Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

4 hours ago, cbo said:

You got me. I'm a troll. 

I joined this site in 2008. Donated money, posted 4,000 times and have a 7.5 K reputation. All of this is at the very top of the profile you keep talking about. 

I did it all for this moment. When I could troll you with a minor disagreement. 

For the record, my comments weren't all negative on my profile before this stupid argument. But I do not like Freeze. I like Auburn. 

Wait, you’re like the Ray Finkle of the forum?!

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

No, I wish someone would  tell us

The War Rapport put out a video last night and they make some good points.

Basically, it sounds like Caddy wants to move up from a positions coach into an OC (actual playcaller), then head coach at some point.

Since Freeze said he'd be calling the plays next year, that doesn't really leave any room for Caddy to move up at Auburn for a while. And it makes sense that Freeze isn't going to take a chance on an experimental/unproven guy at this point. He can't really afford to do that. 

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

This situation has created a lot of cognitive dissonance. A beloved player, a highly thought of coach and ambassador, and a abrupt resignation with little to no explanation.  It doesn't make sense--its illogical and highly emotional. You can't rationalize the irrational.  Logic will have a hard time taking hold here.  

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

IMG_3960.jpeg

Well, besides the forums here for the past week or so, it's a surprise. :lol: 

Actually pretty classy of Freeze if details into this don't leak. He's gotta know that no matter the reason for it or it even being a decision over his head... some people are just gonna give him hell cause Caddy was so well liked. 

Lotta dudes would know that was gonna happen and leak info on the why to cut down on their own negative press. Nice that HF hasn't.

Hope whatever it is that happened with Caddy gets fixed, wishing him the best. :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Could be more to it. But this feels like something personal to me. Like Caddy is burned out or something. Plenty of folks would hire him. But he wasn’t hired away. If he was dissatisfied with freeze or something was horribly wrong, I’d think he would’ve taken another job. Either that or Freeze is replacing him and wanted to give him the a chance to not look like he was let go.

or, or maybe he just wants to leave. Ever think of that? 

27 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

The War Rapport put out a video last night and they make some good points.

Basically, it sounds like Caddy wants to move up from a positions coach into an OC (actual playcaller), then head coach at some point.

Since Freeze said he'd be calling the plays next year, that doesn't really leave any room for Caddy to move up at Auburn for a while. And it makes sense that Freeze isn't going to take a chance on an experimental/unproven guy at this point. He can't really afford to do that. 

Sounds like it's more to it than that

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Zamps1976 said:

Love caddy but honestly not the best coach . Running back room has under performed during his time .

Dude, you are smoking crack! Who held the team together when Harsin left? Did you see how the entire Auburn family came together behind Caddy and looked like a better coached team? Somethings should be thought but never spoken.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I don’t claim to have any information about why he would leave but this just makes me sick.  I hope he had a fantastic offer from somewhere that he couldn’t refuse.  This is like Aubie resigning.

Based off the cryptic messages and his statement this has nothing to do with performance or finding another job. It seems they are allowing him to leave gracefully. If I am reading the tea leaves correctly 

10 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Dude, you are smoking crack! Who held the team together when Harsin left? Did you see how the entire Auburn family came together behind Caddy and looked like a better coached team? Somethings should be thought but never spoken.

When was the last 1000 yard rusher ?

5 minutes ago, Zamps1976 said:

With what oline or competent play calling. The team had a lot of deficiencies and u use a 1000 yard rusher as an argument . I believe Tank would have broken the 1k mark had Caddy been coaching one game sooner. Also u might have a lead back but he doesn’t get run religiously like Gus days. More backs have been involved as of late.

Edited by e808

40 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Gotta make room for the Freeze disciples 

Give it a rest. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Thank you. Our fans are weird. He resigns for some reason other than poor performance as a coach and now he sucks as a coach according to some folks in this thread. 

I’m not going to say negative things about the man but would like to add an observation on my part.   People on here like to talk about coaching (good or bad) and players (good or bad).  They say things like don’t talk about the players because they are just kids….it’s poor coaching.    
Then someone makes a statement about “well, he wasn’t that great of a coach “.   Then people get upset about someone making that statement.   I say all this to bring up one particular play that totally brings all this into question.   
it’s the play in the Alabama game three seasons ago when Tank ran out of bounds stopping the clock.   Was that poor coaching or just not smart play by the running back?

• Like 1

Takeaway from what little I’ve learned this morning. 
This sucks no matter why he is leaving. 
Sounds like this is more than him wanting to go somewhere else and Freeze wanting his guys. 
The ptb seem to be actually handling this so far pretty good. 
War Eagle. It’s Auburn. Gotta embrace the drama 

4 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Takeaway from what little I’ve learned this morning. 
This sucks no matter why he is leaving. 
Sounds like this is more than him wanting to go somewhere else and Freeze wanting his guys. 
The ptb seem to be actually handling this so far pretty good. 
War Eagle. It’s Auburn. Gotta embrace the drama 

When people are involved, going to have drama, especially when so much money is involved.

You don't resign from an 800k job with a buyout gor nothing. Hopefully it's not too big of a deal and he can be fine in his career and life. Hate it for him, he was one of my favorite all time guys and essentially my entire college career.

Guy loves Auburn. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

You don't resign from an 800k job with a buyout gor nothing. Hopefully it's not too big of a deal and he can be fine in his career and life. Hate it for him, he was one of my favorite all time guys and essentially my entire college career.

Guy loves Auburn. 

We don't know that. He may have a severance pkg of some sort. I guess it would depend on the indiscretion,  assuming there was one 

36 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Simply brilliant

And yet people continue to frustrate themselves 

• Haha 1

i wish caddy the absolute best.i will not lower myself to trash him. people are human and life happens. the love caddy has for auburn is enough for me.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So. This decision on Caddy went above Freezes head? He didn't make the call for Caddy to resign? Can someone confirm or debunk?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Correct 

Should we be concerned that the decision as not made by the head coach?  Is there micro-management or booster meddling going on behind the scenes?

9 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Should we be concerned that the decision as not made by the head coach?  Is there micro-management or booster meddling going on behind the scenes?

No.  This isn't meddling boosters.  Ultimately the athletic department answers to the university administration.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Zamps1976 said:

When was the last time Auburn had an offensive line?  Tank was averaging his first contact 4 yards behind the line of scrimmage.  Hunter would have hit it this year if he didn’t miss the first couple games.

• Like 2