2024 QB Portal Thread

Paladin

7 minutes ago, nurbis said:

How does Jefferson still have eligibility? I swear he has been at Arkansas for ten years. 

Here are his career stats:

image.png

image.png

Just now, Paladin said:

image.png

image.png

I guess I’m having recency bias from last year.  I still want Auburn to show around some to see what else is out there.  KJ is going to expect to start with 1 year remaining.

Not sure if this belongs in the recruiting thread or the football thread. I think it is safe to assume Ashford will either change positions or transfer. I’ve heard one of the reasons Geriner didn’t see the field a lot was because he didn’t fit the offense very well and may be looking more for an offense that uses more of a pocket passer.

So we are probably going to need a transfer or two, even if Thorne ends up starting next year. Let’s talk QB transfer options!

Some names I’ve heard thrown out or that could be available in the portal:

- Will Rogers (Miss State)

- KJ Jefferson (Arky)

- Cameron Ward (WSU)

-Seth Henigan (Memphis)

- Michael Pratt (Tulane)

- Riley Leonard (Duke)

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Am I crazy thinking this guy is a little overrated?  I’m not sure how much of an upgrade he’d be over Thorne.

No, he is overrated.  Arkansas fans aren’t really sad to see him go.  

• Like 2

Ward is the best on this list. Word on the street is that he demands a high NIL. The good news for us is that unlike last season’s off-season, we should have already evaluated most of these qbs and have a good sense of who would fit best. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Ward is the best on this list. Word on the street is that he demands a high NIL. The good news for us is that unlike last season’s off-season, we should have already evaluated most of these qbs and have a good sense of who would fit best. 

I agree and wished we had been able to get him when he transferred from Incarnate Word.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Didn’t see him on the list.

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Word is he has 10 NIL offers already

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

image.png

image.png

I’ve generally felt like he’s been pretty middling outside of Treylon Burks going crazy for him, but those stats this year are honestly impressive to have played with such a horrendous roster. 

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

- KJ Jefferson (Arky)

- Cameron Ward (WSU)

-Seth Henigan (Memphis)

- Michael Pratt (Tulane)

- Riley Leonard (Duke)

The KSU QB has entered also. Not sure what O KSU runs, but he’s had a good career. Haven’t heard much about Ward, but I know WSU had a decent season. 

23 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I agree and wished we had been able to get him when he transferred from Incarnate Word.

He’s who I wanted the first time around too. Even at that smaller school you could see he had “it”

I wish McCall could have worked out last year.  I think it would be best if Auburn found someone with 2+ years of eligibility.  Either way I think we will be fine with PT next year and Hank/Walker as back ups.  

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

- KJ Jefferson (Arky)

- Cameron Ward (WSU)

-Seth Henigan (Memphis)

- Michael Pratt (Tulane)

- Riley Leonard (Duke)

I thought the Tulane guy was going pro

I don't think Thorne is the answer for us at QB.  He certainly improved some over course of the year, but I'm hoping for a good transfer.

If we get one, Thorne may then transfer.  He's probably not gonna accept any kind of bench role.

1 minute ago, WillMunny said:

I don't think Thorne is the answer for us at QB.  He certainly improved some over course of the year, but I'm hoping for a good transfer.

If we get one, Thorne may then transfer.  He's probably not gonna accept any kind of bench role.

He probably won’t have the opportunity till after spring.

33 minutes ago, AUY2K said:

I wish McCall could have worked out last year.  I think it would be best if Auburn found someone with 2+ years of eligibility.  Either way I think we will be fine with PT next year and Hank/Walker as back ups.  

He’s entered the portal as of an hour ago