Post game Press conference

bishoptf

There was absolutely no reason for a spy on 4th and goal from the 31. If he decides to run, good. Probably not gonna run for 31 yards. If he does, tip your hat. I can honestly say that's the first 4th and goal from the 31 conversion that I've ever heard of. Fitting it happened to Auburn 

8 hours ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

If Freeze can’t bring in a top 10-15 class In the next couple of cycles... Fails in the portal and wins 6 or 7 games next season, he won’t make a third season... His seat is hot

JABA when we go looking for another coach we will continue to hire coaches from high school ranks or coaches from the lesser conferences.  Don't believe me just look at our last 3 hires.  Nothing is going to change by hiring a 4th coach except that we might have 3 former coaches on the unemployed payroll.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Carnell said:

JABA when we go looking for another coach we will continue to hire coaches from high school ranks or coaches from the lesser conferences.  Don't believe me just look at our last 3 hires.  Nothing is going to change by hiring a 4th coach except that we might have 3 former coaches on the unemployed payroll.

I've said this on here for a couple years but look at our hires back to Shug.

Shug) wasn't a big name when hired

Barfield) was Shug's OC

Dye) HC at East Carolina and Wyoming

Bowden) HC at Samford

Tuberville) barely a .500 HC at Ole Miss

Chizik) 5-19 and fresh off 10 straight losses at Iowa State

Gus) HC for 1 year at Arkansas St.

Harsin) HC at Arkansas St. and Boise St.

Freeze) HC at Lambuth, Arkansas St., Ole Miss and Liberty

We've never swung big for a HC and I'd argue we never will. They always spin a so-so hire by saying he's their first choice and the best fit. It is what it is at this point.

10 hours ago, gabo4au said:

Come on man, get a grip. Had the team ready, played a great game. Yea, should have won, every call on every play isn't going to be perfect for any coach. Players also have to make a play. CHF didn't drop the punt, CHF didn't cover the receiver. Yea, can't throw the kids under the bus either, plays happen and they put their heart in it. We've been on the good side of these types of games before, we will be again.

CHF going all in on recruiting and giving bama all they want in year one. Things didn't bounce our way at the end, but I'm not firing a coach or stopping supporting him when he's doing all the things we need to improve.

Harsin took Bama to 4 OT's in 2021 and did it with TJ Finley on 1 good leg. 

See, we can spin stuff anyway we want and make something look good when it's not. 

Analytics said we had a 99.9% chance to win that game when it was 4th and 31. And we freaking found a way to lose. It's a different way we lose but it's a pattern in Hugh's career. 

9 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

It is his job to have the players mentally focused and prepared to do these things. 

No idea if the issue is the result of having a team made up of 2/5ths unmotivated Harsin players and 2/5ths transfer so, or if it is truly Freeze &Co.’s coaching. But player focus has been a huge liability all year. Too many penalties, mistakes, drops, bad reads, and blown coverages. The team has no discipline. Until tonight, I assumed it was less of Freeze’s fault and more of the circumstances. That changed with me tonight.

We blew a chance to beat our rival by three focus errors. We put the wrong person out on punt return, and he didn’t set up right to catch the ball. Focus issue. We have  them at 4th and 31 with a chance to win the game, and we let someone get wide open in the end zone. Focus issue. We still have a chance to tie it up with a field goal, and we allow a strip sack on a play where that’s the one thing you can’t do. Focus issue.

I agree with all of this but wanted to add one thing; I've read and heard that on the punt return, somebody (not sure who) yelled for #0 to return. Koy Moore went in instead of Keionte Scott. Both are #0. That is why Freeze thought Koy Moore was Scott. 

Anyway, Keionte Scott was supposed to field the punt but Koy Moore ran onto the field with special teams when a coach yelled for #0 to field the punt but didn't specify the #0's name.

If true, that's a cluster of all clusters.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, e808 said:

My question is u rush two and drop 9 shouldnt everyone be double covered or did Milroe just happen to find the one on one coverage 

Everyone was double-covered except the outside receivers. Everyone was in the end zone; 5 bammers and 8 barners. You would think that a ball in the air for 30 yards would enable another defender enough time to slide over and  help but they all just watched #4, with his back to the QB, get beat.

Get the players and stupid stuff like this is minimized. We're 2 years away from competing again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

Barfield) was Shug's OC

Bowden) HC at Samford

We've never swung big for a HC and I'd argue we never will. They always spin a so-so hire by saying he's their first choice and the best fit. It is what it is at this point.

I agree with what you are saying and agree with you that we don't chase big name coaches.  But if we do chase a coaching that is not a big name at least he should have big 10, sec or nfl experience and the experience I am not talking about coming from Arkansas state to ole miss as HC as SEC experience.  Jordan as you say was not a big name but he had experience as an assistant at Georgia.  Tubs had experience as miami LB coach during the 80s (they had some pretty good defenses during that time) and people also give him credit for the wrecking defense in the early 90s when he was DC at A&M.

Edited by Carnell
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Ironically it isn’t good. Hi all, Dr. K here with a doctorate in psychology. If you are ticked, the best thing to do is walk away and distract yourself. If you keep talking about what’s made you upset, it will just work you up more. The idea of venting is grounded in Freudian psychology, which was all pretty much refuted scientifically 50 years ago. 

If you want to be here, be here to talk through the cluster f*** that just happened. I’m here mostly to see how my perceptions matched up with what y’all all saw. But don’t expect talking about how upset and disappointed you are to make you feel better. If that’s your goal, go do something fun with family and friends, preferably where you won’t see other games on.

If you want perspective here is my perspective. I think we played a good game. Actually, I think we held it together well, because we were overmatched against their OL versus our DL. We couldn't get close to their QB all night. Also, although our LBs made a few plays, they didn't look good when plays get outside the tackle box. I sense the game is too fast for their physical abilities. On the bright side I believe our DBs matched up very well against their receivers. Except for one of our DBs that had a couple of coverage issues.

Our offense came with a good plan. Our TEs actually blocked very well and our RBs found good holes to run and the read option worked. Passing was not good. Our receivers couldn't get open, except for a few times against their CBs. Our QB definetly didn't have the time to sit in the pocket and survey the field.  I think the reason for this is our WRs as a group are not super athletic and our OL is still a work in process. 

I didn't have a problem with the rushing 2 players. Actually, I thouht about rushing 1 or zero. But in the end the other team's player made a play. If we had rushed more, which I understand, the QB would have had more options, and you guys on here would have been complaining that we rushed too many. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I agree with what you are saying and agree with you that we don't chase big name coaches.  But if we do chase a coaching that is not a big name at least he should have big 10, sec or nfl experience and the experience I am not talking about coming from Arkansas state to ole miss as HC as SEC experience.  Jordan as you say was not a big name but he had experience as an assistant at Georgia.  Tubs had experience as miami LB coach during the 80s (they had some pretty good defenses during that time) and people also give him credit for the wrecking defense in the early 90s when he was DC at A&M.

Your perspective on coaching has too many holes in it. Probably need to rethink your position.

Edited by creed

28 minutes ago, creed said:

Your perspective on coaching has too many holes in it. Probably need to rethink your position.

Need you viewpoint what are the holes you are referring to.

9 hours ago, fasttimes said:

this is the kind of stuff that tires me. same stuff with gus. its like some folks have no concept of context. losing doesn't bother me. i mean, actually it does but losing to a better team, getting out played. you can't win them all. but to watch that game and ^^^^this is you come away is baffling.

we lose an absolutely inexcusable game to nmst last week then come in and play a game like that and lose in that way. letting robbie play at all, putting moore back for the PR, and only rushing 2 on 4th and 30 are......freakin inexcusable. but yeah, they almost won darn it. you guys buck up.

Totally agree. The players played hard, and deserved better. Some on here can call it armchair coaching, but I will disagree with you all day long. Play to win the game. At the minimum rush 4 guys, but to rush only 2 is plain out inexcusable. You have to try and put pressure on Milrose, and not let him stand back there like a kid in a candy store. One play , 4th and 31 and everything on the line, and you make a call like that. You don't get paid millions to make that kind of call. You did not give your players the best opportunity to win, and Freeze, that's on you. Freeze hasn't showed me anything, that makes me feel like he is capable to lead this program to the next level.  Even if we get a few better players in recruiting, you have to have the right guy leading them, and a guy who can make good decisions for his players, at critical moments in a game. Personally I just don't see that in him, and his comments after games, sounds like a guy, who is just here for the paycheck.

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Barfield) was Shug's OC

Bowden) HC at Samford

Has it ever occurred to you that there were few or no splash hire candidates available at the time of the hires?  Look at Texas A&M right now.  They have unlimited resources and are unable to swing for the fences because there are no big names available.   At the end of the day, it’s a business decision and a business decision doesn’t always come down to spending a ton of money. 

3 hours ago, Aubi1961 said:

Totally agree. The players played hard, and deserved better. Some on here can call it armchair coaching, but I will disagree with you all day long. Play to win the game. At the minimum rush 4 guys, but to rush only 2 is plain out inexcusable. You have to try and put pressure on Milrose, and not let him stand back there like a kid in a candy store. One play , 4th and 31 and everything on the line, and you make a call like that. You don't get paid millions to make that kind of call. You did not give your players the best opportunity to win, and Freeze, that's on you. Freeze hasn't showed me anything, that makes me feel like he is capable to lead this program to the next level.  Even if we get a few better players in recruiting, you have to have the right guy leading them, and a guy who can make good decisions for his players, at critical moments in a game. Personally I just don't see that in him, and his comments after games, sounds like a guy, who is just here for the paycheck.

I think rushing few people was the right call, but just not extreme enough. I'm trying to think like a Pro coach here. I would have rushed zero and put a mixture of recievers and defensive backs on the field. and backed them up deep and waited on the throw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

I think rushing few people was the right call, but just not extreme enough. I'm trying to think like a Pro coach here. I would have rushed zero and put a mixture of recievers and defensive backs on the field. and backed them up deep and waited on the throw.

What pro coach do you know that would rush zero and put offensive guys in the game in that scenario?? 

Possibly all of them. 

I like the ratio of 11 against 5.

Edited by creed
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, creed said:

Possibly all of them. 

I like the ratio of 11 against 5.

Never seen zero pressure on a Hail  Mary in the pros. The definitely don’t get as long to decide as Milroe did and usually have to move

7 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Barfield) was Shug's OC

Bowden) HC at Samford

There’s a graveyard of big name, can’t miss, sure fire hires. Tom Herman, Charlie Strong, Will Muschamp, Jimbo Fisher, etc…. At one point all of these guys were the top dog for the next great coach. Meanwhile, Saban was a .500 coach when LSU hired him and Dabo was just a position coach with no coordinator experience. It's always a crap shoot in one way or the other. 

• Like 1

So when Auburn pulls off two blocked punts, the Camback, the Prayer at Jordan Hare or the Kick 6, did we find a way to win or did Bama and Georgia find a way to lose? 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

So when Auburn pulls off two blocked punts, the Camback, the Prayer at Jordan Hare or the Kick 6, did we find a way to win or did Bama and Georgia find a way to lose? 

It was Hugh’s fault. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1