Hank Brown

TexasTiger

Hank was playing against Maryland’s 2 & 3s.  That being said Hank looked the sharpest of the 3 QBs.  He’ll be the most popular player going into next year.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, tigerrules said:

Quick decision maker. Throws a catchable ball. Was accurate.  Our current path is not working. ……let the controversy begin. 

QB controversy? Fine with me. Freeze said as much in the post-game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

Honestly both quarterbacks looked better than Thorne today. At least Geriner threw the ball on fourth down. I can’t get excited for Perry Thompson and Peyton Thorne lol

Geriner didn’t look like he wanted to be out there.

1 hour ago, ps4au said:

How do you feel better about the QB room?  I've seen nothing this year that would give me confidence in that group.

Even though a small sample size Hank Brown looked liked he belonged. So appears to be some hope in the room

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now you see we need a qb

We were in the minority in that thread. Hopefully more eyes have been opened. The more telling part is all those receivers that couldn’t catch or get open had a pep in their step

Edited by e808

1 minute ago, e808 said:

We were in the minority in that thread. Hopefully more eyes have been opened. 

Im a Freeze guy and I hope hes right about Thorne. As a fan, Ive seen nothing that makes me think hes the answer at QB.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR said:

Im a Freeze guy and I hope hes right about Thorne. As a fan, Ive seen nothing that makes me think hes the answer at QB.

I am a freeze guy as well. I just think PT has reached his ceiling. He has been in a college for a while . If he was a freshman or redshirt freshman then maybe

Would like to have some hope and believe that Brown could be the answer at qb.  Then I started to think about Jeremy Johnson and how he looked like Auburn’s next starting qb  as the backup for Nick Marshall the year Nick Marshall was a senior.

Then I became less hopeful. 

I’m kinda curious what Thorne would look like with time to throw and open receivers who catch passes that hit them in the hands. He doesn’t seem to be the kind of QB that can overcome a bad line and awful receivers. 

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now you see we need a qb

Brown definitely looked better than the other two to me (small sample size though). I think my past posts were saying that Freeze didn’t so what we thought didn’t matter. Sounds like he mY be rethinking his position if I take his comments the correct way. 

Feels like a bit of an overreaction thread. He came in late when the game was mostly over anyway. Glad to see he made some good throws. But Maryland was probably playing pretty soft by that point. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Anything but Thorne at this point. I get that our WRs don’t get any separation but Hank still took chances and threw the ball down field today unlike Thorne did all year. 

I see a lot of people blaming our O-Line for Thorne struggling too. I’m not gonna say our O-Line is perfect but they did buy him a good amount of time for the most part this season. Thorne just holds on to the ball way too long and refuses to throw it unless he has a WR open. It’s not bad to take 50/50 ball chances downfield if a WR is covered 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Now you see we need a qb

I never really thought we didn’t. That wasn’t what I was saying at all. My point was that people need to understand that it’s complicated. I’d absolutely love to get a more effective qb and and it work out smoothly. 
I just think that Freeze for whatever reason thinks it’s riskier somehow than getting someone. Maybe that thought process will change. Guess we will see. 

Brown had twice as many yards in 2 drives today than PT had through 3 plus quarters.  PT passed for less than 100 yds in 5 of 10 games against P5 competition.  Let that sink in. And Maryland did have starters in against Brown. This is not an endorsement of Brown but an indictment of PT

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Hank was playing against Maryland’s 2 & 3s.  That being said Hank looked the sharpest of the 3 QBs.  He’ll be the most popular player going into next year.

Yes! Important part of the results