2024 QB Portal Thread

Paladin

Anyone feel a little sorry for teams like WSU that when they find a "diamond in the rough" (I'll use that term loosely) that they really have no chance of keeping them due to NIL?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Just curious. How do folks feel about Will Rogers and KJ Jefferson? 

At times I've felt that KJ Jefferson was a better version of TJ Finley, but not great. Other times, I've felt he's just a slightly better version of TJ Finley.

I don't know much about Will Rogers, but he sure whupped us in that comeback two years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zinzan said:

At times I've felt that KJ Jefferson was a better version of TJ Finley, but not great. Other times, I've felt he's just a slightly better version of TJ Finley.

I don't know much about Will Rogers, but he sure whupped us in that comeback two years ago.

Rogers is great in that type system. One of those airraid coaches should grab him up.

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Am I crazy thinking this guy is a little overrated?  I’m not sure how much of an upgrade he’d be over Thorne.

No no…

Why not go full out again on McCall from Coastal Carolina. Thought I remembered Coach Freeze’s interest last season was sky high when he could not transfer due to his  curriculum mismatch?
Wouldn’t he now be a Graduate Transfer?

10 minutes ago, au701948 said:

No no…

Why not go full out again on McCall from Coastal Carolina. Thought I remembered Coach Freeze’s interest last season was sky high when he could not transfer due to his  curriculum mismatch?
Wouldn’t he now be a Graduate Transfer?

Yes he is a Grad Transfer

Edited by Paladin

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

No, he is overrated.  Arkansas fans aren’t really sad to see him go.  

What a difference 1 year makes.  Last year he was the toast of Fayettville.

48 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Anyone feel a little sorry for teams like WSU that when they find a "diamond in the rough" (I'll use that term loosely) that they really have no chance of keeping them due to NIL?

In this instance it could have something to do with Washington State having no conference and basically dropping down to a G5 school this next season. 

I'd take KJ Jefferson.  His OL was historically bad.  We have first hand experience with a bad O line making a good QB look bad.

Edited by Cardin Drake

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Graduate Transfer too so grades won’t be an issue.

Hoping that he and CHF still have a genuine connection. CHF surely would have taken him last year if it had been possible.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Yes, I believe he is Fairhope. I hope there is mutual interest. 

Yep, thats close to me. Im in Grand Bay. So followed him some in HS.

28 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

That would be interesting if Auburn played Duke in the Duke's Mayo Bowl in Charlotte this year. That was one person's speculation.

Would he play against us in that bowl, and then transfer to us?

OR... could he transfer to us, and start for us against Duke? LOL (j/k of course)

Edited by yngwie1995

2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

That would be interesting if Auburn played Duke in the Duke's Mayo Bowl in Charlotte this year. That was one person's speculation.

Would he play against us in that bowl, and then transfer to us? 

Usually if they enter portal, they cannot play unless they rejoin the team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Ward is the best on this list. Word on the street is that he demands a high NIL. The good news for us is that unlike last season’s off-season, we should have already evaluated most of these qbs and have a good sense of who would fit best. 

How close do you think CHF is or was with McCall from Coastal Carolina?