2024 QB Portal Thread

Paladin

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Just curious. How do folks feel about Will Rogers and KJ Jefferson? 

They might do in a pinch but I am really not sure they would be better than the QBs we have with the O-line and receivers we have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Just curious. How do folks feel about Will Rogers and KJ Jefferson? 

Just personal thoughts, I hope CHF would not consider either of those. JMHO

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Not getting hopes up about anything AU related for the rest of my life, but if this guy comes to AU, stud Oline will follow along with WRs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fishepa said:

Anyone feel a little sorry for teams like WSU that when they find a "diamond in the rough" (I'll use that term loosely) that they really have no chance of keeping them due to NIL?

Only consolation may be that every school in their conference is in the same boat. 

The appeal of McCall last year was he ran a read-heavy RPO offense. Probably the most RPO centric offense ever in football at any level.
That fit what Freeze and Montgomery wanted to do last year. Who knows what their plans are for 2024.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What was McCall's deal this year? His stats are very uh... Forgettable? Was it an injury? 

He hasn’t played in almost a month and a half. Got a nasty concussion.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Old fan 47 said:

Maybe Will, but no to KJ. 

Will is a horrible fit for anything other than the air raid offense. Definition of a system QB. He’s not a run threat at all. He should go to the big 12 somewhere.

Watching Tennessee vs UNC basketball on ESPN and the ticker across the bottom says Leonard is entering the portal and Notre Dame is his likely destination. That's the only team it mentions.

I know ESPN misses on stuff but last year at this time they were pretty much nailing all of the transfer portal destinations for QB's. I remember it well because we were kinda in a panic because we waited until the 2nd portal to sign a QB, so I was reading everything they reported on portal QB's. 

Notre Dame got Sam Hartman last year and he he is out of eligibility so Leonard makes alot of sense. 

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Notre Dame got Sam Hartman last year and he he is out of eligibility so Leonard makes alot of sense. 

This, plus Hartman had a great year to help his draft status. That obviously didn’t happen for PT at AU. 

• Like 1