Auburn Hires Derrick Nix as OC

W.E.D

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Phew, glad to get this done with. Seems like a big upgrade. Combine with getting Kite and it's been a damn good week!

IMG_6707.gif

39 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

You know something here? Whatchu talking bout Willis?!?

Antonio Kite is coming to a defensive backfield near you.  

• Thanks 2

1) I love that Nix grew up an Auburn fan

2) Like is SEC experience 

3) With Ole Miss playing at a historical level and Auburn in a total rebuild it speaks volumes that Nix would come to Auburn. 

4) I appreciate Lane’s funny tweets. As long as he is not bashing us I’m entertained. I think he wanted the Auburn job , but his family loved where they were living and did not want to move. He got a tremendous raise to make his current situation more tolerable. 

I like the hire. Much better than falling back on Austin as OC. Nix has been part of some very good offenses lately and hopefully that rubs off. 

More than anything, I'm glad Freeze has his guys. He's going all in on himself and that's how it should be. It didn't work with Harsin but nothing would have worked with Harsin. There are no more excuses about the staff, so here we go. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

IMHO Nix is an incredible talent. Unlike our last 5 OCs, he's also unlikely to sit back and contemplate his belly button (Bobo, Kiessau, Morris) or suffer paralysis by analysis for fear of overstepping his HCs offensive reputation (Montgomery, Lashlee).

They are all great until we fail to score more than 6 points in a game. 

• Haha 2

This is the year. Derrick Nix will improve this new offense so much. He's focused. He'll have fun. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a dark horse for coordinator of the year.

• Haha 4
  • Angry 1

13 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

He just couldn’t stay away from that second paragraph, could he? 😂

Kiffin took a shot at us on that last paragraph as well. The national media has recognized our current WR class as possibly being the best in the country so Lane had to take a shot at us by saying Ole Miss has the best WR room in the nation.

Lane Kiffin may be a great play caller but he has the maturity of a 12 year old kid. For awhile, it seemed Lane may have turned a corner but with the way he treated this entire situation of us hiring Coach Nix, it shows me that Lane is still the same immature and childish ass he has always been.

I like this hire alot and I think we upgraded our coaching and recruiting by adding Coach Nix.

Lane acts like a juvenile, and he knows Hugh can’t respond so he takes his shots in a public forum with childish antics.

• Like 1