Post game Press conference

bishoptf

2 hours ago, gabo4au said:

Come on man, get a grip. Had the team ready, played a great game. Yea, should have won, every call on every play isn't going to be perfect for any coach. Players also have to make a play. CHF didn't drop the punt, CHF didn't cover the receiver. Yea, can't throw the kids under the bus either, plays happen and they put their heart in it. We've been on the good side of these types of games before, we will be again.

CHF going all in on recruiting and giving bama all they want in year one. Things didn't bounce our way at the end, but I'm not firing a coach or stopping supporting him when he's doing all the things we need to improve.

this is the kind of stuff that tires me. same stuff with gus. its like some folks have no concept of context. losing doesn't bother me. i mean, actually it does but losing to a better team, getting out played. you can't win them all. but to watch that game and ^^^^this is you come away is baffling.

we lose an absolutely inexcusable game to nmst last week then come in and play a game like that and lose in that way. letting robbie play at all, putting moore back for the PR, and only rushing 2 on 4th and 30 are......freakin inexcusable. but yeah, they almost won darn it. you guys buck up.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Better have a top ten class in the mix.

That’s not enough. Clean house with coordinators. Hire an OC you trust and quit publicly undermining him. Hire a competent DC. Robert’s is a joke and s*** the bed with 2 Of the best teams in America on the ropes. I can’t begin to say how over this I am. I still can’t believe this s*** . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Me too. This one ended me. Not kidding. 

This is a reaction to years of disappointment in the program. I get it. But blaming Hugh for it is asinine.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Who has the responsibility to get players ready and in position to make those plays? Also, why was nobody else covering that corner? Almost all of our DBs were on the other side of the end zone. Surely that couldn’t be how the coverage was designed. 

I'm more concerned with the lack of pass rush.  The 2 that were "rushing" looked like they were playing duck, duck, goose with the bama oline

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

This is a reaction to years of disappointment in the program. I get it. But blaming Hugh for it is asinine.

Well he is the coach, ultimately he is responsible, he said he agreed with the rushing the 2 d lineman. He appears to be a pretty passive coach, kind of like gus, get a lead and try to milk it and hope you win. If we just wanted to continue to do that then we should have kept Gus, pretty much the same mo from what we have seen so far. I'd like to hear why moore was out there vs scott, Freeze wasn't even aware it was moore out there. IMHO I just prefer agressive vs passive and all season we have been passive on long down yardarge and seem to get burned over and over but hey they keep sticking with it...

• Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Freeze is bigger dip s*** than I thought. I can’t believe some of the things he said. What the hell was he doing?

time to walk away from AU football for a while. 

is he on drugs?

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

You’ve got me all wrong. I was the guy that started the “pump the breaks” thread last week, and gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was just players mentally mishandling our win streak. The NMSU loss was more embarrassing. But this loss is more telling. After playing relatively well for 3 1/2 quarters, we had three chances to put the game away, and we missed on all of them. You’re playing your arch rival and you lose focus when you have the chance to ice the game? That’s coaching. Not ready to give up on freeze, but this loss has made me lose some confidence in him. Jimbo is a great example of how someone can recruit well but still fail. I now worry that we have a Jimbo.

We’re not even a good 2-deep at any position besides RB, and some of you can’t figure out why we’re 6-6. I can’t make this up.

Look, I’m as mad as hell about tonight’s outcome, but for reasons that have all to do with players effing up their assignments. 

Last week was a debacle, and a setback for most of us with regard to reasonable progress by HF and staff. But tonight, players not making plays at the critical time lost this one; not bad coaching. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

We’re not even a good 2-deep at any position besides RB, and some of you can’t figure out why we’re 6-6. I can’t make this up.

Look, I’m as mad as hell about tonight’s outcome, but for reasons that have all to do with players effing up their assignments. 

Last week was a debacle, and a setback for most of us with regard to reasonable progress by HF and staff. But tonight, players not making plays at the critical time lost this one; not bad coaching. 

We can agree to disagree, I agree that we had some players not make plays but the rushing 2 dang players on 4 and 30 IMHO was a BAD coaching decision bar none...watch espn, sec network, you name it I have already heard them make the same comment, you can't just rush 2 players..they have done that all year, passive vs being agressive, maybe that changes when he gets his players, I guess we will see...I hope he does, but I doubt it...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm more concerned with the lack of pass rush.  The 2 that were "rushing" looked like they were playing duck, duck, goose with the bama oline

Could have been the 5 blocking 2 advantage, which is what I would expect.

By the same logic, I can argue our 8 vs their 5 in the end zone should have resulted in a W, but wtf do I know?

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

By the same logic, I can argue our 8 vs their 5 in the end zone should have resulted in a W, but wtf do I know?

Again, this wasn't a hail mary attempt, it was a 30 yard pass, just need an opening and when you give him all day he found one...

And what makes you think they would stop them when they haven't sopped any long yardage play all year long...

Edited by bishoptf

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

We can agree to disagree, I agree that we had some players not make plays but the rushing 2 dang players on 4 and 30 IMHO was a BAD coaching decision bar none...watch espn, sec network, you name it I have already heard them make the same comment, you can't just rush 2 players..they have done that all year, passive vs being agressive, maybe that changes when he gets his players, I guess we will see...I hope he does, but I doubt it...

Sure thing. I’m fine with your assessment; I just don’t agree with it. You’re right, we’ll see.

It reminded me of playing in the backyard with a nerf football. No pass rush, 3 go out for a pass and 3 or 4 play defense 

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Again, this wasn't a hail mary attempt, it was a 30 yard pass, just need an opening and when you give him all day he found one...

And what makes you think they would stop them when they haven't sopped any long yardage play all year long...

They had one shot at it. It wasn’t much different from a Hail Mary.  #4 gave up 2 TD’s on bad play, not bad coaching.

8 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

is he on drugs?

It’s almost like he was happy or something. Like I don’t know what to say. This was the worst two weeks in the history of AU football. 

• Dislike 1

We should’ve rushed 3 with a spy, but I could just as easily see us sending 5, Milroe reading it right and take it to the house. 

We should’ve won, but everyone calling for CHF’s head are absurd.

You want Gus to be less hands on and be the CEO coach, but when CHF does exactly that, he’s terrible.

This is the worst Auburn team you’re gonna see for a long, long time. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It reminded me of playing in the backyard with a nerf football. No pass rush, 3 go out for a pass and 3 or 4 play defense 

There were 13 players in the end zone. 8 of ours, 5 of theirs. How tf we don’t defend that successfully was due to a player not making the play. His back was to the QB. That’s on him.

There were 13 players in the end zone. 8 of ours, 5 of theirs. How tf we don’t defend that successfully was due to a player not making the play. His back was to the QB. That’s on him.

Which goes back to talent level

Unpopular take, but honestly that press conference made me feel bad for Hugh.  I didn't want him as our head coach initially, but he does seem to love Auburn and that has brought me around.  You can tell he's hurting right now, rightfully accepting the blame for the way the end of the game unfolded.

Tonight sucks.  Last week sucked.  But I still believe Hugh may be able to improve things with time and will continue to support him and the team.  Hoping to see some progress next season. 

War Eagle.

• Like 2

Just now, fasttimes said:

we'll see

What makes you think otherwise? Harsin literally gutted the program.

We took Bama and UGA to the wire and are going bowling with an offense where maybe 2 guys would start at any other school in the conference not named Vandy. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

What makes you think otherwise? Harsin literally gutted the program.

We took Bama and UGA to the wire and are going bowling with an offense where maybe 2 guys would start at any other school in the conference not named Vandy. 

the last 12 years

we'll see how this first recruiting class shakes out. hopefully it turns out as good as advertised.

Edited by fasttimes

I keep seeing people say they can’t believe folks are calling for freeze to be fired?? I haven’t seen one post calling for that. Maybe there are some but mostly its justified frustration over one of the worst losses in Auburn history. We had the game won over our hated rival. There is going to be frustration, especially since we’ve been hearing the “just wait” brigade for ten years now