Jaylin Williams

13 hours ago, aucat said:

any update on his return date?

I have no info, but looking at the schedule if they sat him the full remaining regular season he would have almost an entire month to heal/rehab as the SEC tourney started. I hope he gets at least a little action before the NCAA so his first game back isn't a win or go home game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

I have no info, but looking at the schedule if they sat him the full remaining regular season he would have almost an entire month to heal/rehab as the SEC tourney started. I hope he gets at least a little action before the NCAA so his first game back isn't a win or go home game.

Hope he will sit until the SEC tourney. Getting CBM and Johnson more PT was obviously well-needed. 

When Williams returns, hope CBM retains his starting spot. Moore gives us a few more rebounds, but we need more scoring to begin the games.

• Like 2

I think on the UGA game broadcast they said Bruce and staff were considering it more of a 10-14 day injury

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 2:51 AM, aucat said:

any update on his return date?

Bruce should dress him out and go through shoot around before the game at UT, just to raise make Rick Barnes's blood pressure :devil:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, BizEagle said:

Bruce should dress him out and go through shoot around before the game at UT, just to raise make Rick Barnes's blood pressure :devil:

I am not sure JW warming up  would raise Barnes BP. If anything I would be more worried about the current changes CBP has made. 

I don’t honestly think he’ll end up playing Wednesday, but if he could give us like a backup option in the event they just run Lior off the court, that would be just enough positive value for me. We could ofc do CMo in that spot, but I think Pearl rather have a 70% Jaylin over a 100% CMo at this point lol  

• Like 1

It seems that the regular season SEC title is worth far more for NCAA tournament placement than the SEC tournament title. The latter often comes too late in the day on Sunday to affect decisions for bracket placement. If Jaylin can safely play against UT, it should be all hands on deck.

• Like 3

I would just like to win one game in the SEC tournament at this point.  Hasn't it been like 3 years?

I hate how some of you frickin’ downplay the contributions that some of these players give night in and night out.  Some of these guys are giving 100% for the minutes they get and you all want them to do more.  Better yet, you want their minutes reduced to zero.  

#teamcmolioreveryoneelseyoufrickershate

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The odds are so long of Auburn winning at Tennessee even with a healthy Williams, I certainly would not play a less than !00% Williams. Gotta stay focused on the big picture. Let him heal until the big tourney.

Edited by SumterAubie
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

The odds are so long of Auburn winning at Tennessee even with a healthy Williams, I certainly would not play a less than !00% Williams. Gotta stay focused on the big picture. Let him heal until the big tourney.

It’s a six point spread and UT is at home.  You obviously don’t understand odds.  

1 hour ago, NCAubs said:

I hate how some of you frickin’ downplay the contributions that some of these players give night in and night out.  Some of these guys are giving 100% for the minutes they get and you all want them to do more.  Better yet, you want their minutes reduced to zero.  

#teamcmolioreveryoneelseyoufrickershate

Is this satire?

39 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

15 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

It’s a six point spread and UT is at home.  You obviously don’t understand odds.  

Sure I understand odds. It's not about Auburn covering the spread, but of winning the game.  Auburn is 4-4 on the road while Tennessee is like 14-1 at home. And Tennessee is better than Auburn. On the other hand I would fully expect Auburn to win If the game was in Auburn.

20 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

I believe he is saying that based off Auburns road woes. I definitely wouldn’t take that 6. I just hope for the best

5 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Sure I understand odds. It's not about Auburn covering the spread, but of winning the game.  Auburn is 4-4 on the road while Tennessee is like 14-1 at home. And Tennessee is better than Auburn. On the other hand I would fully expect Auburn to win If the game was in Auburn.

I didn’t mean covering.  You made it sound like a David-Goliath matchup.  It’s not.  Auburn has a puncher’s chance. 

• Like 1