Post game Press conference

bishoptf

1 hour ago, gabo4au said:

Come on man, get a grip. Had the team ready, played a great game. Yea, should have won, every call on every play isn't going to be perfect for any coach. Players also have to make a play. CHF didn't drop the punt, CHF didn't cover the receiver. Yea, can't throw the kids under the bus either, plays happen and they put their heart in it. We've been on the good side of these types of games before, we will be again.

CHF going all in on recruiting and giving bama all they want in year one. Things didn't bounce our way at the end, but I'm not firing a coach or stopping supporting him when he's doing all the things we need to improve.

It is his job to have the players mentally focused and prepared to do these things. 

No idea if the issue is the result of having a team made up of 2/5ths unmotivated Harsin players and 2/5ths transfer so, or if it is truly Freeze &Co.’s coaching. But player focus has been a huge liability all year. Too many penalties, mistakes, drops, bad reads, and blown coverages. The team has no discipline. Until tonight, I assumed it was less of Freeze’s fault and more of the circumstances. That changed with me tonight.

We blew a chance to beat our rival by three focus errors. We put the wrong person out on punt return, and he didn’t set up right to catch the ball. Focus issue. We have  them at 4th and 31 with a chance to win the game, and we let someone get wide open in the end zone. Focus issue. We still have a chance to tie it up with a field goal, and we allow a strip sack on a play where that’s the one thing you can’t do. Focus issue.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

Here is another one at 6:58, CHF says it was Scott that muffed the punt, pretty sure it was moore....He was corrected and he had no idea who was back there receiving the punt says that scott must have taken himself out...good lord.

The HC doesn’t make every personnel decision during the game. He trusts his assistants for those responsibilities. Whoever trotted Moore out there, unless due to a Scott injury, needs his ass kicked.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

It is his job to have the players mentally focused and prepared to do these things. 

No idea if the issue is the result of having a team made up of 2/5ths unmotivated Harsin players and 2/5ths transfer so, or if it is truly Freeze &Co.’s coaching. But player focus has been a huge liability all year. Too many penalties, mistakes, drops, bad reads, and blown coverages. The team has no discipline. Until tonight, I assumed it was less of Freeze’s fault and more of the circumstances. That changed with me tonight.

We blew a chance to beat our rival by three focus errors. We put the wrong person out on punt return, and he didn’t set up right to catch the ball. Focus issue. We have  them at 4th and 31 with a chance to win the game, and we let someone get wide open in the end zone. Focus issue. We still have a chance to tie it up with a field goal, and we allow a strip sack on a play where that’s the one thing you can’t do. Focus issue.

Some of you guys who already were anti-Freeze are just FOS. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here is another one at 6:58, CHF says it was Scott that muffed the punt, pretty sure it was moore....He was corrected and he had no idea who was back there receiving the punt says that scott must have taken himself out...good lord.

image.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

I don't want to fire him either, but dammit we deserve some answers, and deserve to vent.  We probably won't get answers, but we will vent.

Venting is good, it’s good, but for God’s sake, make sense doing it.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Some of you guys who already were anti-Freeze are just FOS. 🤣

You’ve got me all wrong. I was the guy that started the “pump the breaks” thread last week, and gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was just players mentally mishandling our win streak. The NMSU loss was more embarrassing. But this loss is more telling. After playing relatively well for 3 1/2 quarters, we had three chances to put the game away, and we missed on all of them. You’re playing your arch rival and you lose focus when you have the chance to ice the game? That’s coaching. Not ready to give up on freeze, but this loss has made me lose some confidence in him. Jimbo is a great example of how someone can recruit well but still fail. I now worry that we have a Jimbo.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2

Get a grip, he didnt even know who was in there returning the punt. He thought the 2 man rush was a great call...what more can you say, that pretty much sums it up especially the 2 man rush.

I'm glad he can recruit since hopefully we will have better players for the next coach. He may turn it around but he has shown that his in game managing of the game is not the best and I do not think that bodes well for the future, but I know wiat till next year..wash and repeat.

Who is this Bishop clown? Bammer alert. 

Just now, aucanucktiger said:

Who is this Bishop clown? Bammer alert. 

What year did you graduate from AU, I did in '89 but I'm sure you did too..not sure why you think I'm a bammer, LMAO...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Venting is good, it’s good, but for God’s sake, make sense doing it.

Ironically it isn’t good. Hi all, Dr. K here with a doctorate in psychology. If you are ticked, the best thing to do is walk away and distract yourself. If you keep talking about what’s made you upset, it will just work you up more. The idea of venting is grounded in Freudian psychology, which was all pretty much refuted scientifically 50 years ago. 

If you want to be here, be here to talk through the cluster f*** that just happened. I’m here mostly to see how my perceptions matched up with what y’all all saw. But don’t expect talking about how upset and disappointed you are to make you feel better. If that’s your goal, go do something fun with family and friends, preferably where you won’t see other games on.

• Like 3

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Ironically it isn’t good. Hi all, Dr. K here with a doctorate in psychology. If you are ticked, the best thing to do is walk away and distract yourself. If you keep talking about what’s made you upset, it will just work you up more. The idea of venting is grounded in Freudian psychology, which was all pretty much refuted scientifically 50 years ago. 

If you want to be here, be here to talk through the cluster f*** that just happened. I’m here mostly to see how my perceptions matched up with what y’all all saw. But don’t expect talking about how upset and disappointed you are to make you feel better. If that’s your goal, go do something fun with family and friends, preferably where you won’t see other games on.

I guess I probably shouldn't watch the SEC CG then, I mean just will bring up bad memories, lol...I mean with Auburn you just have to kind of accept that this is what its going to be, pretty much has been that way for the longest time, just is what it is....

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

I guess I probably shouldn't watch the SEC CG then, I mean just will bring up bad memories, lol...I mean with Auburn you just have to kind of accept that this is what its going to be, pretty much has been that way for the longest time, just is what it is....

I mean, I’m not going to watch it. Nothing to be mentally gained by watching our two rivals compete for the thing I wasn’t Auburn to get. It can only make me more upset. 

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

You’ve got me all wrong. I was the guy that started the “pump the breaks” thread last week, and gave him the benefit of the doubt that it was just players mentally mishandling our win streak. The NMSU loss was more embarrassing. But this loss is more telling. After playing relatively well for 3 1/2 quarters, we had three chances to put the game away, and we missed on all of them. You’re playing your arch rival and you lose focus when you have the chance to ice the game? That’s coaching. Not ready to give up on freeze, but this loss has made me lose some confidence in him. Jimbo is a great example of how someone can recruit well but still fail. I now worry that we have a Jimbo.

That’s players not making plays. When you have 8 defending 5 in the end zone, and the ball is in the air a full 3 seconds..there’s no amount of bad coaching that would supersede a player making a play on that ball. That was enough time for one of the bracketing defenders to help out, although it was mostly a really bad play by #4.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 1

Ok I think I am done with Freeze he was asked at 6:40 about the 2 man rush and he stated that he liked the call at 6:40. You can now call me an antifreezer or whatever but for him to say he likes that call tells me all I need to know about how he is going to coach. He is going to coach to not lose vs to win and even if he gets things turned around I don't believe he is going to be the one to get us there...

Liked the call, SMDH...

Absolutely one of the worst defensive calls in history of Auburn football.  Who in the heck rushes 2 guys on a 4th and forever, and the game on the line. Dang Pee Wee coach knows better than that. He done a disservice to all those young men who fought to try and win that game. And to think Auburn is paying him millions, to screw up so terrible.  Pure pathetic.  Play to win the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That’s players not making plays. When you have 8 defending 5 in the end zone, and the ball is in the air a full 3 seconds..there’s no amount of bad coaching that would supersede a player making a play on that ball. That was enough time for one of the braneted defenders to help out, although it was mostly a really bad play by #4.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

That’s players not making plays. When you have 8 defending 5 in the end zone, and the ball is in the air a full 3 seconds..there’s no amount of bad coaching that would supersede a player making a play on that ball. That was enough time for one of the braneted defenders to help out, although it was mostly a really bad play by #4.

Who has the responsibility to get players ready and in position to make those plays? Also, why was nobody else covering that corner? Almost all of our DBs were on the other side of the end zone. Surely that couldn’t be how the coverage was designed. 

2 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Ok I think I am done with Freeze he was asked at 6:40 about the 2 man rush and he stated that he liked the call at 6:40. You can now call me an antifreezer or whatever but for him to say he likes that call tells me all I need to know about how he is going to coach. He is going to coach to not lose vs to win and even if he gets things turned around I don't believe he is going to be the one to get us there...

Liked the call, SMDH...

Antifreezer!!!😂

I don't like him. How is he any better than Gus? I'll admit it, I jumped on the "fire Gus" bandwagon. But I don't see how Harsin, and now Freeze, are upgrades from Gus.

21 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Not one person from the bunch of defenders in the middle of the field even turned to go help. 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Me too. This one ended me. Not kidding. 

I feel the same, although maybe by spring it will pass. I had already begun to distance myself this year. Wasn’t watching today until second half when I saw it was close but deep down the whole time I knew. I just knew 😢

Burns will prob be let go, but I would honestly love to know the reasoning for throwing Koy in instead. I can’t imagine Scott would ask to come out in such a massive moment unless he was hurt, but I haven’t seen that mentioned anywhere so far. 

DC also is going to fall on the sword, but that was weeks in the making if you trust some of the insiders on here 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Me too. This one ended me. Not kidding. 

It certainly did me. I am madder than I have ever been with this program. Wasted so much time. 

2 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Freeze is bigger dip s*** than I thought. I can’t believe some of the things he said. What the hell was he doing?

time to walk away from AU football for a while. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If Freeze can’t bring in a top 10-15 class In the next couple of cycles... Fails in the portal and wins 6 or 7 games next season, he won’t make a third season... His seat is hot

Currently,  his seat ain't even remotely hot

• Like 1