Greedflation

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Oh, and your medical opinion is? :rolleyes:

Yes. In fact I have a medical background specific to geriatric patients, and frequently consult with Neurologist and Psychiatrist who treat said patients. And have worked in that arena for many years. Thanks for asking. If Auburn tried to hire an 80 year old football coach with obvious cognitive decline, the push back would be immense from fans and boosters. I apply a much higher threshold for someone running for POTUS. 

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

There’s what’s ideal and what we’ll likely get. The choice is always between flawed candidates.

Agreed. And by making those decisions now the Dems would have 9-10 months to campaign like fiends and prepare to defeat Trump. My fear is the senior moments accelerate into the summer and Biden has to withdraw anyway, but with no time to pivot and win. 

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes. In fact I have a medical background specific to geriatric patients, and frequently consult with Neurologist and Psychiatrist who treat said patients. And have worked in that arena for many years. Thanks for asking. If Auburn tried to hire an 80 year old football coach with obvious cognitive decline, the push back would be immense from fans and boosters. I apply a much higher threshold for someone running for POTUS. 

And how many minutes have you spent examining President Biden?

Edited by homersapien

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And how many minutes have you spent examining President Biden?

How many have you spent examining him? And how many MMSE’s have you administered and scored for geriatric patients?

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

John Bolton and other members of Trump's own administration believe that would have certainly happened.  Foreign leaders laugh at Trump and his self loving nonsense.

Why didn’t the US engage in any conflicts during Trump’s time in office if he was so bad.  You would think foreign leaders would walk all over him like they have done Biden if they laugh at him.

27 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

How many have you spent examining him? And how many MMSE’s have you administered and scored for geriatric patients?

I have spent the exact same amount of time with Biden as you have - zero.

But I do have quite a lot of experience in caring for my mother-in-law who had dementia and lived with us for several years.  I have additional experience and exposure to dementia patients in a "memory care" facility.  And at age 72 I have actually taken more MMSE's as part of my own ongoing  primary medical care than I have administered, which is none.  (Thanks for asking.) 

No doubt Biden has taken many more than I have, in his regular medical check-ups. 

FWIW, I also have a 93 year-old mother who is just as sharp cognitively as she ever was.  Advanced age does not necessarily equate to dementia.

So in my opinion, Biden does not have dementia.  Bottom line, your opinion that Biden has dementia is no more than that - an opinion.  And it has no more value than mine. 

Meanwhile, I'll judge Biden on his performance and accomplishments as POTUS and compare him to his opponent this November.  That makes for a pretty easy decision.

Edited by homersapien

59 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. And by making those decisions now the Dems would have 9-10 months to campaign like fiends and prepare to defeat Trump. My fear is the senior moments accelerate into the summer and Biden has to withdraw anyway, but with no time to pivot and win. 

Do I think Biden’s lost a step? Probably. Have I seen evidence that convinces me he has dementia? Not remotely. Processing speed may have slowed and a few other things, perhaps, but do I think his decision making is impaired? Not that I’ve seen. Judgment diminished? Seems like same old Joe to me. Would I prefer many of the bozos in Congress whose brains are firing as stupidly as always, but undiminished? Vivek?— his brain fires pretty quickly. Or misfires quickly. 

My preference? Andy Bashear. New generation of democrat thriving in a red state. But do we get him if Joe drops out? Unlikely.

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

FWIW, I also have a 93 year-old mother who is just as sharp cognitively as she ever was.  Advanced age does not necessarily equate to dementia.

I’m very happy to hear about your mom’s good health. Likewise, my father in law is 97 and as sharp as any 40 year old. So we agree that age doesn’t always equate to impairment and I have no prejudice there. 

39 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So in my opinion, Biden does not have dementia.  Bottom line, your opinion that Biden has dementia is no more than that - an opinion.  And it has no more value than mine. 

Yes, our opinions differ on this issue. But beyond you and I there is a growing (in my opinion) consensus that Biden is declining. FWIW, the same was said about Reagan prior to his second term and we learned after the fact that he was in early stage Alzheimer’s during his second term. So there is precedent for the concern in my opinion.

42 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I have spent the exact same amount of time with Biden as you have - zero

Yes. I also have never spent any personal time with DJT, but I’m very convinced he is a Narcissist. Chances are you agree with me on that diagnosis. Sometimes there are traits and behaviors that provide substantial evidence of a condition without a comprehensive exam. 

I appreciate this interaction and dialogue. And I hope you’re right about our President’s current health. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Honestly, I don't believe that Jill Biden would allow her husband to run for another term if he had dementia.  Without regard to politics, she is undoubtedly a decent person and has been a devoted wife for decades.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Honestly, I don't believe that Jill Biden would allow her husband to run for another term if he had dementia.  Without regard to politics, she is undoubtedly a decent person and has been a devoted wife for decades.

So you have spent personal time with Jill Biden huh? I am amazed with Trump and Biden. Hard to believe the portrayed energy levels considering their age.

We have a Doctors letter proving Trump as extraordinary. Joe as POTUS, even if he is being “handled”, requires exerting a tremendous amount of energy.

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why didn’t the US engage in any conflicts during Trump’s time in office if he was so bad.  You would think foreign leaders would walk all over him like they have done Biden if they laugh at him.

If you were Putin, and the President of the most powerful country in the world was basically giving you a blowjob while you're steadily infiltrating Ukraine and its government, why would you do anything to stop it?

Trump was actively undermining NATO, which is exactly what Putin wanted. Trump was doing Putin's work for him. Putin invaded after Biden was elected because he knew there was going to be a push to admit Ukraine into NATO and he had to act before that got any momentum.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

If you were Putin, and the President of the most powerful country in the world was basically giving you a blowjob while you're steadily infiltrating Ukraine and its government, why would you do anything to stop it?

Trump was actively undermining NATO, which is exactly what Putin wanted. Trump was doing Putin's work for him. Putin invaded after Biden was elected because he knew there was going to be a push to admit Ukraine into NATO and he had to act before that got any momentum.

So Obama was giving Putin a blow job as he was invading Crimea? Your analysis is laughable. Try again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

So you have spent personal time with Jill Biden huh? I am amazed with Trump and Biden. Hard to believe the portrayed energy levels considering their age.

We have a Doctors letter proving Trump as extraordinary. Joe as POTUS, even if he is being “handled”, requires exerting a tremendous amount of energy.

No, of course I haven't spent time with her.  However, I have spent a lot of time with people from all walks of life.  To believe that she would sit by and say nothing defies common sense and assumes the absolute worst in people.

17 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

So Obama was giving Putin a blow job as he was invading Crimea? Your analysis is laughable. Try again.

Are you even capable of making a coherent argument? I'm talking about what Trump did and Biden is doing. If you want to discuss what happened during the Obama administration, go talk to someone else. 

13 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Are you even capable of making a coherent argument? I'm talking about what Trump did and Biden is doing. If you want to discuss what happened during the Obama administration, go talk to someone else. 

You said Trump was giving Putin a blowjob while he was infiltrating Ukraine.  Who was president when he infiltrated Crimea? Obama. And Biden was the VP and in charge of an Ukraine policy at the same time.  Sorry I know you don’t want to talk about it. You picked the wrong tree to piss on.

14 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You said Trump was giving Putin a blowjob while he was infiltrating Ukraine.  Who was president when he infiltrated Crimea? Obama. And Biden was the VP and in charge of an Ukraine policy at the same time.  Sorry I know you don’t want to talk about it. You picked the wrong tree to piss on.

And Trump then embraced him instead of condemning and isolating him. Brilliant, right?

You will not see me defend the lazy stance we had toward Russia at that time, but don't act like everyone else didn't learn anything from it. The US and the majority of the world have condemned the annexation, and do not recognize it. Trump consistently praised and admired Putin, and helped his standing on the world stage. Go ahead and keep fawning over him.

It's not that I wouldn't talk about it in general, it's that I don't enjoy talking to you. It's useless debating a person who thinks all Democrats are literally evil and the Earth is only 6,000 years old. I'd get more benefit discussing Paleontology with a Cocker Spaniel.

6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

And Trump then embraced him instead of condemning and isolating him. Brilliant, right?

You will not see me defend the lazy stance we had toward Russia at that time, but don't act like everyone else didn't learn anything from it. The US and the majority of the world have condemned the annexation, and do not recognize it. Trump consistently praised and admired Putin, and helped his standing on the world stage. Go ahead and keep fawning over him.

It's not that I wouldn't talk about it in general, it's that I don't enjoy talking to you. It's useless debating a person who thinks all Democrats are literally evil and the Earth is only 6,000 years old. I'd get more benefit discussing Paleontology with a Cocker Spaniel.

You mean the annexation of Crimea? Or Ukraine? Something that occurred under Obama/Biden and Biden. I guess in some world a ”lazy” stance is the same as fear. Trump did not consistently praise and admire Putin. He said he is a strong leader. You don’t rise thru the KGB to president of Russia without that. That is just a fact and it’s truth. I understand you don’t like truth because it makes you accountable. That’s why the democrats spend so much time and effort twisting it. He called Putin smart. Not nice, or sweet, or generous. Again truth.  Trump has not helped Putin gain standing on the world stage. Putin has been there a long time. Biden can’t even find the stage, and if someone leads him there, he can’t find the way back off the stage.  It’s not ALL democrats.  Weak attempt at the absolute “all” qualifier. Hint for you: Dogs can have the IQ of a four year old. Try your schtick on somebody else. Personal attacks on me show more weakness. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Trump says he's pleased by Putin's praise: 'I like that he said that'

Russian President Vladimir Putin recently said he was "happy" to hear Trump's promise to "resolve all burning issues within several days" — including the war in Ukraine.

Former President Donald Trump said Thursday that he appreciated recent praise from Russian leader Vladimir Putin. In an exclusive interview with NBC “Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker, Trump said it meant "what I'm saying is right," referring to his positions on the war in Ukraine.

Trump readily claimed in the interview that if re-elected president, he would resolve the war within 24 hours, though he provided few details about how he would end a conflict that has dragged on for more than 18 months. The former president has asserted several times that he could quickly end the war.....

.....Putin, Russia's longtime leader, said at the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia, last week that he had heard "that Mr. Trump says he will resolve all burning issues within several days, including the Ukrainian crisis. We cannot help but feel happy about it."

Trump said he was pleased by Putin's comments.

"I like that he said that," he told Welker. "Because that means what I’m saying is right. I would get him into a room. I’d get Zelenskyy into a room. Then I’d bring them together. And I’d have a deal worked out."

---------------------------------------

1) So, JJ, how do you suppose Trump plans to end the war in Ukraine in "24 hour" without simply allowing Putin to prevail?

2) How do you explain Putin's reaction?

Forget Obama. His mistakes are history.  We are talking about what happens in 2025. 

3) Are you in favor of what amounts to capitulation to Putin in Ukraine?

4) Should we turn our backs on an aspiring democracy who wants to join the European Union and support an autocracy like Putin's Russia?

5) How is that in our long term interest?

Edited by homersapien

23 hours ago, homersapien said:

How about this?

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/biden-tax-proposals-would-correct-inequities-created-by-trump-tax-cuts-and-raise-additional-revenues/

Biden Tax Proposals Would Correct Inequities Created by Trump Tax Cuts and Raise Additional Revenues

President Biden’s fiscal year 2024 tax proposal would impose new taxes on unearned income, while improving the child tax credit.

"Key members of the new U.S. House of Representatives Republican majority have announced their intention to permanently extend the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA),1 which the Republican-controlled Congress enacted in 2017. Signed into law by then-President Donald Trump, the TCJA slashed taxes for corporations and the wealthy and on the estates the wealthy pass on to their heirs. The law permanently cut the corporate tax rate and changed the way the United States imposes taxes on multinational corporations. It also included a temporary reduction in personal income tax rates along with other personal income tax changes that expire at the end of 2025.2 Overall, the measure was projected to increase the federal deficit by about $1.9 trillion over 10 years, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.3 The wealthiest 5 percent of households received nearly half—42.6 percent—of the Trump tax cuts, with the top 0.1 percent receiving an average tax cut of $193,380 in 2018.4".........

Let me type this slower for you...proposals are actually nothing. For it to mean ANYTHING they have to be passed and enacted. 

So, even in your own words: BIDEN HAS YET TO DO ANYTHING. 

Congrtulations, you gave yet again another "Landslide of Meaningless Words."

Thanks for playing.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Let me type this slower for you...proposals are actually nothing. For it to mean ANYTHING they have to be passed and enacted. 

So, even in your own words: BIDEN HAS YET TO DO ANYTHING. 

Congrtulations, you gave yet again another "Landslide of Meaningless Words."

Thanks for playing.

Then it sounds like your argument is actually with congress, who are the ones responsible for passing tax legislation, which is apparently news to you.

Or are you really saying you'd prefer an authoritarian president and eliminate congress all together?

When Biden inevitably vetoes the bill reinstated Trump's tax policy - as his own proposal suggests - will that count as "doing something"?

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump says he's pleased by Putin's praise: 'I like that he said that'

Russian President Vladimir Putin recently said he was "happy" to hear Trump's promise to "resolve all burning issues within several days" — including the war in Ukraine.

Former President Donald Trump said Thursday that he appreciated recent praise from Russian leader Vladimir Putin. In an exclusive interview with NBC “Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker, Trump said it meant "what I'm saying is right," referring to his positions on the war in Ukraine.

Trump readily claimed in the interview that if re-elected president, he would resolve the war within 24 hours, though he provided few details about how he would end a conflict that has dragged on for more than 18 months. The former president has asserted several times that he could quickly end the war.....

.....Putin, Russia's longtime leader, said at the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia, last week that he had heard "that Mr. Trump says he will resolve all burning issues within several days, including the Ukrainian crisis. We cannot help but feel happy about it."

Trump said he was pleased by Putin's comments.

"I like that he said that," he told Welker. "Because that means what I’m saying is right. I would get him into a room. I’d get Zelenskyy into a room. Then I’d bring them together. And I’d have a deal worked out."

---------------------------------------

1) So, JJ, how do you suppose Trump plans to end the war in Ukraine in "24 hour" without simply allowing Putin to prevail?

2) How do you explain Putin's reaction?

Forget Obama. His mistakes are history.  We are talking about what happens in 2025. 

3) Are you in favor of what amounts to capitulation to Putin in Ukraine?

4) Should we turn our backs on an aspiring democracy who wants to join the European Union and support an autocracy like Putin's Russia?

5) How is that in our long term interest?

1) Inform Putin he has 48 hours to leave Ukraine with every piece of hardware he has. If Putin fails, trumps shuts down their economy with banking sanctions and shipping. And means it. Take action on one aspect immediately to show he means business.

2) Putin is playing you like the rubes you are. So gullible and malleable.

3) No. Russia needs to fully withdraw immediately.

4) Ukraine is corrupt also. They need to survive on their own. Join the EU if they want. None of our business. 

5) Not specific enough to answer. Our best interest is to stop pouring money we don’t have into a corrupt country who is abusing our aide.

13 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

So, do you think (like me) Obama was wrong?  Do you support Biden's policy?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

1) Inform Putin he has 48 hours to leave Ukraine with every piece of hardware he has. If Putin fails, trumps shuts down their economy with banking sanctions and shipping. And means it. Take action on one aspect immediately to show he means business.

If you actually believe Trump would even consider that - much less do it -  then I suggest you are the rube who is "being played".  :laugh:

While we're on the subject, how does your expectation of Trump cracking down on Russia's invasion of Ukraine square with his statements to NATO?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/10/donald-trump-says-never-help-europe-attack

Trump told European leaders that US ‘will never come to help you’

Then president told European commissioners in 2020 that ‘Nato is dead’ and the US would never defend Europe if it were attacked

Edited by homersapien

6 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You mean the annexation of Crimea? Or Ukraine? Something that occurred under Obama/Biden and Biden. I guess in some world a ”lazy” stance is the same as fear. Trump did not consistently praise and admire Putin. He said he is a strong leader. You don’t rise thru the KGB to president of Russia without that. That is just a fact and it’s truth. I understand you don’t like truth because it makes you accountable. That’s why the democrats spend so much time and effort twisting it. He called Putin smart. Not nice, or sweet, or generous. Again truth.  Trump has not helped Putin gain standing on the world stage. Putin has been there a long time. Biden can’t even find the stage, and if someone leads him there, he can’t find the way back off the stage.  It’s not ALL democrats.  Weak attempt at the absolute “all” qualifier. Hint for you: Dogs can have the IQ of a four year old. Try your schtick on somebody else. Personal attacks on me show more weakness. 

Four year-old sounds about right to me.

Was that supposed to be a come back? :laugh: