Auburn-Related Resolutions

CarolinaTiger

#1) I hereby resolve to watch an entire Auburn game on TV LIVE, and not on tape. I am convinced that next year, my hex on the team will be dissolved, and they will be able to win a game w/ me watching.

#2) I hereby resolve to attend an Auburn game in person w/in the next 2 seasons...making it the first Auburn game I've attended in person in at least 7 years.... That's sad, isn't it. Especially when you consider that the last one was in B'ham vs. the Turd (and we lost). The last Auburn game I saw in Auburn may be 20+ years ago :(

ok...now i'm depressed....oh wait...4 in a row...i'm better now!

What's your auburn-related New Years Resolutions???

ct

Well, this year (with S. Carolina), I realized I've seen Auburn beat every other football team in the league in person..

I'm one short (Kentucky) in basketball - I had tickets for the year we beat them in Auburn, but missed the game due to my own high school basketball game back in the day.. (only game I missed in about a 5-year span)

I want to get back to going to the Coliseum (hopefully you will too) so we can fill the place back up. These 3,000-seat games get old.

I want to be at Bryant-Denny in November to attend my 4th straight Auburn/Alabama game (all wins). I wonder how many AU fans can claim that they attended 4 straight Iron Bowl wins..

:au:

#1) I hereby resolve to watch an entire Auburn game on TV LIVE, and not on tape.  I am convinced that next year, my hex on the team will be dissolved, and they will be able to win a game w/ me watching.

How long have you been in self imposed exile? If it's been through the past 2 seasons you may not want to mess with it ;)

My resolution is to watch every televised game - thank goodness for Gameplan as I just moved to Buffalo and will likely have very few regional games up here.

And I would like to make it to Auburn with my family for a game this year. I haven't been to a game in years b/c I have coached my sons football team the past few years (and will again this year) and it seems our teams bye dates are always in synch with the Tigers. Living NY will make this even tougher - but you have to have your priorities in order, right ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major

To live my life more in tune with this part of the Auburn Creed:

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

Oh, yeah, and to cheer louder at the opener against Washington State than I did against Georgia Tech.

1) I fully intend to be far more PRO- :au: than NEGATIVE "The other team we are playing."

I very much tend to be Pro- :au: anyway. But I feel that I should try as a leader in my church to get the negativity out of my support of :au: athletics.

2) I will attend 4-5 basketball games this year.

3) I will get better at tailgating with you foks more often.

4) I will cut the extracurricular junk out of my life and concentrate on Teaching and the Web business more.

BUMP!

let's have 'em peoples...auburn related resolutions.

on a somewhat unrelated note, i just learned that i've been volunteered to deliver a computer to a church around lunchtime tomorrow....*gasp*. i was going to let tomorrow be the day i watched a game all the way through!

not good.

#1) I hereby resolve to watch an entire Auburn game on TV LIVE, and not on tape.  I am convinced that next year, my hex on the team will be dissolved, and they will be able to win a game w/ me watching.

How long have you been in self imposed exile? If it's been through the past 2 seasons you may not want to mess with it ;)

My resolution is to watch every televised game - thank goodness for Gameplan as I just moved to Buffalo and will likely have very few regional games up here.

And I would like to make it to Auburn with my family for a game this year. I haven't been to a game in years b/c I have coached my sons football team the past few years (and will again this year) and it seems our teams bye dates are always in synch with the Tigers. Living NY will make this even tougher - but you have to have your priorities in order, right ;)

206927[/snapback]

I'm only 100 miles from you, but in OH C-eh-N-eh-D-eh, so before you complain about regional coverage, believe me, it could be worse.

My resolution is to find a fellow AU fan who understand the pains of isolation. Oh? looky here.

#2) I hereby resolve to attend an Auburn game in person w/in the next 2 seasons...making it the first Auburn game I've attended in person in at least 7 years.... That's sad, isn't it.  Especially when you consider that the last one was in B'ham vs. the Turd (and we lost).  The last Auburn game I saw in Auburn may be 20+ years ago :(

ok...now i'm depressed....oh wait...4 in a row...i'm better now!

What's your auburn-related New Years Resolutions???

ct

206925[/snapback]

CT you need to get back to AUBURN!!!!!!! It will be good for your spirit. But thinking about #1 on your list, be sure to watch one they are sure to win!

As for me.

For the past three years I have been working weekends and saving vacation time and therefore have not been to an Auburn game in person during that period. From 1979 till 1998, I went to every game home and away. My resolution - start another streak!

I will make an effort to get to Auburn for a basketball game and a baseball game. Baseball in Auburn is fun!

I resolve to take my parents to a game again this year (missed last year). My Dad is a '57 alum. He used to go to a lot of games but not much anymore. Three years ago we went to a game and took him to Toomer's Corner after the victory. That was his first time rolling it. Two years ago we saw the eagle fly from the upper deck. Both very moving experiences.

I also resolve to get tickets late this year for our Nat'l Championship game in Jan. of 2007!! Hey, a guy can dream!

CT, mine is similar to yours...I haven't been to an Auburn football game, home or away, since 1991 (31-10 loss to Florida). Since my student loans are FINALLY paid off, I'll have a little extra disposable income in '06. I'm gonna pick a game (would like for it to be one of the big 3 of Florida, Georgia or LSU, but I'm sure tickets will be scarce for those games) and make a trip back.

I made a few resolutions, one of which is:

--I will not spend as much time on message boards, exercise more prudence in what I post, and be a kinder and gentler poster.

Now let the fun begin. Ya'll can get up a pool to see how long it takes me to break it.

206927[/snapback]

I'm only 100 miles from you, but in OH C-eh-N-eh-D-eh, so before you complain about regional coverage, believe me, it could be worse.

My resolution is to find a fellow AU fan who understand the pains of isolation. Oh? looky here.

208090[/snapback]

We can start the official "Great White North Auburn Fan club" - kind of like getting sent toi Siberia...

SLAG: let me know which one you pick...perhaps we'll meet up!

DrTom: I imagine our dads overlapped at Auburn...I hope you get a chance to fulfil your resolution this year.

ct

Archived