NIL Fatigue

AUGoo

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Arguments that players should be paid based on the profitability of the sport they play or because their coaches make so much money are not rational.  That is how the world is.  I know of no job where the untrained employees

College athletes have been paid for decades. The only thing happening now is how is it going to be regulated and by whom. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

College athletes have been paid for decades. The only thing happening now is how is it going to be regulated and by whom. 

They haven’t been paid in the amounts that they are being paid today. There were players getting things and that includes cash, but this is a different animal today.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 2:09 PM, AU9377 said:

They haven’t been paid in the amounts that they are being paid today. There were players getting things and that includes cash, but this is a different animal today.

Which is one reason Auburn will be left  behind.

Fans and donors held hostage or else!

• Like 1

When AU's very mediocre quarterback is pulling an $800,000 NIL and the team turned another losing season, we know things are way out of whack.   I'm not into subsidizing an inferior product just for the hell of it. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

When AU's very mediocre quarterback is pulling an $800,000 NIL and the team turned another losing season, we know things are way out of whack.   I'm not into subsidizing an inferior product just for the hell of it. 

I highly doubt he is getting that. In fact, I bet most numbers are exaggerated, and a selected few are making the big money.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DAG said:

I highly doubt he is getting that. In fact, I bet most numbers are exaggerated, and a selected few are making the big money.

Who on the AU team are getting the big money though?   I'm seriously having a tough time finding which select few have earned the big NIL money.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Who on the AU team are getting the big money though?   I'm seriously having a tough time finding which select few have earned the big NIL money.  :dunno:

For sure Cam is getting the major money. I am talking life changing money. I think those players are few and far between tbh. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

For sure Cam is getting the major money. I am talking life changing money. I think those players are few and far between tbh. 

I don't know what kind of money the current roster gets paid.  

But I've seen mentioned on numerous occasions that OTV needs +/-$10MM a year for football alone.  That's a chunk for such an underperforming squad IMO.  

• Like 2

obviously, we only need a $1B endowment from which we can harvest just 10% per year of earnings to fund up to $100m/year of NIL. And, before you ask, "NO," I have a daughter in college. Liabilities are unlimited at this stage :)

Edited by AUx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 7:46 PM, AUx said:

obviously, we only need a $1B endowment from which we can harvest just 10% per year of earnings to fund up to $100m/year of NIL. And, before you ask, "NO," I have a daughter in college. Liabilities are unlimited at this stage :)

How many cases of Krispy Kreme’s do we need to sell to meet that? 

how many band booster cards?

Jump rope for the heart? 

start a huge car wash with Coeds lol 

College sports is going in the toilet unless it can be wrangled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Jump rope for the heart? 

since kd is gone do you plan to change your avie picture? folks want to know. well me and mikey anyway.......

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

since kd is gone do you plan to change your avie picture? folks want to know. well me and mikey anyway.......

I kinda like his current one, KD here or not.                                           

• Love 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I’m wrasslin with it as coach Dye would say. If I were to change what should I pick?? KD and I are a lot alike. All gas no breaks , bring almost nothing to the table lol, and then break the table 

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m wrasslin with it as coach Dye would say. If I were to change what should I pick?? KD and I are a lot alike. All gas no breaks , bring almost nothing to the table lol, and then break the table 

well i am pretty dang good looking. i could send you a wallet size.........grins. actually i love your picture ANYWAY and i have kd's auto rookie card. mikey says keep it.i will support whatever you do!

• Haha 1

I don't know what players were paid before NIL and for some odd reason no one knows exactly what they're paid with NIL now.  

I did see where Jaden Rashada is in the portal.  This is a 5* QB that Miami offered $9.5mm NIL package and Florida counter-offered $11mm NIL in last year's recruiting cycle.  The kid ended up at Arizona State, couldn't earn the starting QB position at Ariz State and is now in the portal.  WTH?

What did an NIL collective see in this kid that made them think he was worth that kind of NIL package?  $9-$11million is more than twice what offensive coordinator & QB coach at a DI level school was making in salary.  :dunno:

40 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

I don't know what players were paid before NIL and for some odd reason no one knows exactly what they're paid with NIL now.  

I did see where Jaden Rashada is in the portal.  This is a 5* QB that Miami offered $9.5mm NIL package and Florida counter-offered $11mm NIL in last year's recruiting cycle.  The kid ended up at Arizona State, couldn't earn the starting QB position at Ariz State and is now in the portal.  WTH?

What did an NIL collective see in this kid that made them think he was worth that kind of NIL package?  $9-$11million is more than twice what offensive coordinator & QB coach at a DI level school was making in salary.  :dunno:

I wouldn’t put any stock into that tomfoolery.    That’s all internet nonsense, unless you know directly what he was offered.  

51 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I wouldn’t put any stock into that tomfoolery.    That’s all internet nonsense, unless you know directly what he was offered.  

Who really knows though?

With all the insiders we have on this tiny fan board with people that sit in on OTV/NIL meetings and know the in's & out's of the $$ levels for OTV in football/baseball/basketball, etc.  3 yrs after the NIL's inception has anyone physically seen a fully executed NIL contract? 

I read where OTV probably had to pay Broome $1.2 million to come back this season.  And it's been said Thorne could be pulling +/-$700,000.  

8 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Whatever the numbers are, they aren't sustainable.  One thing puts order back into the system.  That one thing is an exemption from anti-trust laws.  Congress can pass that exemption and the threat of litigation has no teeth.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 6:52 AM, JDUBB4AU said:

Jump rope for the heart? 

Point is, Auburn is just not well-endowed. Hunh?

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Whatever the numbers are, they aren't sustainable.  One thing puts order back into the system.  That one thing is an exemption from anti-trust laws.  Congress can pass that exemption and the threat of litigation has no teeth.

Imagine getting conned and shook down constantly for ransom money to help keep so and so from leaving. Preying on fans love and loyalty for Auburn. Something the players have none of.

the players are nothing more now than betting on horses at the track.