I Smell Something

i call bull. bruce said years ago he would love to end his career at Auburn. i am just keeping you guys in the know with whats up so please do not come at me.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i call bull. bruce said years ago he would love to end his career at Auburn. i am just keeping you guys in the know with whats up so please do not come at me.

Hope it is Bull. Just my hope.

Just now, au701948 said:

Hope it is Bull. Just my hope.

i would bet it is................

Guys, there is some smoke.  For all that BP has given us, it's time we take care of Bruce and Co. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Guys, there is some smoke.  For all that BP has given us, it's time we take care of Bruce and Co. 

What do u mean? Greene and AU gave him a lifetime contract,  if I'm not mistaken 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What do u mean? Greene and AU gave him a lifetime contract,  if I'm not mistaken 

And he can walk at any time 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can you elaborate on what AU needs to do (in your opinion) to accomplish this? 

This is my opinion but Pearl has mentioned that we need a practice facility as we are currently sharing with volleball, gymnastics, and woman's basketball. Also probably signing with Nike and more NIL.

Pearl loves Auburn but we need to support him so Auburn Basketball can take the next step and become even more elite.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Idk what it is now but last year the buyout was 17 million. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

The main thing is probaly having it in writing that Steven Pearl will be the next Head Coach of AU after BP. Like Houston has with Kelvin Sampsons son. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Exactly,  so what more can AU do ? 2 years ago he signed an 8 yr ext. for 50 million. If he wants to walk, then he really don't wanna be at AU.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

@bigbird Meaning finally start work on the Bball only facilty?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Exactly,  so what more can AU do ? 2 years ago he signed an 8 yr ext. for 50 million. If he wants to walk, then he really don't wanna be at AU.

He has a big buyout. It’s just leverage to get what he wants and needs at AU. Just like the Louisville opening was 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tinman1 said:

BP has pushed a lot of his wants and needs for others. 

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This is my opinion but Pearl has mentioned that we need a practice facility as we are currently sharing with volleball, gymnastics, and woman's basketball. Also probably signing with Nike and more NIL.

Pearl loves Auburn but we need to support him so Auburn Basketball can take the next step and become even more elite.

That is a big one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Sign a real apparel company

And

Prioritize the BBall only facility

Are two main ones. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sign a real apparel company

And

Prioritize the BBall only facility

Are two main ones. 

That's not unreasonable.  That can be used by whoever is the coach. I just don't think backing the Brinks truck up is the answer everytime  a coaches agent floats his name for an opening . Same thing is happening with Oats at Bama

Edited by NWALA Tiger

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That's not unreasonable.  That can be used by whoever is the coach. I just don't think backing the Brinks truck up is the answer everytime  a coaches agent floats his name for an opening . Same thing is happening with Oats at Bama

Bruce doesn’t have an agent from my understanding. 

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not Bruce's style. Definitely Oats' style. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not Bruce's style. Definitely Oats' style. 

Happened 2 years ago. Whoever style it was got BP a 50 million ext

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Happened 2 years ago. Whoever style it was got BP a 50 million ext

Paying your coach the market price isn't a reach. It's an understanding of the business

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Paying your coach the market price isn't a reach. It's an understanding of the business

Never said it was a reach. But IMO, it's a good enuf contract as far as his pay goes. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Which was done cause someone floated his name for the Louisville job

Anyways Steven Pearl will be the next AU head coach imo after Bruce RETIRES here when he is 70ish. Bruce is clearly grooming Steven Pearl to take over for him. Notice he’s had a huge uptick in media responsibility and appearances the past couple of years when he had next to zero before. 

AU imo will most likely Agree to make him the successor/head coach in waiting to BP. Don’t think Indiana a blue blood or most other top jobs would. 

Bruce will eventually get everything he wants to succeed here but it should be automatic and not a drawn out process. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Never said it was a reach. But IMO, it's a good enuf contract as far as his pay goes. 

He agrees

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Anyways Steven Pearl will be the next AU head coach imo after Bruce RETIRES here when he is 70ish. Bruce is clearly grooming Steven Pearl to take over for him. Notice he’s had a huge uptick in media responsibility and appearances the past couple of years when he had next to zero before. 

AU imo will most likely Agree to make him the successor/head coach in waiting to BP. Don’t think Indiana a blue blood or most other top jobs would. 

Bruce will eventually get everything he wants to succeed here but it should be automatic and not a drawn out process. 

It would be nice if that succession plan was in writing... 

• Like 1