Zarqawi Dead

QUOTE(Bottomfeeder @ Jun 8 2006, 05:28 PM)

I not trying to rain on your parade, but Zarqawi is simply just one man. True believers never enjoy the demise of another human being, even an enemy. Christ in me will not allow gratitude for death, period. Instead it's a sad day for those who love Christ.

I will NOT prostitute my core beliefs.

This war has allowed God to reveal the lost in this world. Human nature is survival at best, but God is love and we mortals cannot love our enemies lest God be in us.

Vengeance belongs to the Lord...Deuteronomy 32:35

239480[/snapback]

So we loved Al-Zarqawi to death.

Iraq is a little safer. The world is a better place with him dead. My only regret is that there were not more terrorist murderers in and around the house with the little bast**d.

A great line from "A Time To Kill", comes to mind, "Yes I killed them and I hope they burn in hell!"

One could say that god used the US Air Force to drop two 500 lb. bombs to exact His vengeance on the murdering bast**d Al-Zarqawi.

"Zarqawi. Zarqawi. Zarqawi. That's all we hear about. Zarqawi was not here. This home belonged to displaced people," said a village resident, holding up a teddy bear and a child's knapsack buried in the destruction.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

You actually believe that BS don't you. :blink::blink::no::no:

I'm surprised BF posted it without a comment to the affect of,"But where's Bin Laden?  He's the one we should be going after, ...

239280[/snapback]

Don't be silly. Bin Ladin is irrelevant--Ann Coulter told me so!

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/6/...5544.shtml?s=lh

Zargawi's death is a major victory for us and we should be thankful for that victory. However, I do think Christ commands us not to take personal glee in the death of any human. I will celebrate this blow to the enemy's command structure as a military victory in the war on terror, but I will not get giddy and ecstatic over the death of any human being.

I will celebrate this blow to the enemy's command structure as a military victory in the war on terror, but I will not get giddy and ecstatic over the death of any human being.

239517[/snapback]

Then allow me. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

You libs really need to spare us your Bible thumping, holier than thou bullsh*t attitude. Libs preaching scripture. It's an oxymoron if there ever was one and, frankly, it's kinda makes me want to vomit. You people WON'T get giddy and ecstatic over the death of a yellow bellied, chickensh*t terrorist but you're the first ones running to the defense of abortion. Simply amazing. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You know, it's just amazing. Days after Dr Dean told his disciples they need to "show" Americans that they are the party of faith, the forum is filled with posts telling us Christ would not like us celebrating the death of one of the most evil men today. As the Church Lady would say, "How convenient!"

I've found great pleasure in the demise of this murderous savage, and I've made my piece with God over it. I'm sure he understands the big smile I have on my face.

Too bad this holier than thou attitude they are suddenly displaying doesn't trickle down to everyday life in this country. The party that is now counseling us in our spiritual well being is the one fighting so hard to keep Christ out of our lives in the states. How utterly hypocritical.

Then allow me. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :cheer:    :cheer:    :cheer:

You libs really need to spare us your Bible thumping, holier than thou bullsh*t attitude. Libs preaching scripture. It's an oxymoron if there ever was one and, frankly, it's kinda makes me want to vomit. You people WON'T get giddy and ecstatic over the death of a yellow bellied, chickensh*t terrorist but you're the first ones running to the defense of abortion. Simply amazing. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Aren't you a bit thin and slinky to be talking so tough? I never defended abortion. The terrorists/Iraqi Insurgence have done much more with very little, compared to our military that has it all, but can't win the peace. Now that's an oxymoron.

Then allow me. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :cheer:    :cheer:    :cheer:

Aren't you a bit thin and slinky to be talking so tough? I never defended abortion. The terrorists/Iraqi Insurgence have done much more with very little, compared to our military that has it all, but can't win the peace. Now that's an oxymoron.

239573[/snapback]

BF, you're an idiot. Our military operates under a no man left behind policy. Along with rules of engagement. The terrorists kill everybody. I'm sure our guys would love to perform within those guidelines. But every time they get close, they get persecuted by the likes of you. (Haditha)

I will celebrate this blow to the enemy's command structure as a military victory in the war on terror, but I will not get giddy and ecstatic over the death of any human being.

239517[/snapback]

239519[/snapback]

I'm hardly what most would call a 'lib' and I actually agree with quietfan on this. I celebrate the fact that this man will kill no more and that it has hurt the terrorists' efforts and organization, but on a purely human level I'm not going to do a dance over a person being killed. He was still a person created in God's image and the waste he made of his life and his death are, on that level, still tragedies.

239517[/snapback]

239519[/snapback]

I'm hardly what most would call a 'lib' and I actually agree with quietfan on this. I celebrate the fact that this man will kill no more and that it has hurt the terrorists' efforts and organization, but on a purely human level I'm not going to do a dance over a person being killed. He was still a person created in God's image and the waste he made of his life and his death are, on that level, still tragedies.

239695[/snapback]

Titan, it was his free will man. He chose and if allowed to live again would ,most likely be worse. Were his choices bad? Certainly. But I dont really grieve his passing. In a lipservice kind of way I guess I do. But you and I both know the world is a far better place today than a few short days ago.

I'm not going to do a dance over a person being killed. He was still a person created in God's image and the waste he made of his life and his death are, on that level, still tragedies.

This is the type of attitude which allows evil to maintain such a foothold. I'm guessing that some folks absurdly empathize w/ folks like AZ and Saddam, imagining what it must be like to have things come to an end like we're seeing now. They imagine being in either positions and how sad, painful, horrific, it must be, but never once think that it was the choices these types made in their lives which got them there. It's feeling more sorry for the criminal than his victims. Perhaps it's lamenting the loss of a soul over to the 'dark side', I can't say. But AZ did what he did, and did it w/ out any remorse. He deserved to die in pain and agony, even if he was another human being. Perhaps it's the stark realization that we CAN feel revenge and satisfaction that such animals come to their just end that scares folks. But I don't deny that feeling and am truly glad AZ died in such a brutal manner. I'm glad the last thing he saw in this world was our Special Forces , looking down on him.

You read far too much into things. I'm not sad that a source of evil in this world has been silenced. I'm happy about that. But on the most basic level, it's tragic because a person created in God's image chose to live a horrible life hurting others and he's now dead and in hell. Justice has been served, but on a human level there's a tinge of tragedy that justice had to be served in the first place. I hope that makes sense.

You read far too much into things.  I'm not sad that a source of evil in this world has been silenced.  I'm happy about that.  But on the most basic level, it's tragic because a person created in God's image chose to live a horrible life hurting others and he's now dead and in hell.  Justice has been served, but on a human level there's a tinge of tragedy that justice had to be served in the first place.  I hope that makes sense.

239721[/snapback]

Very well said.

You read far too much into things.  I'm not sad that a source of evil in this world has been silenced.  I'm happy about that.  But on the most basic level, it's tragic because a person created in God's image chose to live a horrible life hurting others and he's now dead and in hell.  Justice has been served, but on a human level there's a tinge of tragedy that justice had to be served in the first place.  I hope that makes sense.

239721[/snapback]

It does make sense, and I agree. I had hoped that was where you were going w/ you comment. What gets me over- reacting to such post as yours is the flurry of really nonsensical other comments I see out in the media and on here which try to dismiss this victory as being no big deal, something we created in the first place, or that we've REALLY made matters worse over there by killing this blood thirsty butcher. It infurriates me to hear such tripe. Why cheer when your team when it scores a touchdown, since you run the risk of making the opposing team all that much more mad, and now their gonna play hard. Oh no! :o

The paths for those like OBL and AZ have been chosen, by them, long ago. Should other of their kind be captured, torturned or die in a horrific explosion, not a iota of remorse shall I feel.

You know, it's just amazing. Days after Dr Dean told his disciples they need to "show" Americans that they are the party of faith, the forum is filled with posts telling us Christ would not like us celebrating the death of one of the most evil men today. As the Church Lady would say, "How convenient!"

I've found great pleasure in the demise of this murderous savage, and I've made my piece with God over it. I'm sure he understands the big smile I have on my face.

Too bad this holier than thou attitude they are suddenly displaying doesn't trickle down to everyday life in this country. The party that is now counseling us in our spiritual well being is the one fighting so hard to keep Christ out of our lives in the states. How utterly hypocritical.

239538[/snapback]

1) I had no knowledge of whatever Dean comment you are referencing until you mentioned it, but in any case Dean is not one of my favorite Democrats and I am certainly not one of his "Disciples".

2) To the best of my 52-year memory, I have never claimed to be "holier" than anybody --only God truly knows who is holy and who is not.

3) My deep personal faith and Christian convictions (as I interpret Christ's message) is something I have held to for forty years or so and I am not "suddenly" displaying it!

4) I've never fought to keep Christ out of anyone's life. Indeed I encourage everyone to welcome Christ into their lives. I do try to keep the government out of everyone's religious life, however. Faith is something between man and God; not man, government, and God.

...I can't speak for any other Democrats, Republicans, liberals, or conservatives as to their religious attitudes, beliefs or hypocrisies, if any.

The Democrats response to Zarqaw's death BIG, BIG lies...

"This insurgency is such a confused mess that one person, dead or alive at this point, is hardly significant. Our troops are no safer today than they were yesterday, and no American is safer today... [White House officials] can spin it all they want." — Rep. Jim McDermott

"This is just to cover Bush's [rear] so he doesn't have to answer [for Iraqi civilians being killed by the U.S. military and his own sagging poll numbers]. Iraq is still a mess—get out." — Rep. Pete Stark

The Democrats response to Zarqaw's death BIG, BIG lies...

"This insurgency is such a confused mess that one person, dead or alive at this point, is hardly significant. Our troops are no safer today than they were yesterday, and no American is safer today... [White House officials] can spin it all they want." — Rep. Jim McDermott

"This is just to cover Bush's [rear] so he doesn't have to answer [for Iraqi civilians being killed by the U.S. military and his own sagging poll numbers]. Iraq is still a mess—get out." — Rep. Pete Stark

239749[/snapback]

Personally, I think Stark's comments are totally out of line, particularly his implied attack on the U.S. military's motives or operations.

However, although Zarqawi's death is an important victory for us, there is an element of truth to the idea that the insurgency will go on, our troops are not significantly safer overnight, and the place is still a mess.

1) I had no knowledge of whatever Dean comment you are referencing until you mentioned it, but in any case Dean is not one of my favorite Democrats and I am certainly not one of his "Disciples".

Then this isn't directed at you. I was referring to Dean's courtship of the Christian vote. The piece I'm referencing is

Dean said that "one of the misconceptions about the Democratic Party is that we're godless and that we don't have any values."

The Vermont liberal is trying to change that. Dean wants evangelicals and other conservative Christians to know that Democrats have something to offer them.

"The truth is, we have an enormous amount in common with the Christian community, and particularly with the evangelical Christian community,” Dean said. “And one of the biggest things that Democrats worry about is the materialism of our country, what's on television that our kids are seeing, and the lack of spirituality. And that's something we have in common."

But the Democrats’ record on hot political issues such as abortion, gay marriage, and separation of church and state don't match up with that of evangelicals. Still, Dean said that evangelicals do not need to be scared off by Democrats.

Link just for TexasTiger

People see this over and over, and it is primarily evident in today's democrat party. Dean says something and the kool aid drinkers of the party, like the lemmings they are, take it and run. It becomes the phrase of the week and no matter who they are talking to, it finds its way into conversation (much like the "It's the wrong <insert random Bush policy> at the place at the wrong time" line.)

What I found amusing was, given the amount of energy the democrats have expended in keeping God out of our schools, forcing gay marriage down our throats, and turning a blind eye to abortion; all of a sudden everywhere one looks there are warnings from them advising us that it is un-Christian to be happy that a savage killer is gone and answering for his deeds in front of his maker. I just found their counseling in faith to be hypocritical.

You don't buy into the psychotic rantings of Dr Dean, good on ya. Good luck taking your party back from those that do.

Then this isn't directed at you. I was referring to Dean's courtship of the Christian vote.

You don't buy into the psychotic rantings of Dr Dean, good on ya. Good luck taking your party back from those that do.

239781[/snapback]

Understood :thumbsup:

I'm sure we'll continue to disagree on gay marriage, God in the public schools, etc, but this is America...we can do that.

Archived