a season nonetheless that everyone has been agreement on is a rebuilding year after the mess left by Harsin. Folks that are giving up on this coaching staff, calling for Hugh’s head, or implying in any way that we need to bring back Harsin need a serious reality check. 

So buck up. Put on your big boy pants. Quit whining like children. Let’s hope this was the wake up call they needed headed into next week. If not, then let’s send Chapman out there and punt to next year. It’s going to be a better season once Freeze really has a chance to have his own players to work with.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

If my aunt had balls she would be a Bama fan.

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I am befuddled on this one. 

Just assume it is a negative connotation and move forward, Lol