Coach Caddy Resigns

RunInRed

Just now, gulftiger66 said:

I imagine Carnell would like to be an Offensive Coordinator soon. This may be influencing his decision. I’m reminded of when Dameyune Craig left. 

Not what happened. Read the first few pages. You’ll get a cagey answer. But I’m short it seems like caddy did something fireable and was allowed to just resign. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Not what happened. Read the first few pages. You’ll get a cagey answer. But I’m short it seems like caddy did something fireable and was allowed to just resign. 

Reading the tea leaves…the Caddy was caught in a compromising situation that wasn’t criminal but unethical and Freeze needed him gone. That’s a stab in the dark.

Just now, tigeraddikt said:

Reading the tea leaves…the Caddy was caught in a compromising situation that wasn’t criminal but unethical and Freeze needed him gone. That’s a stab in the dark.

It was a personal matter and it wasn't up to Freeze.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yep. That’s what I’m guessing as well, except I have a feeling it went over freeze’s head.

Edited by ScotsAU

Yeah reading from his statement sounds like something has come to light without giving to much information and he needs to do the right thing .

• Like 1

For what it is worth, I would like to point out something that I just realized from the statement. He thanked Malzahn and Freeze. No mention of Harsin. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ScotsAU said:

For what it is worth, I would like to point out something that I just realized from the statement. He thanked Malzahn and Freeze. No mention of Harsin. 

DUH DUH DUHHHHH the plot slightly thickens. Jk good catch. 

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It was a personal matter and it wasn't up to Freeze.

Does that mean Zac is off the hook?   Or did they both have the same personal matter.  2 different matters simultaneously? unrelated?

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Louder for the folks in the back.

You left out Golf is the man I sure it was just a mistake 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

I just find it weird to say the running backs have underperformed. How are they supposed to run when the oline is still not up to par. When the line blocks the running backs were fine IMO

Edited by e808
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Does that mean Zac is off the hook?   Or did they both have the same personal matter.  2 different matters simultaneously? unrelated?

I don't think it's the exact same but there's some adjacency at least.  Zac isn't off the hook.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The cryptic posts are on Twitter are just insufferable. Terrible stuff

Probably the most likeable coach Auburn has had in my lifetime, wish him the best. 

This. He’s from my home town. Wish him the very best as well.

• Like 1

Everyone has flaws, including the ones we look up to (and ourselves). If a coach or coaches did something (or somethings, could be different) that could reflect badly on Auburn University, then this needs to be addressed. Character matters, whether public or personal. I have no internal information, but sometimes the smoke is clear.

//taking out my a** on any smoke, PURE speculation without casting dispersions

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I want to say what’s going on and I tried earlier and I think it was taken down so I’ll hide in the corner..

“The truth always comes out in the end, no matter how hard anyone tries to hide it or stop it. Lies are just a temporary delay to the inevitable.”

• Like 1

I will say that Auburn is leaving Freeze out to dry if Ethridge and Caddy are forced out and we're just left with their exit monologues as "official" correspondence.  He isn't likeable already and just had an abominable season, don't know if it's the greatest thing to invite MORE criticism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Apparently Caddy went from Auburn hero to liability in record time. Zac is probably next. 

Maybe it is warranted. I'm not saying I know the details but be wary of those who act like they do. 

We saw assistant coaches get thrown under the bus with Harsin, who was defended at all costs until it was obvious he couldn't win games.

We've heard a ton about the new alignment at Auburn. Clearly doesn't apply to the coaching staff, but it does seem like reporters and others are all sharing the company line anytime something goes wrong. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I will say that Auburn is leaving Freeze out to dry if Ethridge and Caddy are forced out and we're just left with their exit monologues as "official" correspondence.  He isn't likeable already and just had an abominable season, don't know if it's the greatest thing to invite MORE criticism. 

Who feels this way? Aside from a few dum dums, I’ve not seen this anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

We saw assistant coaches get thrown under the bus with Harsin, who was defended at all costs until it was obvious he couldn't win games.

That's not what's happening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Who feels this way? Aside from a few dum dums, I’ve not seen this anywhere. 

Surely you know what he meant. Lots of AU fans objected to the hiring of Freeze, due to his past character issues. 

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

Surely you know what he meant. Lots of AU fans objected to the hiring of Freeze, due to his past character issues. 

Yes. I was one of them. But he’s kept his nose clean, and because of that most folks have moved on.

• Like 4

Just now, ScotsAU said:

Yes. I was one of them. But he’s kept his nose clean, and because of that most folks have moved on.

Well, that's why a lot of people don't care for him as a person. 

Honestly, we have no idea if he's kept his nose clean.