Men at Georgia Game Thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

i just saw flannigan clock that dude. what a thug. i might throw away the rookie auto's i have of him. there was no reason for that. i would be embarrassed  if he was still at auburn. i am shocked but should know better. i dislike poor sportsmanship. that was assault............

13 hours ago, e808 said:

Maybe would have seen the Card|Broome tandem if it wasn’t for all the cheap fouls

We did see it. Broome popped that 3 with Dylan running at 5.

It looked like Broome became a matchup nightmare at that point and I hope to see more of it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It looked like Broome became a matchup nightmare at that point and I hope to see more of it. 

It's been a mystery to me why we haven't done more of this, especially when we are getting out-rebounded. I'd like to see a lot of it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardin Drake said:

It's been a mystery to me why we haven't done more of this, especially when we are getting out-rebounded. I'd like to see a lot of it. 

I’m not sure. Maybe a matchup thing. Broome looked more than capable of playing away from the rim last night.

I think it may be more of a minutes thing.  With JW out, there are minutes available.   Regardless, I think Broome and Cardwell on the floor together is a real positive and gives us some more intriguing possible lineups.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i just saw flannigan clock that dude. what a thug. i might throw away the rookie auto's i have of him. there was no reason for that. i would be embarrassed  if he was still at auburn. i am shocked but should know better. i dislike poor sportsmanship. that was assault............

Do anything like that in public and you’re getting carried away in handcuffs.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pedaler said:

Do anything like that in public and you’re getting carried away in handcuffs.

i hope i do not get in trouble but on the rant they claim he struck or fought his father. i have heard hints about it but this was just stated as palin fact. but i still have no proof but after seeing him clock that kid i tend to believe it. it hurts my feeling because i loved his hustle.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Sorry I made a typo . I meant see it more lol

Edited by e808

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

CBM had a great game, but most impressive and what I appreciated most is how well he spoke about his former coach.  Good coaches make a difference in the lives of their players, especially outside of their sport. 

https://www.secsports.com/video/39593925/baker-mazara-heartfelt-motivation-auburn-win

In case anyone missed it

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

I think it may be more of a minutes thing.  With JW out, there are minutes available.   Regardless, I think Broome and Cardwell on the floor together is a real positive and gives us some more intriguing possible lineups.

Anybody know why Chris Moore only played 2 minutes? I get he doesn't bring any offense but it was generally he gets 10-15 minutes. Was it injury, mad because he didn't start and pouted? Curious...

6 minutes ago, naildawg said:

Anybody know why Chris Moore only played 2 minutes? I get he doesn't bring any offense but it was generally he gets 10-15 minutes. Was it injury, mad because he didn't start and pouted? Curious...

BP’s solution to losing our second best player was to essentially remove our worst rotation player all together. Play our other best players more minutes. 

• Like 1

Watching the highlights now. Chaney and Denver have been so emboldened as of late to seek their own shot and to get plays ran for them. At the very least, this’ll make opposing teams factor them in on tape and at the most…we become more balanced 

I don’t know if both Chaney and Chad starting was a matchup thing or bc CBP just views those two as two starters right now, but either way, I love the look. Chaney’s going to have a few deer in the headlights moments and CBM’s going to have those Chad/KD moments we all know of, but the length, athleticism and ability to defend on the perimeter they provide >>>

• Like 2

16 hours ago, naildawg said:

I was expecting Moore to be covering UGA's Abdur Rahim for much of the game.  Moore plays good defense, fights for rebounds and can play very physical, plus he's built like a linebacker.  I guess Pearl & assistants had different match up ideas and tilted toward offense.  It worked out as Rahim did not have a big game, although one of UGA's other guards was hard to shut down.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good offensive stats but I was hoping we would put 100 points on UGA, instead of burning clock in the last 2 minutes.  I guess it's because I live in Georgia and have to put up with UGA fans so much.   Seriously, they can be just as insufferable as bammers.

• Like 2

HAHAHAHA BRILLIANT!

• Love 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BizEagle said:

Good offensive stats but I was hoping we would put 100 points on UGA, instead of burning clock in the last 2 minutes.  I guess it's because I live in Georgia and have to put up with UGA fans so much.   Seriously, they can be just as insufferable as bammers.

Are you familiar with that arrogant blowhard UGA fan Uncle Lou on YouTube?

We will see UGA again in the coming weeks as SEC play winds down. Hopefully, Auburn can win that game even without JW. With a road game against UT and with Miss State coming to town, I'm hoping Auburn can beat down UGA and Misery, maybe pull out a W against MSU maybe. If so, finish in the top 4 in league play to secure a bye in the SEC championship.

Is anyone other than me surprised that Auburn is now ranked #11 nationally, with the only SEC team ranked higher being UT? Mystery to me.

12 hours ago, BizEagle said:

I was expecting Moore to be covering UGA's Abdur Rahim for much of the game.  Moore plays good defense, fights for rebounds and can play very physical, plus he's built like a linebacker.  I guess Pearl & assistants had different match up ideas and tilted toward offense.  It worked out as Rahim did not have a big game, although one of UGA's other guards was hard to shut down.

It has struck me in our losses we start off slow offensively in terms of scoring.  We then spend the rest of the game trying to dig out of the hole.  I believe CBP knew we needed to win in UGA to stay within 1 game of the SEC regular season championship so the UGA was a must win.  Our starting lineup had length and hustle so there was still an opportunity of a good D outing.  And as another poster observed, we had 5 guys on the floor as potential shooting/scoring options vs. 4.     CM gives us great D hustle - thats why he starts a lot - but very little in point production.  

I am looking forward to see how we play without JW in these next few games.  If we can steal the UT game, we control our destiny to at least tie for the regular season crown.  Even if we should loose, it gives BP a great chance to try some things so we can head into the SEC/NCAA tournament with good momentum.     

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Is anyone other than me surprised that Auburn is now ranked #11 nationally, with the only SEC team ranked higher being UT? Mystery to me.

It would have help us/SEC if we had pulled of the win against BAYLOR.  There were other opportunities for the top SEC teams to make a good reference mark against other ranked non-conference teams but failed to do so.  

I'm feeling upbeat going into the UT game having watched us play UGA.  I would have never guessed we would have put up 97 on the road.    

21 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

It would have help us/SEC if we had pulled of the win against BAYLOR.  There were other opportunities for the top SEC teams to make a good reference mark against other ranked non-conference teams but failed to do so.  

I'm feeling upbeat going into the UT game having watched us play UGA.  I would have never guessed we would have put up 97 on the road.    

I love this Auburn team. I hope we can find a way to beat Tenn., but they are one of the best defensive teams we will face and have balanced scoring it will be tough.

Edited by AuburnNTexas