Hank Brown

TexasTiger

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Feels like a bit of an overreaction thread. He came in late when the game was mostly over anyway. Glad to see he made some good throws. But Maryland was probably playing pretty soft by that point. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

The game was over by the end of the first quarter and Thorne still didn’t look good

3 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The game was over by the end of the first quarter and Thorne still didn’t look good

It was over when the team left Opryland hotel. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Feels like a bit of an overreaction thread. He came in late when the game was mostly over anyway. Glad to see he made some good throws. But Maryland was probably playing pretty soft by that point. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well on the same type of deep ball pass. One threw the ball on the money and one missed . Had nothing to do with what string of defense was playing 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Coincidentally I've been...... Nevermind

You actually said earlier in the season that he should get a shot. You called it. I’m glad he got a shot in his hometown. 

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

You actually said earlier in the season that he should get a shot. You called it. I’m glad he got a shot in his hometown. 

With our luck he will hit the portal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Haven’t been on the main forum enough to know what you’ve been posting about Hank. Curious now though. 

I don’t believe he’s actually seen a picture of Hank, yet.😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How do u throw 27 passes and not even get 100yds

That happened a lot.  5 of his 10 p5 games resulted in less than 100 yards passing

2 hours ago, BustemBigBlue said:

I’m kinda curious what Thorne would look like with time to throw and open receivers who catch passes that hit them in the hands. He doesn’t seem to be the kind of QB that can overcome a bad line and awful receivers. 

That kind of QB exists?   I think you have to have competent players at all positions to make the QB successful.  

I am not sure where the majority of the blame lies, but I think a minimum of eight of the offensive positions bear some culpability. 

Freeze screwed up royally this yr with not getting Gernier and Brown more snaps. What scares me is this Sam Jackson from Cal will be used next yr like Robby was this yr. I'm so sick of incompetent QB play

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

He did.  It wasn’t pretty. 

Did Geriner just get the one series? I know he wasn’t out there long. 
Seems really odd if they are wanting him to stick around. 

Edited by aujohnson

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Freeze screwd up royally this yr with not getting Gernier and Brown more snaps. What scares me is this Sam Jackson from Cal will be used next yr like Robby was this yr. I'm so sick of incompetent QB play

To me it seemed his bestie was brought in to him settle in . Just like he was named starter to help him settle down. I would think the qb either has it or he doesn’t. He shouldn’t need all these variables to be great

1 minute ago, e808 said:

great

Great? We are just talking component here. And he does to be a decent, competent QB, but that won't come in the totality we have on the roster next year. That is what the pro PT people fail to realize.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Great? We are just talking component here. And he does to be a decent, competent QB, but that won't come in the totality we have on the roster next year. That is what the pro PT people fail to realize.

Yea my bad. I was worried about word selection and definitely shouldn’t have used great. Competent is definitely what should have been used

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Freeze screwed up royally this yr with not getting Gernier and Brown more snaps. What scares me is this Sam Jackson from Cal will be used next yr like Robby was this yr. I'm so sick of incompetent QB play

I don’t think Sam Jackson will play QB.  They brought him in at WR.  I could see him throw in a gimmick play or something like that.  Henry, Thorne, Holden, Walker will be the QB rotation (in no particular order)

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I think he is there to replicate a DT QB in practice

31 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Did Holden not play today?

Freeze didn't recognize Holden and had him pulled from the game. He thought a fan had run out there. But Holden told him he was a top recruit and then Freeze spend the rest of the day with him. 

• Haha 2

I think CHF slightly underperformed given the circumstances (roster mainly)

For me, he gets an A for recruiting, A+ if he can improve his portal work and land Ryan Williams. 

Three major issues from this season:

1. Not preparing for NMSU and bowl game. That can’t happen going forward. You should have the relationships built for the 25 and 26 classes by now where you’re not building them mid season to such an extent. 

2. Not finishing off Alabama (and UGA to an extent, the Georgia game is a stretch but they had a chance). You had your arch rival beat and on the ropes but you couldn’t finish it because you couldn’t extend drives and put them away. That’s on the QB too but there needs to be more development during the season. Oh, and dumb mistakes like muffed punts. 

3. QB carousel. This did absolutely nothing for the team and the offense. I get he was giving RA a shot, but he should know he can’t throw and you had to roll with PT who has more experience.  PT staying in there the entire time could’ve helped the offense gel. 

CHF gets a mulligan because of the recruiting class but it’s over next year. They HAVE to win big games to keep guys buying in and keeping guys around. 

War Eagle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woodford said:

For me, he gets an A for recruiting, A+ if he can improve his portal work and land Ryan Williams. 

1. Not preparing for NMSU and bowl game. That can’t happen going forward. You should have the relationships built for the 25 and 26 classes by now where you’re not building them mid season to such an extent. 

2. Not finishing off Alabama (and UGA to an extent, the Georgia game is a stretch but they had a chance). You had your arch rival beat and on the ropes but you couldn’t finish it because you couldn’t extend drives and put them away. That’s on the QB too but there needs to be more development during the season. Oh, and dumb mistakes like muffed punts. 

3. QB carousel. This did absolutely nothing for the team and the offense. I get he was giving RA a shot, but he should know he can’t throw and you had to roll with PT who has more experience.  PT staying in there the entire time could’ve helped the offense gel. 

CHF gets a mulligan because of the recruiting class but it’s over next year. They HAVE to win big games to keep guys buying in and keeping guys around. 

War Eagle. 

Definitely an A+ if we get RW but I still think we need a portal QB. Don’t want the talent to go to waste early on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, woodford said:

War Eagle. 

To me the entire qb room seemed to be evaluated incorrectly. If u recall he never said what made PT stand out from the rest. He was just named the starter in hopes of him settling down.  RA never got an opportunity to run the complete offense. When he was in it was primarily for running. Lastly notice how the receivers gave better effort when Hank came in. Better balls and much more decisive. They were even greeting him on the sidelines after the failed 4th down conversion