Post game Press conference

bishoptf

Here is another one at 6:58, CHF says it was Scott that muffed the punt, pretty sure it was moore....He was corrected and he had no idea who was back there receiving the punt says that scott must have taken himself out...good lord.

Edited by bishoptf
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Here is another one at 6:58, CHF says it was Scott that muffed the punt, pretty sure it was moore....He was corrected and he had no idea who was back there receiving the punt says that scott must have taken himself out...good lord.

Yeah, I just watched that. Freeze did not know after the game who muffed the punt. 

Reporter corrected him that it was Moore, not Scott. And asked why Moore was in there. Freeze said maybe Scott took himself out, I'll have to ask Tanner (special teams coordinator). Someone else's fault, as usual. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yeah, I just watched that. Freeze did not know after the game who muffed the punt. 

Reporter corrected him that it was Moore, not Scott. And asked why Moore was in there. Freeze said maybe Scott took himself out, I'll have to ask Tanner (special teams coordinator). Someone else's fault, as usual. 

Yeah I'd really like to know if Scott was hurt and took himself out, heck just don't have anyone back there...good lord we find a way to screw up anything...three stooges.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Yeah I'd really like to know if Scott was hurt and took himself out, heck just don't have anyone back there...good lord we find a way to screw up anything...three stooges.

Was Scott in on defense after that? I don't remember. 

Battie has fielded punts right? (looked it up, just kickoffs) Seems like he has and may have muffed one himself but it sure seems like Moore has muffed 2 or 3 prior to tonight.

Edited by gman87
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

Come on man, get a grip. Had the team ready, played a great game. Yea, should have won, every call on every play isn't going to be perfect for any coach. Players also have to make a play. CHF didn't drop the punt, CHF didn't cover the receiver. Yea, can't throw the kids under the bus either, plays happen and they put their heart in it. We've been on the good side of these types of games before, we will be again.

CHF going all in on recruiting and giving bama all they want in year one. Things didn't bounce our way at the end, but I'm not firing a coach or stopping supporting him when he's doing all the things we need to improve.

Get a grip, he didnt even know who was in there returning the punt. He thought the 2 man rush was a great call...what more can you say, that pretty much sums it up especially the 2 man rush.

I'm glad he can recruit since hopefully we will have better players for the next coach. He may turn it around but he has shown that his in game managing of the game is not the best and I do not think that bodes well for the future, but I know wiat till next year..wash and repeat.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

13 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

Come on man, get a grip. Had the team ready, played a great game. Yea, should have won, every call on every play isn't going to be perfect for any coach. Players also have to make a play. CHF didn't drop the punt, CHF didn't cover the receiver. Yea, can't throw the kids under the bus either, plays happen and they put their heart in it. We've been on the good side of these types of games before, we will be again.

CHF going all in on recruiting and giving bama all they want in year one. Things didn't bounce our way at the end, but I'm not firing a coach or stopping supporting him when he's doing all the things we need to improve.

I don't want to fire him either, but dammit we deserve some answers, and deserve to vent.  We probably won't get answers, but we will vent.

• Like 3

Just now, WillMunny said:

I don't want to fire him either, but dammit we deserve some answers, and deserve to vent.  We probably won't get answers, but we will vent.

Well I'll give you that! War Eagle!

• Like 1

Just now, WillMunny said:

Exactly. It would be absurd to fire him now and everyone knows that's not going to happen. 

But we deserve to vent tonight. We lost the Iron Bowl when we had a 99.9% chance of winning with half a minute left. 

The week after losing a game we had a 93.8% chance of winning before kickoff. 

Let's vent. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, cbo said:

Exactly. It would be absurd to fire him now and everyone knows that's not going to happen. 

But we deserve to vent tonight. We lost the Iron Bowl when we had a 99.9% chance of winning with half a minute left. 

The week after losing a game we had a 93.8% chance of winning before kickoff. 

Let's vent. 

It was nearly impossible to lose that game on the last play.   But auburn,  as usual,  rose (fell) to the challenge. 

• Like 4

To early to fire Freeze.

With that said, it was really a good game plan that put us in position to win.

The two man rush was a mistake that cost us the game. But I guess he’s sticking up for his coach by not saying so. You can only keep someone covered for so long...

There is no way that Bama is one of the best four teams in the country 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

Stop trying to bring common sense into thos forum, people don't want that!:drippingsarcasm7pa:

• Like 1

Too early to fire Freeze but to hope he's going to magically stop pulling this type of BS is just silly. His entire track record is like this. 

We have to learn to live with it and hope he raises our floor to the point where if we land extraordinary talent to ride through the coach's BS and bail the decision making and lack of preparation out. 

We will be good for 2 stinkers a year, if Freeze's career history is any indication (it is). Just hope we can get a game changer to fight through it. Luckily we can survive a loss or 2 if we hit the right wins in a 12 team playoff. But Freeze is not an upper tier coach. He's basically a modern fusion of Tuberville and Gus. We gotta hope for some magic

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Stop trying to bring common sense into thos forum, people don't want that!:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I think the emotions are pretty raw. Devastating loss. This is their Kick-6. Imo totally ok to ask the questions of CHF. He better knock our socks off in recruiting or we can find someone else to go 6-6. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

See y’all next year. Maybe. I might have had enough 😂