Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Freeze doesn’t know what he’s doing, how could he let Caddy go? Freeze sux

Carnell stepped down. Freeze may indeed suck, but the RBs need a refresh and different guidance. Don’t get lost in the auburn man stuff. AU needs to get the right people. Period

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Freeze doesn’t know what he’s doing, how could he let Caddy go? Freeze sux

This story’s been too hot to touch for anyone to even discuss. Its obvious theres a backstory that led to this happening.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Carnell stepped down. Freeze may indeed suck, but the RBs need a refresh and different guidance. Don’t get lost in the auburn man stuff. AU needs to get the right people. Period

Maybe we could get someone who can beat New Mexico State lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Aww man here we go again. I don’t like the way this looks. I know how Auburn fans are, when we have a new coach majority like to blindly follow the coach and always believes he has a plan in place when that’s not always the case. 

Hopefully Freeze knows what he’s doing but this ain’t a good look imo

Never a good time for news like this but if there ever was a window … 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just now, RunInRed said:

Never a good time for news like this but if there ever was a window … 

I was hoping for wednesday night

Could be more to it. But this feels like something personal to me. Like Caddy is burned out or something. Plenty of folks would hire him. But he wasn’t hired away. If he was dissatisfied with freeze or something was horribly wrong, I’d think he would’ve taken another job. Either that or Freeze is replacing him and wanted to give him the a chance to not look like he was let go.

Edited by ScotsAU

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Yellow font brother...

Apparently no one here can read exact words of posts and figure it out for themselves. 

Just exposes the dolts. It's not that subtle 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Who do I believe grrr

Both. Golf is the man. There’s nothing to have a meltdown over, but also be prepared for a little turbulence. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, passthebiscuits said:

There’s nothing to have a meltdown over, but also be prepared for a little turbulence. 

Louder for the folks in the back.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

You know, I'd really like to be happy about my football team for longer than 2 minutes. We play a great game against Arkansas, then have 2 disastrous games (different disasters, but still disasters). We have a great Signing Day, then suck in the bowl game. Saban retires, then Caddy resigns. Sheesh! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Both. Golf is the man. There’s nothing to have a meltdown over, but also be prepared for a little turbulence. 

tubulance can be quite exhausting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

So, strap in and hope you’re not sitting in the window emergency exit row on a B-737 Max.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

This. I’ll say it again. Just because you were a great player at AU doesn’t make you the right fit or a good coach. Looks ugly, it’s for the best. The RB room will get a significant upgrade. Also Caddy will land somewhere probably before 1030pm tonight lol

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Well, hopefully it doesn't keep us from being able to make the necessary progress this next season.

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Do you know something? Or are you just guessing?

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

I know that there’s something and it’s icky. I know that nobody wants to talk about it, and the one person who knows ain’t talking about it. So it likely isn’t my business. I think this was the way for caddy to save face. There will be some more. 
it’s going to be ok. I think we come out of this stronger. We’ve got to keep pulling in the same direction. 

Wtf does that even mean. Someone just say what the investigation is over

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Aww man here we go again. I don’t like the way this looks. I know how Auburn fans are, when we have a new coach majority like to blindly follow the coach and always believes he has a plan in place when that’s not always the case. 

Hopefully Freeze knows what he’s doing but this ain’t a good look imo

So far he hasn’t shown us anything on the field.

Freeze is a salesman, Coach haven’t seen it yet.

He needs to not get too comfortable at Auburn. In other words, rent don’t buy.

strange how we hardly heard a peep out of Caddy this season 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3

Best wishes to Caddy in his next position. He is a good coach. IMO he will benefit from experience in offenses beyond Auburn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

We don’t know specifics. I think if we are patient we will either hear about it or it’s none of our business. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

NUNYA is what they’re saying!