Staff Turnover

ScotsAU

There’s already a thread on Ron Roberts. But let’s talk about assistant coaches. Who do we think gets replaced this year? And who would you like to see replace them?

Tough spot for CHF. With several Alumni on staff if he lets any one of them go he's a bad guy, if he keeps any one of them for nostalgia sake and we still lose, he's the still the bad guy. 

• Like 1

I think the OC will be replaced, but I don't know with who.

Caddy better stay.

After allowing Brock Bowers to run wild and beat us, and after the worst loss in AU history against NMSU, and after the 4th-and-31 debacle on Saturday, I'm not sure the DC will be retained, or should be, although I understand he has done well at times this year.  He's like our coaching version of Bill Buckner.

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

After allowing Brock Bowers to run wild and beat us

FTR, he only did that after Simp was injured. Before it, he was shut down. 

• Like 9

I think Monty is gone.  Hugh might promote the Qb coach who I believe was his OC at Liberty.  Hugh goes back to calling plays.  I don’t know how much of the WR play falls on Marcus Davis and how much roster? Caddy has to be safe.  I can’t imagine the Oline coach going anywhere either?  TE coach seems solid.

I think Ron Roberts is safe.  Jay Tate seemed to indicate Crime Dog would return and possibly be back on the field.  LB coach seems safe and is bringing in a top class.  Everybody wants Zach so I doubt he’s going anywhere also top recruiter.  I don’t know anything about Dline coaching situation.

Special Teams were good this year.  Don’t know why you’d run whoever coaches that position off.

The Rundown has been consistent with Monty being gone.  They’ve also mentioned others being gone too.  I feel like this will either happen quickly or wait till after early NSD. 

Edited by Win4AU

25 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

He's like our coaching version of Bill Buckner.

The whole team and coaching staff did a Bill Buckner on that play.

54 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Tough spot for CHF. With several Alumni on staff if he lets any one of them go he's a bad guy, if he keeps any one of them for nostalgia sake and we still lose, he's the still the bad guy. 

I agree with this, but I feel that CHF should have the autonomy to tweak the coaching staff if he feels the need. I appreciate keeping former players as coaches, but I won't have any issue if ANY coach is asked to change rolls or move on. My loyalty is to Auburn University and not individuals and I feel that CHF should approach it that way! 

• Like 4

I’m neutral on Roberts, stay or go whatever. Seems like a change is coming to the OC spot though. Hugh really needs to bring in one of his guys to run HIS offense. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think we lose two, one may be unexpected by the fans. 

Guesses:

Montgomery

M. Davis

OR

Z. Etheridge 

Edited by Swamp Eagle

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m neutral on Roberts, stay or go whatever. Seems like a change is coming to the OC spot though. Hugh really needs to bring in one of his guys to run HIS offense. 

Instead of openly undermining him every post game. Bring in a guy you trust and move on. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Guesses:

Montgomery

M. Davis

OR

Z. Etheridge 

Monty is most likely gone.  
Not sure about Roberts.  
Davis didn’t do anything to impress me, and I think he was down the list of candidates CHF wanted to hire.  
Lac and Zac are non-negotiable!!!  Those 2 MUST stay!!!🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUnCullman said:

Any timeline Bird? With the coaching carousel in the beginning stages I'm not sure an early move is the best play or not. So many factors like Bowl prep, Early signing etc.

No idea.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Monty is most likely gone.  
Not sure about Roberts.  
Davis didn’t do anything to impress me, and I think he was down the list of candidates CHF wanted to hire.  
Lac and Zac are non-negotiable!!!  Those 2 MUST stay!!!🙏🙏🙏

I hope Etheridge isn't one, but he would be a surprise departure.  Total conjecture on him and Davis on my part. Monty is a safe bet, I'd think.

• Like 1