Once again Freeze says he had team unprepared.

TigerOne

On 12/30/2023 at 8:35 PM, DAG said:

Well...I think so for this first season. I hate it but some around here are totally okay with it.

He's being paid waaaay too much money to just be a recruiter 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2023 at 9:27 PM, TigerOne said:

A good salesman can sell anything.

A real coach can coach.

right now we have a salesman.

Fired a coach who coached and didn't recruit for a coach who recruits and doesn't coach.      JABA?

• Sad 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:35 PM, DAG said:

Well...I think so for this first season. I hate it but some around here are totally okay with it.

Yeah some fans make it seem like we have to choose either/or when he’s been paid millions to do both coach and recruit and if he’s struggling to do both then we have the wrong coach 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah some fans make it seem like we have to choose either/or when he’s been paid millions to do both coach and recruit and if he’s struggling to do both then we have the wrong coach 

Some fans see it for what it is and can give him time to rebuild from the ashes. If he doesn't get it going on the field next season and in 2025 I will be happy to join the "run his ass out of town" crowd. 

Some fans act like we've won 6 National Titles in 12 years. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Some fans see it for what it is and can give him time to rebuild from the ashes. If he doesn't get it going on the field next season and in 2025 I will be happy to join the "run his ass out of town" crowd. 

And some act like we’re playing with Sunbelt level talent at every position. Neither are true and Freeze underachieved his first season, to put it kindly. He’s got two more to produce results on the field. I hope he puts more effort into that side of things going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

And some act like we’re playing with Sunbelt level talent at every position. Neither are true and Freeze underachieved his first season, to put it kindly. He’s got two more to produce results on the field. I hope he puts more effort into that side of things going forward.

Not only did he underachieve, he made bafflingly elementary missteps along the way. From seriously flawed gameplans (or lack of), limited halftime adjustments (or none), poor player execution (or lack of), to the moronic QB carousel. Com'on man, I'm no coach, just a fan, and even I can see what half@ss product he's putting out there. That changes next year where we at least look like we know what we're doing or I'll firmly be on the "next" program.

• Like 3

i watched freeze at liberty and they beat some big boys. they knew what they were doing or looked like it. i think freeze took a chance and it bit him in the behind not calling the plays. but that is my opinion and nothing more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This season went about as expected, record wise. 6-6 couldn’t easily been 8-4 with an awful roster. I think next year you’ll see improvement & year 3 is when we take off. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2023 at 9:38 PM, sevenlee36 said:

Ridiculous…Sounds like we need a new leader of the program. Gus couldn’t recruit OL and ran a high school offense but dang it I don’t recall such deflated performance out of his teams. We’ve had some of our most embarrassing losses in our history occur just this year. This guy is passé about winning.

I get him allocating more time to recruiting but he has completely put this team and season on the back burner and heck I’m fine with that. But I’m not fine with the statement it makes to the core and culture of our program moving forward. If it okay to not care this year then it’s okay for the team to not care next year and the next, right?

Gus had plenty of no-shows, including almost every UGA game and a bunch of bowls like this one too. I don't like the recruiting excuse either, but Freeze has also taken some responsibility and repeatedly said he didn't do a good enough job coaching this year. We know he has some coaching acumen after out-coaching Saban in three consecutive matchups while at Ole Miss. So I think it's still a bit early to draw any extreme conclusions. I'm resolved to giving him three full seasons to show us what he's capable of doing with his own roster. 

42 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Honestly I think we are pretty close to Sun Belt talent on both lines of scrimmage right now. Our D-line is soft as it can be, especially without Harris. I know a couple of the transfer DTs were former blue-chip recruits but they can't play. 

Edited by Sani-Freeze

48 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Im Not saying run him out of town. But I just don’t like the excuses I see from some fans making it seem like you have to choose between coaching and recruiting when you’re paid to do both 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Im Not saying run him out of town. But I just don’t like the excuses I see from some fans making it seem like you have to choose between coaching and recruiting when you’re paid to do both 

It’s a perplexing argument when you have the numbers of support staff these coaches enjoy now. I’m also curious what role Caddy played in recruiting this year. I understand he’s a RB coach and we didn’t pursue many RBs, but I rarely remember recruits even mentioning his name. He needs to be unleashed on top prospects, regardless of position. Maybe he had a bigger role and I just missed it. 

Well say what you want but I know this as far as the offense and QB play this coming up season? No excuses. Not a one 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Gus had plenty of no-shows, including almost every UGA game and a bunch of bowls like this one too. I don't like the recruiting excuse either, but Freeze has also taken some responsibility and repeatedly said he didn't do a good enough job coaching this year. We know he has some coaching acumen after out-coaching Saban in three consecutive matchups while at Ole Miss. So I think it's still a bit early to draw any extreme conclusions. I'm resolved to giving him three full seasons to show us what he's capable of doing with his own roster. 

No I don’t recall any other coach producing the most embarrassing Losses in school history in the same season. Don’t think that would even be possible. And I don’t believe we should be giving him 3 years to get the culture right, I think you start that day one and not “hope for the best” 3 years later. Let’s start now and not allow it, now (better yet it should never be allowed).

Edited by sevenlee36
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

There is a big difference in struggling against UGA and getting manhandled be NMS and Maryland. Also he didn’t be Bama three consecutive times.
I wish the comparisons between Gus and CHF would stop. To me they are more different than similar. For example CHF offense is more pass heavy with routes. Gus is power run up the middle and periodic shots over the top.

15 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

No I don’t recall any other coach producing the most embarrassing Losses in school history in the same season. Don’t think that would even be possible. And I don’t believe we should be giving him 3 years to get the culture right, I think you start that day one and not “hope for the best” 3 years later. Let’s start now and not allow it, now (better yet it should never be allowed).

I think you missed my point - he has already proven that he can coach at prior stops so I'm willing to look at the NM St. game as a fluke and expect better results going forward. He tried to fill a bunch of holes with transfers and that can often create poor team chemistry (basically what Fairweather was alluding to in his comments). 

You literally said we need a new leader which I think is quite an overreaction after one year. 

I also think it's worth noting - As embarrassing as the NM St. loss was because of the name, they were a much better team than most of the ones we actually beat this year (like Ark and Vandy). We just aren't good right now. I think it will take until 25 to fix this roster. 

20 minutes ago, e808 said:

There is a big difference in struggling against UGA and getting manhandled be NMS and Maryland. Also he didn’t be Bama three consecutive times.
I wish the comparisons between Gus and CHF would stop. To me they are more different than similar. For example CHF offense is more pass heavy with routes. Gus is power run up the middle and periodic shots over the top.

I said he out-coached Saban three consecutive times - referring to Ole Miss having a handful of blue chips on the roster vs 85 for Bama. He won two of the three and came very close in the other one. 

As to the Gus reference - The other poster said Gus didn't have deflated performances and seems to have forgotten a ton of losses like Tennessee 2018 (when they hadn't won a conference game in years), UGA in 15 and 16 when they were lousy, UCF, Minnesota, etc. even in years when we had plenty of talent. 

8 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

You literally said we need a new leader which I think is quite an overreaction after one year. 

If he’s going to lead the way he has then it’s an under reaction. 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

No we’ve seen Auburn become irrelevant for years now with incompetent coaching and play on the field. Maybe we are tired of it and getting screwed by coaches.

1 hour ago, Sani-Freeze said:

We know he has some coaching acumen after out-coaching Saban in three consecutive matchups while at Ole Miss. 

He out-coached Saban in 2014 and 2015 but not any other times.

14 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I said he out-coached Saban three consecutive times - referring to Ole Miss having a handful of blue chips on the roster vs 85 for Bama. He won two of the three and came very close in the other one. 

As to the Gus reference - The other poster said Gus didn't have deflated performances and seems to have forgotten a ton of losses like Tennessee 2018 (when they hadn't won a conference game in years), UGA in 15 and 16 when they were lousy, UCF, Minnesota, etc. even in years when we had plenty of talent. 

All of those teams u names are better than NMS . U said NMS might be a fluke. They have beaten CHF two years straight. Maryland was playing with a backup QB.

If my memory is correct Tennessee had talent but lousy coaching. Don’t recall UGA being lousy. Maybe not as good as now. UCF was undefeated. Minnesota had two very good receivers and running back. Jax State was probably the closest to me but pulled it out. Either way Gus is long gone. Hoping CHF can get it together and sooner rather than later.

Edited by e808

10 minutes ago, Mondo Cane said:

He out-coached Saban in 2014 and 2015 but not any other times.

Ole Miss was unranked when they played in 2016 and came within a score of beating #2 Alabama. That is decent coaching.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, e808 said:

All of those teams u names are better than NMS . U said NMS might be a fluke. They have beaten CHF two years straight. Maryland was playing with a backup QB.

If my memory is correct Tennessee has talent but lousy coaching. Don’t recall UGA being lousy. Maybe not as good as now. UCF was undefeated. Minnesota had two very good receivers and running back. Jax State was probably the closest to me but pulled it out

Your memory is not great then - but also you are comparing results of very talented AU rosters to this one, which is apples to oranges. 

5 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Your memory is not great then - but also you are comparing results of very talented AU rosters to this one, which is apples to oranges. 

Again none of those loses compare to a G5 team coming into Auburn and completely dominating them. Then losing to Maryland without the big 10 all time leading passer Now u want to use the roster excuse. The same roster that went toe to toe with UGA and Bama. It’s a New Year and what’s done is down on to 2024

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Well say what you want but I know this as far as the offense and QB play this coming up season? No excuses. Not a one 

I believe I agree with you here. Freeze owns whoever winds up starting.