Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

I'm not trying to pile on here. But I've never had anyone call me a troll before. 

You disliked Freeze so much when he was hired that you "had a full mental breakdown." But when someone has similar beliefs a year later and tells you why some people don't like Freeze, you assume they must be a rival fan? All because of the way he's embraced the Auburn culture?

This is a stupid argument. I’m not getting into it. If you aren’t a troll, you are giving off the impression of exactly what dual was talking about… someone who has it out for freeze. If you are neither if those things, you might need to think more carefully of how you are posting because that’s how you’re coming across on every post that is visible on your profile. But going back and forth like this is pointless, and I’m done engaging with you. If you are a troll, go away. If you are disgruntled with freeze, reconsider your priorities as an Auburn fan should support Auburn. If you are neither, reconsider the image you are giving off in your posts. ✌️

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

This is a stupid argument. I’m not getting into it. If you aren’t a troll, you are giving off the impression of exactly what dual was talking about… someone who has it out for freeze. If you are neither if those things, you might need to think more carefully of how you are posting because that’s how you’re coming across on every post that is visible on your profile. 

You got me. I'm a troll. 

I joined this site in 2008. Donated money, posted 4,000 times and have a 7.5 K reputation. All of this is at the very top of the profile you keep talking about. 

I did it all for this moment. When I could troll you with a minor disagreement. 

For the record, my comments weren't all negative on my profile before this stupid argument. But I do not like Freeze. I like Auburn. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's also not asking that much out of Freeze to match the general makeup of what an Auburn man presents as. Won't go to deep into that as it'll be alot more contentious than I care to deal with tomorrow, but Hugh had the look and said the same type of things that he's been saying since he got here. He's been had, when he was doing the stuff he did at that high school he came from, Ole Miss, Liberty, etc....it's not particularly hard to say or look like you're doing the right thing (or the "Auburn" thing) 

I think I know exactly what you mean. 

And I will add that fans are easily swayed by a HC that comes in and says the obvious, "right" things. They want to like the guy already because they like AU football. If people would just admit that instead of acting like Freeze is suddenly a saint or bristling at the idea that some people don't like him, many arguments on this board would be avoided. 

• Like 4

I can't fault Auburn or Freeze and boy did I want to The rumors I've read leave me disappointed. People are all fallible and deserve second chances but consequences for those actions must be paid. 

I'd like to point out that the majority of prior players move past their playing and coaching years without any issues. Much like anything else, the outliers garner the most attention.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I can't fault Auburn or Freeze and boy did I want to The rumors I've read leave me disappointed. People are all fallible and deserve second chances but consequences for those actions must be paid. 

I'd like to point out that the majority of prior players move past their playing and coaching years without any issues. Much like anything else, the outliers garner the most attention.

That second part is why you don't see many guys come back into football, or at least not for their same school. I think I'd be lying if I didn't think there's a certain pedestal that Caddy, or Trovon, or Etheridge operate on that other, foreign, coaches don't operate with. Pro and a con. They don't get the same love that the alumni coaches do. But they typically don't have to operate with that even higher set of expectations, as humans. Not saying they can just be greaseballs, but there are going to be people that are actually hurt emotionally, if this Caddy story has as much juice as everyone with bated breath is insinuating it does. Jeremy Garrett, Jake Thornton, these random dudes on this staff from Liberty don't have to deal with that as a real possibility - they'd just be thought of as some randoms that can get the boot if they're truly moving in a nasty manner. There'd be no real moral ambiguity

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

That second part is why you don't see many guys come back into football, or at least not for their same school. I think I'd be lying if I didn't think there's a certain pedestal that Caddy, or Trovon, or Etheridge operate on that other, foreign, coaches don't operate with. Pro and a con. They don't get the same love that the alumni coaches do. But they typically don't have to operate with that even higher set of expectations, as humans. Not saying they can just be greaseballs, but there are going to be people that are actually hurt emotionally, if this Caddy story has as much juice as everyone with bated breath is insinuating it does. Jeremy Garrett, Jake Thornton, these random dudes on this staff from Liberty don't have to deal with that as a real possibility - they'd just be thought of as some randoms that can get the boot if they're truly moving in a nasty manner. There'd be no real moral ambiguity

I'd say past players are held to a higher standard as they have a legacy they should protect. I get what you are saying about random coaches but I do like to see past coaches succeed unless it is against Auburn. I was happy to see Trooper Taylor's win as Duke's interim head coach. I am happy that Curtis Luper has found success as Missouri's RB coach. 

Which brings it full circle. Trooper Taylor at TAMU will be a problem and I hope whoever Auburn gets(Derrick Nix) is ready for the challenge. I would have felt comfortable with Caddy as the RB coach. I do not know Nix well enough to feel comfortable. Even though I have read here that he would do better than Caddy. 

Death, taxes, and assistant coaches move on. Caddy will be back at some point, mutual admiration. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

I f*^king hate the off-season

You should make this into a t-shirt

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

So can we please bring in the OC and DC hires now? What's the holdup?

Maybe someone is still coaching?

Maybe there wasn't room for one of them until recently? 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I will say that Auburn is leaving Freeze out to dry if Ethridge and Caddy are forced out and we're just left with their exit monologues as "official" correspondence.  He isn't likeable already and just had an abominable season, don't know if it's the greatest thing to invite MORE criticism. 

Meh...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So. This decision on Caddy went above Freezes head? He didn't make the call for Caddy to resign? Can someone confirm or debunk?

Correct 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Caddy’s statement is all that’s released, then it says just about all that needs to be said, no? If there was some sort of tomfoolery afoot, the university damn sure isn’t gonna expound on a resignation with an explanation. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If Caddy’s statement is all that’s released, then it says just about all that needs to be said, no? If there was some sort of tomfoolery afoot, the university damn sure isn’t gonna expound on a resignation with an explanation. 

Logical conclusions are not appreciated by many.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigermike said:

Logical conclusions are not appreciated by many.

This situation has created a lot of cognitive dissonance. A beloved player, a highly thought of coach and ambassador, and a abrupt resignation with little to no explanation.  It doesn't make sense--its illogical and highly emotional. You can't rationalize the irrational.  Logic will have a hard time taking hold here.  

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No, I wish someone would  tell us

They have! Apparently they both(if Zac is involved?) FUFO they did something that they shouldn’t have!

Edited by imaolgatiger

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This situation has created a lot of cognitive dissonance. A beloved player, a highly thought of coach and ambassador, and a abrupt resignation with little to no explanation.  It doesn't make sense--its illogical and highly emotional. You can't rationalize the irrational.  Logic will have a hard time taking hold here.  

Which is unfair to the parties [ Freeze] who is left here to clean up the mess and be ridiculed for the outcome.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Which is unfair to the parties [ Freeze] who is left here to clean up the mess and be ridiculed for the outcome.  

Only because there are a bunch of malcontent morons in our fan base. The people in the know are subtly telling everyone this doesn’t look good for those involved, but some want to blame CHF and it was a University issue that he couldn’t control, 

• Like 1

I don’t claim to have any information about why he would leave but this just makes me sick.  I hope he had a fantastic offer from somewhere that he couldn’t refuse.  This is like Aubie resigning.

Edited by weagl1
  • Like 1