Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

7 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I know that there’s something and it’s icky. I know that nobody wants to talk about it, and the one person who knows ain’t talking about it. So it likely isn’t my business. I think this was the way for caddy to save face. There will be some more. 
it’s going to be ok. I think we come out of this stronger. We’ve got to keep pulling in the same direction. 

I'm taking this as Zac will possibly be next. 

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I know that there’s something and it’s icky. I know that nobody wants to talk about it, and the one person who knows ain’t talking about it. So it likely isn’t my business. I think this was the way for caddy to save face. There will be some more. 
it’s going to be ok. I think we come out of this stronger. We’ve got to keep pulling in the same direction. 

This won't be a (rhymes with Ken Late/rhymes with Taylor) sort of mess I hope? Guessing that's what we're trying to avoid in making these moves.

Fortunately, I don't think we'd be getting a 4* transfer OT if something like that truly were happening.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

I f*^king hate the off-season

New running backs coach at uat

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

We don’t know specifics. I think if we are patient we will either hear about it or it’s none of our business. 

I've heard rumors.  If true, hold on, there is probably another heartbreak coming. 

• Like 2

Just now, Weagle99 said:

I've heard rumors.  If true, hold on, there is probably another heartbreak coming. 

Zac

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TigerTennis80 said:

You know, I'd really like to be happy about my football team for longer than 2 minutes. We play a great game against Arkansas, then have 2 disastrous games (different disasters, but still disasters). We have a great Signing Day, then suck in the bowl game. Saban retires, then Caddy resigns. Sheesh! 

That sums it up. Yeesh, I just don't want to hear bad things about Caddy or bad things about the program that led him to quit.  I'm not ready for any more turbulence. 

• Like 1

So much for hoping for s qiet off-season outside of an OC change.  I told my kids that was all the winter would hold. I hate being wrong.

• Like 1

I understand the need for privacy. But I hate this cagey stuff. Are we supposed to not have respect for Caddy anymore? What on earth could he have done?? I’d assume it isn’t criminal or a ncaa violation because we’d definitely hear about it if it was. 

I wish I could just go back to thinking he was let go for someone better.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

If Freeze can't put together some wins next season he needs to go. 😵‍💫

Someone didn’t read any of the thread before posting.

Just now, imaolgatiger said:

Why?

Why not? Cleary he can't keep a staff together. So, if we don't win next year, who else will be to blame? The players? He sure can recruit but the on field production left much to be desired this year. But I guess we'll blame Roberts and Montgomery, and now Caddy apparently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 5
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 5

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Someone didn’t read any of the thread before posting.

I read it. All I read was a bunch of rumors and "I can't say just yet".

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Why not? Cleary he can't keep a staff together. So, if we don't win next year, who else will be to blame? The players? He sure can recruit but the on field production left much to be desired this year. But I guess we'll blame Roberts and Montgomery, and now Caddy apparently.

Reading between the lines, these could be two (or three, or four) different issues.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

I understand you now!👀

• Like 1

From what folks in the know have been saying, I think I’ve figured out what the alleged issue is... If I’m right, I can understand why he had to go. I can also understand why it doesn’t need to be revealed if it is true.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, strap in and hope you’re not sitting in the window emergency exit row on a B-737 Max.

You want the window seat?

It’s a shame the PTB let Freeze run Cadillac out of town because he wants to bring in one of his Liberty boys or he jealous because Cadillac is so popular with the Auburn fan base. Hope he doesn’t wind up at uat as an assistant coach

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 7
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Auburn761345163036 said:

It’s a shame the PTB let Freeze run Cadillac out of town because he wants to bring in one of his Liberty boys or he jealous because Cadillac is so popular with the Auburn fan base. Hope he doesn’t wind up at uat as an assistant coach

Good grief folks. Read what’s already been posted before throwing up a gut instinct response. 

From folks in the know, this had nothing to do with Freeze and Caddy’s relationship.

• Thanks 4

Just now, Auburn761345163036 said:

not what happened

• Thanks 2

I imagine Carnell would like to be an Offensive Coordinator soon. This may be influencing his decision. I’m reminded of when Dameyune Craig left.