Once again Freeze says he had team unprepared.

TigerOne

Serious warning flags

thing is with even a little focus and execution Auburn could have won the game. Turnovers, mental mistakes, lack of desire, and poor coaching make it near impossible to win.

• Like 1

So let me get this right. We love him as a recruiter, just not as head coach. Even though most would say the roster he had this year was lower tier SEC.

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

So let me get this right. We love him as a recruiter, just not as head coach. Even though most would say the roster he had this year was lower tier SEC.

No we are saying after a season he has shown evidence of being able to prepare and coach a team.

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

No we are saying after a season he has shown evidence of being able to prepare and coach a team.

I’m confused 

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

I’m confused 

Why are you confused?  A coach can be a great recruiter and a mediocre game coach. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Why are you confused?  A coach can be a great recruiter and a mediocre game coach. 

Yeah it’s not that hard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fishepa said:

I’m confused because he said Freeze has shown evidence of being able to prepare and coach a team, yet he’s complaining about him

12 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

I think a word was left out of your statement.  That’s what was causing the confusion. 

17 minutes ago, jluvah said:

I’m confused because he said Freeze has shown evidence of being able to prepare and coach a team, yet he’s complaining about him

FREEZE Has shown NO evidence…Sorry for leaving out the obvious word

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

FREEZE Has shown NO evidence…Sorry for leaving out the obvious word

Proofreading before you send/ edit is your friend, friend.

This was a bad effort. But I’m not going to draw any major conclusions from this game. It didn’t enhance my confidence in freeze, but it really didn’t hurt it either. I’d bet the coaches were so focused on recruiting that they didn’t put a lot of energy into this game. If so, I’m fine with that. This season is a wash. I’d rather build momentum for the future than worry about a meaningless bowl game in a throw away season. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m filing this one away, and just looking to see some strides forward next season.

• Like 7
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

This was a bad effort. But I’m not going to draw any major conclusions from this game. It didn’t enhance my confidence in freeze, but it really didn’t hurt it either. I’d bet the coaches were so focused on recruiting that they didn’t put a lot of energy into this game. If so, I’m fine with that. This season is a wash. I’d rather build momentum for the future than worry about a meaningless bowl game in a throw away season. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m filing this one away, and just looking to see some strides forward next season.

Barring info to the contrary, I think yours is a valid and heathily-optimistic inference. I wish I had more info to buy in more than I have.  The puzzlers and head scratchers make me much less confident that a well-constructed plan just needs to run its course. No I would not suggest yet another reset by any means. Mere atability will yield some improvement (not to mention fiscal efficiency). I just can’t reconcile what ‘seems to me’ to be a ‘write-off’ season. I guess this IS just business now. What’s to say, because of circumstances or more ‘difficulties’ that next season isn’t a write-off. Or the next. Come play for Auburn where you may be invested (and compromised professionally) in one of our write-off seasons. “Our bad. Sorry.” I don’t know because I’m just a spectator. And it doesn’t affect me emotionally (anymore) because I’m just a spectator. But I find it Auburn-bizarre

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

I get what u saying, but today was so bad, it's a cause for concern 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUx said:

Barring info to the contrary, I think yours is a valid and heathily-optimistic inference. I wish I had more info to buy in more than I have.  The puzzlers and head scratchers make me much less confident that a well-constructed plan just needs to run its course. No I would not suggest yet another reset by any means. Mere atability will yield some improvement (not to mention fiscal efficiency). I just can’t reconcile what ‘seems to me’ to be a ‘write-off’ season. I guess this IS just business now. What’s to say, because of circumstances or more ‘difficulties’ that next season isn’t a write-off. Or the next. Come play for Auburn where you may be invested (and compromised professionally) in one of our write-off seasons. “Our bad. Sorry.” I don’t know because I’m just a spectator. And it doesn’t affect me emotionally (anymore) because I’m just a spectator. But I find it Auburn-bizarre

Freeze dropped hints that this could be the case early on, and even hinted as to why. I think all of us just were so excited to be post Harsin that we all kind of ignored them. I think a tweet from Fairweather a little while ago gives even more evidence.

Freeze may have seen how weak the roster was not just from a talent standpoint, but from a player focus stand point. He decided to put the focus on building for the future because that was the only way out of the mess Harsin left. He wants to bring in his players that embrace a better culture and have better work ethic while also updating the quality of the players. If so, I think this was a throw away season. Until the Harsin recruits have departed, team culture might not fully change. So, it makes sense to focus efforts on building for the future, and it isn’t likely to happen again.

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I get what u saying, but today was so bad, it's a cause for concern 

If not spending more time on game prep for this one contributed to us getting the great class we did, does your opinion shift at all? Not saying that’s for sure what happened. Just saying we don’t know everything going on behind closed doors. I’m not endorsing Freeze after today, but I’m not panicking either.

Edited by ScotsAU

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

If not spending more time on game prep for this one contributed to us getting the great class we did, does your opinion shift at all? Not saying that’s for sure what happened. Just saying we don’t know everything going on behind closed doors. I’m not endorsing Freeze after today, but I’m not panicking either.

No what's concerning is Freeze is saying this in public.  Successful coaches can balance time and be efficient at recruiting and game planning.  Can he not do both? That's the question 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

If he feels that way. He needs to do something about it. Cut Montgomery loose. I'm beginning to wonder about Freezes ability to run a program 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If he feels that way. He needs to do something about it. Cut Montgomery loose. I'm beginning to wonder about Freezes ability to run a program 

I think he is tbh. Probably why he sat there cross armed all game. Can’t see PM staying here.

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No what's concerning is Freeze is saying this in public.  Successful coaches can balance time and be efficient at recruiting and game planning.  Can he not do both? That's the question 

Recruiting takes momentum. Teams that have talent are better able to succeed on the field, which allows cos coaches to use that as a selling point. Right now, Freeze and co. have to work extra hard to recruit the top guys. We can’t just point to our championship trophies and playoff appearances. We have to sell folks on a vision for what the future could be. It’s easier to strike that balance when you have had some success. 

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Recruiting takes momentum. Teams that have talent are better able to succeed on the field, which allows cos coaches to use that as a selling point. Right now, Freeze and co. have to work extra hard to recruit the top guys. We can’t just point to our championship trophies and playoff appearances. We have to sell folks on a vision for what the future could be. It’s easier to strike that balance when you have had some success. 

I get that. To me it's not a good look for him to say that publicly.  Doesn't come across good to the roster. Would Freeze have made that statement if AU would have lit it up on offense today. Almost seems like he is trying to get Montgomery to quit.

• Like 1