It was shocking

Auburn93

Why was it shocking?

12 months on the job and one full recruiting year and we are 7th in country and 4th in SEC. 

Having to compete against UGA and UAT who have been doing illegal payments for a combined 23 years.

Having to compete against these schools who control their state legislatures and resources.

Credit to LP for calling it. 

Let's keep it going.

War Eagle!

Edited by Auburn93
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Having to compete against UGA and UAT who have been doing illegal payments for a combined 23 years.

A hunch it’s been going on a wee bit longer.

14 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

He wasn’t the only one.

15 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Let's keep it going.

We will. 

Part of me wants Saban to retire after this season. And part of me wants to watch AU out-recruit Saban before he retires so there are no excuses when AU surpasses bammer as the top recruiting machine in this state.

It’s going to happen. Just a matter of if Saban is still around when it does.

• Like 2

Everyone needs to keep in mind that any reining in of NIL returns the power to the schools like Texas, Georgia, Bama, and LSU. Just because other Universities limit their involvement with paying players, those schools won't.  A free for all is the closest to a level playing field there will be. 

The staff, OTV, and some recruits themselves deserve a lot of respect for accomplishing what they did. The best part for us fans is that there is more to come. The bad part for the OTV and staff is more hard work. Bless them for signing on to do it. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Everyone needs to keep in mind that any reining in of NIL returns the power to the schools like Texas, Georgia, Bama, and LSU. Just because other Universities limit their involvement with paying players, those schools won't. 

Texas doesn't belong in that group. It's not a coincidence that they joined the SEC as soon as the NIL era began.  They have never been a big player in illicit payments to players and their recruiting the last 15 years reflects that.  However, with NIL, they are going to be tough. Nobody can out-NIL Texas. Big market, huge alumni base that cares.  Kudos to Freeze & company for keeping Carter when Texas made a run at him. That made me very nervous.

On 12/21/2023 at 8:30 AM, Auburn93 said:

Why was it shocking?

12 months on the job and one full recruiting year and we are 7th in country and 4th in SEC. 

Having to compete against these schools who control their state legislatures and resources.

Let's keep it going.

War Eagle!

AU93, I appreciate your kind words.   Many folks on here have been beat down by our prior failures.   Others were disappointed that we were willing to give a fallen man a second chance.  We all share a common bond of loving Auburn and should all come together and agree it is a new day.  Let's stop any and all negative thoughts and recognize we have been here before and we are there again.   This is just the beginning....  WDE!!!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

AU93, I appreciate your kind words.   Many folks on here have been beat down by our prior failures.   Others were disappointed that we were willing to give a fallen man a second chance.  We all share a common bond of loving Auburn and should all come together and agree it is a new day.  Let's stop any and all negative thoughts and recognize we have been here before and we are there again.   This is just the beginning....  WDE!!!! 

I have to admit I was not completely sold on Freeze. But the man has put forth a ton of effort and it shows. I sill don't understand why harsin sat wound with his thumb up hid ass and did nothing to try and better the program. You know he can't or shouldn't be sitting around with his buddies (if he has any) bragging about how he was railroaded out of his job/ 

On 12/21/2023 at 5:29 PM, passthebiscuits said:

A few thoughts:

1) for that few that thought Harsin deserved more time. This is the reason why you’re wrong. Besides the off-the-field crap and the on-the-field crap, the recruiting crap after a full year in the system CAN be used as a metric. So glad he’s gone. Which leads us to 

2) i can’t believe how quickly CHF turned us around. No, we aren’t world-beaters until we turn some of these recruits into Ws, but it WILL happen. And last 

3) it is absolutely going to get better. CHF builds these relationships. Getting into the fold after a year is nowhere near what saban and Kirby et al have been doing. I can’t wait to see what we do now that we’ve been in the central highs, the saralands, the Bufords of the world. Can’t wait. 

And after watching UCF get demolished by GaTech, I’m also glad ole Gus is somewhere else as well. Same tired offense and meerkat strategy of play calling with a frustratingly inept offensive line and long pass routes. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

And after watching UCF get demolished by GaTech, I’m also glad ole Gus is somewhere else as well. Same tired offense and meerkat strategy of play calling with a frustratingly inept offensive line and long pass routes. 

Still came out strong and then spent 3 quarters with the offensive prowess of a powderpuff O.

Neighbors tried to call it for UCF when they took that big lead to start, these TN people don't know Gus like we do :lol: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Still came out strong and then spent 3 quarters with the offensive prowess of a powderpuff O.

Neighbors tried to call it for UCF when they took that big lead to start, these TN people don't know Gus like we do :lol: 

Seems the UCF folks haven't learned anything either by giving Goofy Gus an extension thru 2027 back in Oct.  smdh

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Seems the UCF folks haven't learned anything either by giving Goofy Gus an extension thru 2027 back in Oct.  smdh

UCFs big badass years were few, they aren't normally a juggernaut. Maybe they aren't tryna be.

For all the grief he gets from AU fans, for a school thats demands are less; Gus is a good candidate. He does work in the community he's a part of. 0 scandals, prolly 0 for life. Tends to get along with just about everybody.

While any amazing seasons will be flukish, his average is gonna be a solid season by normal standards.

That's a good coach for a lotta schools out there.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Probably worried about Arkansas back then.

9 hours ago, Mims44 said:

UCFs big badass years were few, they aren't normally a juggernaut. Maybe they aren't tryna be.

For all the grief he gets from AU fans, for a school thats demands are less; Gus is a good candidate. He does work in the community he's a part of. 0 scandals, prolly 0 for life. Tends to get along with just about everybody.

While any amazing seasons will be flukish, his average is gonna be a solid season by normal standards.

That's a good coach for a lotta schools out there.

I thought he was going to wind up pretty good this year due to his starting QB fit his system so well, but didn’t work out as well as I thought it would. Knows he was injured some this year.

11 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

UCF fans are confused

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

That's all on the Atl. Director. fans were confused why give an extension after a lost seem weird timing

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought he was going to wind up pretty good this year due to his starting QB fit his system so well, but didn’t work out as well as I thought it would. Knows he was injured some this year.

UCF didn't do all that bad considering they moved up to a P5 schedule this year. It will now be on Gus to recruit at a P5 level. Texas and Okie leaving the Big12 will help the newcomers too.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2023 at 5:29 PM, passthebiscuits said:

2) i can’t believe how quickly CHF turned us around. No, we aren’t world-beaters until we turn some of these recruits into Ws, but it WILL happen. And last 

3) it is absolutely going to get better. CHF builds these relationships. Getting into the fold after a year is nowhere near what saban and Kirby et al have been doing. I can’t wait to see what we do now that we’ve been in the central highs, the saralands, the Bufords of the world. Can’t wait. 

One of my customers is a long-time dermatologist. He’s a proud Ole Miss grad. He told me 12 months ago if he could have any college HC at Ole Miss, he would choose Freeze. He said easily Freeze over Kiffin.

He told me 3 weeks ago that when a kid commits to Freeze, he always sticks. That Freeze is all about relationships.

I still have my doubts sometimes with Freeze’s on-the-field decisions, but the accumulation of Top 250 Jimmy’s and Joe’s will eventually mask that up, much the same it did for Saban (pre-2018) and Kirbs (minus the Monken era).

• Love 1