Once again Freeze says he had team unprepared.

TigerOne

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Was Georgia 60 point favorites against FSU? Those are betting odds, not necessarily who's going to win the game.

I may be wrong, but I think betting odds are based off of who the betting agencies think are going to win the game. Georgia wasn’t a 60 point favorite but they were 20 point favorites to win the game, so they were heavily favored to win and everyone was predicting them to win. We were a touchdown favorite to win the game and most I saw picked us to win the game, especially with their starting quarterback sitting out. 

2 minutes ago, Stephen66 said:

WTF is he just here to recruit then, and hands it off to someone else?

Well...I think so for this first season. I hate it but some around here are totally okay with it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well...I think so for this first season. I hate it but some around here are totally okay with it.

I don’t think anyone was expecting us to compete for the West this year, most thought 7-8 was the ceiling for this team. But I do think the product you are putting on the field is a part of the sales pitch to recruits. We were 6-7 point favorites today and many “experts” picked us to win and we looked like hot garbage. Can you name any unit on our team and say they got better from the beginning of the season to the end? Maybe I’m wrong, but I would think that’s important to recruits and their parents.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif

I was channeling cbo, wrapping criticism in lilac-perfumed k-street letterhead. 

Edited by AUx

Ridiculous…Sounds like we need a new leader of the program. Gus couldn’t recruit OL and ran a high school offense but dang it I don’t recall such deflated performance out of his teams. We’ve had some of our most embarrassing losses in our history occur just this year. This guy is passé about winning.

I get him allocating more time to recruiting but he has completely put this team and season on the back burner and heck I’m fine with that. But I’m not fine with the statement it makes to the core and culture of our program moving forward. If it okay to not care this year then it’s okay for the team to not care next year and the next, right?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I may be wrong, but I think betting odds are based off of who the betting agencies think are going to win the game. Georgia wasn’t a 60 point favorite but they were 20 point favorites to win the game, so they were heavily favored to win and everyone was predicting them to win. We were a touchdown favorite to win the game and most I saw picked us to win the game, especially with their starting quarterback sitting out. 

OSU was favored against Mizzou by 5 and lost by 11. Favorites don't always win. Maybe the oddsmakers had Alabama fever.

7 minutes ago, Stephen66 said:

WTF is he just here to recruit then, and hands it off to someone else?

Exactly. Winning football games is a second tier goal?!?! It sets a bad precedent for future years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, catvomit said:

Brother Hugh has A LOT of work to do before next season.  I give him a C- for this year.

Hopefully much better days are ahead because I sure didn't see what I expected and hoped to see this year.

You're incredibly generous. 

This was pretty much a D-

Bad execution and it’s because we have a player problem. Bad game plan and it’s because he is out recruiting. Motivation issues and it’s a culture problem now. One thing pastor freeze does well is make excuses 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

OSU was favored against Mizzou by 5 and lost by 11. Favorites don't always win. Maybe the oddsmakers had Alabama fever.

Upsets do happen, they happen every week in football. Your original statement was that there was no way we were winning that game with Thorne as our quarterback. I was simply saying that many others felt we were going to win or at the very least had a good shot at winning.

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

many “experts” picked us to win

Any experts picking Auburn to win were making their picks by throwing darts blindfolded.  In the last 3 games alone, Auburn went to Arkansas and set off a nuclear weapon, then went back home and got rolled by New Mexico State, then nearly beat a Playoff team.  If anyone can predict the 2023 Auburn Tigers with any reasonable degree of accuracy, hire that person to pick you lotto numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Bad execution and it’s because we have a player problem. Bad game plan and it’s because he is out recruiting. Motivation issues and it’s a culture problem now. One thing pastor freeze does well is make excuses 

Part of it is his congregation as well.

• Like 2

I'm kinda ok with letting this one go. Bowl games are not what they used to be...we played the UGs and Turds pretty well....the Terps are not even close to those guys. ..a head coach starts out as selling themselves to get the job,...they actually need time to find the love and motivation for the team....Money doesn't buy that!!...after time, he will get his recruits, he will find his staff..it will take a few years (+/-)....it will happen. ...

Besides, put yourselves in coaching shoes...if you had to motivate a team to come out and make a statement (choose the easy way out), would it be Auburn vrs the Terps, or the Terps vrs Auburn?  ...if your the Terps, you have a shot at the SEC  and a trophy to signify it!...if your Auburn, you have a shot at a trophy you won vrs the Terps (yawwwn).....its a way less intresting game than regular season games...

33 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

You are wrong.  

Betting odds are based on who the oddsmakers think the betting public will wager on close to a 50/50 split.  They don’t care who wins or loses or by how much.  They want the action to be evenly split so they can make their money on the vig.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

You are wrong.  

Betting odds are based on who the oddsmakers think the betting public will wager on close to a 50/50 split.  They don’t care who wins or loses or by how much.  They want the action to be evenly split so they can make their money on the vig.  

I guess that’s why I don’t bet. 😂 I always thought the team favored to win was the team, you know, favored to win. I also thought when sports heads are overwhelmingly picking a team to win then that is the team that “should” win the game.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

There is no think to it. You gave up on the team and fans. You can’t pick and choose parts of the job you do and don’t want to do. What a mistake this guy!!!!! 

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

There is no think to it. You gave up on the team and fans. You can’t pick and choose parts of the job you do and don’t want to do. What a mistake this guy!!!!! 

A good salesman can sell anything.

A real coach can coach.

right now we have a salesman.

27 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I'm kinda ok with letting this one go. Bowl games are not what they used to be...we played the UGs and Turds pretty well....the Terps are not even close to those guys. ..a head coach starts out as selling themselves to get the job,...they actually need time to find the love and motivation for the team....Money doesn't buy that!!...after time, he will get his recruits, he will find his staff..it will take a few years (+/-)....it will happen. ...

Besides, put yourselves in coaching shoes...if you had to motivate a team to come out and make a statement (choose the easy way out), would it be Auburn vrs the Terps, or the Terps vrs Auburn?  ...if your the Terps, you have a shot at the SEC  and a trophy to signify it!...if your Auburn, you have a shot at a trophy you won vrs the Terps (yawwwn).....its a way less intresting game than regular season games...

If that’s how u see it. Why not decline. U have fans that paid their hard earned money to watch this game. It’s wild for people have these type of takes and use stuff like throw away games. For some this might be the only game they get to attend and bowl game probably aren’t cheap 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

This was a bad effort. But I’m not going to draw any major conclusions from this game. It didn’t enhance my confidence in freeze, but it really didn’t hurt it either. I’d bet the coaches were so focused on recruiting that they didn’t put a lot of energy into this game. If so, I’m fine with that. This season is a wash. I’d rather build momentum for the future than worry about a meaningless bowl game in a throw away season. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m filing this one away, and just looking to see some strides forward next season.

The way forward is made of making progress. We showed the opposite of progress today. Unprepared, undisciplined, and unfocused. Do that again next year and the next coach will appreciate the fine effort recruiting. 

Thank goodness for the Miss State, Vandy, Arkansas run because every other game this season was a disappointment.  Even the Cal win felt like a loss.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

I guess that’s why I don’t bet. 😂 I always thought the team favored to win was the team, you know, favored to win. I also thought when sports heads are overwhelmingly picking a team to win then that is the team that “should” win the game.

The Auburn spread did drop before the game so if u planned or bet on Auburn that should have made u nervous 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catvomit said:

Brother Hugh has A LOT of work to do before next season.  I give him a C- for this year.

Hopefully much better days are ahead because I sure didn't see what I expected and hoped to see this year.

You must be grading on a curve. 

47 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I really hope you are not responsible for hiring anybody. That is the wrong mindset on so many levels. Also, we got trucked by NMSU in the regular season. 

• Like 1