Jump to content

bama just lost their OC


PigskinPat

Recommended Posts





I haven't read the entire story about this but I did see where Alabama fans are saying Ryan Grubb never even stayed long enough to sign his contract as Bama OC. I LOVE IT!!!!!

That program has been taking L after L ever since they lost to Michigan in the playoffs. It's past time that program and fanbase gets humbled.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thats why I am not at all upset about the players making moves. Bill o Brien just did the same thing. Now chip kelly leaves a HC job to become a coordinator .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yngwie1995 said:

I sure hope Grubb doesn't take any assistants with him.

Talk of maybe Shepard and Huff following him out there. Losing the O coordinator, O line, and receivers coach would be nice.

Heres a fun quote from the Seattle Times.

Though the Seahawks had interest in Grubb from the start, one reason for waiting to make the hire official was to allow a 30-day window for Alabama players to enter the transfer portal to pass.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-fill-offensive-coordinator-spot-with-former-husky-coach-ryan-grubb/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article_inset_1.1

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nontoxic said:

Talk of maybe Shepard and Huff following him out there. Losing the O coordinator, O line, and receivers coach would be nice.

Heres a fun quote from the Seattle Times.

Though the Seahawks had interest in Grubb from the start, one reason for waiting to make the hire official was to allow a 30-day window for Alabama players to enter the transfer portal to pass.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-fill-offensive-coordinator-spot-with-former-husky-coach-ryan-grubb/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article_inset_1.1

That needs to be all over X just to stir the pot a bit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Nontoxic said:

Talk of maybe Shepard and Huff following him out there. Losing the O coordinator, O line, and receivers coach would be nice.

Heres a fun quote from the Seattle Times.

Though the Seahawks had interest in Grubb from the start, one reason for waiting to make the hire official was to allow a 30-day window for Alabama players to enter the transfer portal to pass.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/seahawks-fill-offensive-coordinator-spot-with-former-husky-coach-ryan-grubb/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article_inset_1.1

Sounds shady or even cheap but you have to work the system in times like these to protect the program. Its why Saban waited to announce the retirement. He had to make sure the 24 class signed and enrolled.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not the smoothest start for Husky Harsin. His downfall isnt going to be the fact that hes not a fit coach; his downfall is going to be that he never intended to be a cult leader. Gonna chew him up and spit him out.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Not the smoothest start for Husky Harsin. His downfall isnt going to be the fact that hes not a fit coach; his downfall is going to be that he never intended to be a cult leader. Gonna chew him up and spit him out.

I agree. Also his wife is going to have to be a different breed to put up with that fan base and the different level of commitment than they are used to in my opinion.
I would imagine their family time will be significantly less.
I hope she encourages him to invest the same amount of time that harsin did. 丹領儭

Edited by aujohnson
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is huge losing him but the problem I would see is if he gets smart and hires a good coach with southern roots/recruiter

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

This is huge losing him but the problem I would see is if he gets smart and hires a good coach with southern roots/recruiter

True, but there is a very good possibility that this will necessarily divide his focus which is a good thing. Hes going to have a lot to do between now and the fall which doesnt leave a ton of time for relationship building. I think most would agree that the relationship issue was a big problem for harsin, of course there is no evidence that he cared.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

This is huge losing him but the problem I would see is if he gets smart and hires a good coach with southern roots/recruiter

I just hope they don't go and snatch up somebody like Tony Franklin. I hesitate to even post this, as I don't want to give them any good ideas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Not the smoothest start for Husky Harsin. His downfall isnt going to be the fact that hes not a fit coach; his downfall is going to be that he never intended to be a cult leader. Gonna chew him up and spit him out.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have to start with a bare cupboard. He gets the benefit of an almost fully-stocked Saban roster. I hope that's not enough, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

This is huge losing him but the problem I would see is if he gets smart and hires a good coach with southern roots/recruiter

I read that he was looking at making 2 of the coaches they were afraid of loosing CO-OCs probably trying to keep them. Not sure if it will keep them out of NFL though. Big deal to loose OC, Ol, and WR coaches all at this time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2024 at 5:14 AM, DAG said:

Thats why I am not at all upset about the players making moves. Bill o Brien just did the same thing. Now chip kelly leaves a HC job to become a coordinator .

Eggggsactly...coaches have been doing this stuff for years and the players were just supposed to bend over. I know there are a lot of folks that are not happy with the portal and NIL but it's long overdue that the kids who are actually putting there bodies on the line are able to do the same things that the coaches have been doing forever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2024 at 3:45 AM, tigeraddikt said:

Not the smoothest start for Husky Harsin. His downfall isnt going to be the fact that hes not a fit coach; his downfall is going to be that he never intended to be a cult leader. Gonna chew him up and spit him out.

I think he wins 25-30 games in 3 years and leaves for an NFL job if not offered the Michigan job by then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, woodford said:

I think he wins 25-30 games in 3 years and leaves for an NFL job if not offered the Michigan job by then.

Thats a great guess. I agree. With Bama almost certainly playing 13 games (minimum) per year, winning 25 would be an avg record of 8-5 and 30 wins would be 10-3. I think hell win 10 games, 9 games and maybe 7 or 8 games before bolting. Wonder if hed take the Utah gig once Whittingham retires if hes losing 3+ per year at Bama.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

Thats a great guess. I agree. With Bama almost certainly playing 13 games (minimum) per year, winning 25 would be an avg record of 8-5 and 30 wins would be 10-3. I think hell win 10 games, 9 games and maybe 7 or 8 games before bolting. Wonder if hed take the Utah gig once Whittingham retires if hes losing 3+ per year at Bama.

Good call on Utah. They could really compete in this next phase of CFB if they upped their recruiting. Wish Auburn would play them. Would be an epic road trip.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2024 at 9:46 AM, aujohnson said:

I agree. Also his wife is going to have to be a different breed to put up with that fan base

Not sure why this kind of misogynistic perspective has anything at all to do with his ability to attract players and win games.

That said, I think he is not in the "dream recruiting spot" as Saban.

  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Not sure why this kind of misogynistic perspective has anything at all to do with his ability to attract players and win games.

That said, I think he is not in the "dream recruiting spot" as Saban.

What the crap are you talking about? How is the thought that his wife will possibly not like how time consuming trying to satisfy their fan base will be, considered misogynistic?
They have a fairly young family and sec coaching is a meat grinder.
I would appreciate you minding your own business next time instead of trying to label my intentions.

Edited by aujohnson
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...