Finebaum is in on, hes got nothing...

DKW 86

Dont call in or listen, hes got nothing his whole show is already over.

Man, you think he would at least have something new today... :no:

don't listen to him E-V-E-R !!!! hewet himself over this and wjox has,for the most part, treated it as what it is.....wjox will get my business from now on, at least until its time for SPORTSCALL to start

Since I ain't go much else to do, I think I might listen to the moron for the next couple of days just for the laugh. That is if this clock radio beside the bed will pick up the AM station inside the house. Isn't he on XM now? I have an XM home kit.

Forget it. In just a few minutes the little weasel has already ticked me off. I would give anything to have 5 minutes along with a coward like Finebaum.

Well, he does have one thing. It's the only play in his playbook. It's called being a smartass. He just wields it one direction or the other depending on what fanbase he wants to get riled up. He does it well too. People who hear he's running their team down just can't seem to resist calling in or emailing him to "set him straight."

I'd love it if he'd get on air and talk like he's been doing the last couple of days but get no calls. Or at least no calls from Auburn fans. I mean at all. No calls, no letters, no emails. Nothing. Just turn him off and go play with your kids or something. I'd laugh my ass off if he kept banging his little tin drum and no one cared.

248865[/snapback]

Why do you keep listening then?

248865[/snapback]

248934[/snapback]

Probably for the same reason I used too...for the "train wreck" effect. You just can't help but to keep listening to see what the next wreck is going to be like. I quit listening not because of anything he did, I simply stopped having my long commute from Huntsville to Decatur on my way home from work in the late afternoons, which is when I listened to him.

248865[/snapback]

248934[/snapback]

Probably for the same reason I used too...for the "train wreck" effect. You just can't help but to keep listening to see what the next wreck is going to be like. I quit listening not because of anything he did, I simply stopped having my long commute from Huntsville to Decatur on my way home from work in the late afternoons, which is when I listened to him.

248940[/snapback]

Moving out of state always helps. Amazing what a little clean air will do for you.

Fortunately, Nashville has two excellent local sports talk shows that don't rely on acting like an asshat and spewing ill-informed garbage just to gin up some phone calls. If I ever move back to 'Bammy, I'm getting XM.

If I ever move back to 'Bammy, I'm getting XM.

248942[/snapback]

That is what I have now and I mostly listent to ESPN and Fox Sports radio. Every now and then The Sporting News has some good stuff.

i'll be honest with you guys, if you are in range wjox has been very good about this.....even melick has not been that bad.....i had stopped listening to them for a few years because of the bias,but finebamma was more pathetic than they were, so i didn't listen to either but,i turned on jox friday and today and was really surprised at how they have handled this.....the only thing that you get by listening to finebamma, is a lower IQ

I know what you guys have against PF. I think he is good at being impartial, even if you guys dont see it. I think he speaks his mind and brings up good points. You guys are all for him when he mentions something against Bama. He hasn't been slamming Auburn much on todays show (I listened til 5pm so maybe something changed after), nothing like when he was on Shula or Simpson

Just not calling in isn't enough. I know in Birmingham, there are Arbitron scanners that search to see what stations are being listened to. There used to be one at The Galleria. It can't tell who, just that a radio is tuned to that frequency. That data is put together to show listeners. The one at the Galleria would be used to get businesses around there to advertise on your station. I could go to...Pier 1 and say, x-number of shoppers to the galleria listen to my station. There is actually more detail than that but I don't remember it all. I haven't sold radio advertising in 5-6 years. ANYWAY, these things are all over and if you pass by one listening to PF, the information is gathered and used to sell advertising. Advertising is what makes him money. Ratings and Advertising keep him on the air.

Most definately. I had to clear some things up from his show, specifically APR scores and Virgil Starks. Unlike most people, I don't complain if I hear an opinion when I don't agree. But when facts / interesting points are brought up, I make sure they are correct

Most definately. I had to clear some things up from his show, specifically APR scores and Virgil Starks. Unlike most people, I don't complain if I hear an opinion when I don't agree. But when facts / interesting points are brought up, I make sure they are correct

249003[/snapback]

It makes no sense to "correct" him. He is too football dumb to actually have any real relevance on opinion. He knows about zero about Auburn. I do not have a clue what he knows about Bama, they tell me he knows nothing about them either.

He has a sctick that is based on people staring at car wrecks. The problem is that he runs out of car wrecks from time to time. So Paul meanders around looking for or apparently causing car wrecks. And then the dumb folks tune in in droves.

I have gotten so used his schtick that you can tell what he going to say before he opens his mouth. That is why he is Number 2 (isnt he really #2?) in Bham radio markets.

249003[/snapback]

It makes no sense to "correct" him. He is too football dumb to actually have any real relevance on opinion. He knows about zero about Auburn. I do not have a clue what he knows about Bama, they tell me he knows nothing about them either.

He has a sctick that is based on people staring at car wrecks. The problem is that he runs out of car wrecks from time to time. So Paul meanders around looking for or apparently causing car wrecks. And then the dumb folks tune in in droves.

I have gotten so used his schtick that you can tell what he going to say before he opens his mouth. That is why he is Number 2 (isnt he really #2?) in Bham radio markets.

249033[/snapback]

I wish somebody would sue Shane. I caught 10 minutes of Finebaum today and sadly it was Shane's 10. As a defacto employee of that show, Shane shouldn't be allowed to throw out wild and unfounded allegations like he did today, claiming that certain players were paid X dollars to return to AU for their senior seasons, stating with certainty that AU would get NCAA penalties for 'this grade thing' and other absurd nonsense.

If he ever mentions my name, I'll sue him.

... I caught 10 minutes of Finebaum today and sadly it was Shane's 10.  As a defacto employee of that show, Shane shouldn't be allowed to throw out wild and unfounded allegations like he did today, claiming that certain players were paid X dollars to return to AU for their senior seasons, stating with certainty that AU would get NCAA penalties for 'this grade thing' and other absurd nonsense.

If he ever mentions my name, I'll sue him.

249038[/snapback]

I listened to the show on the internet. You're right -- Shane was like a jackazz braying up a storm. He was convinced the NCAA will start investigating this & that, and then he got all excited talking about his theories about Carnell's recruitment -- how he was paid to come to AU, how he was paid to stay his senior year at AU, etc. & etc. It was so outlandish that even PF had to tell him goodbye rather abruptly. Hilarious.

The funniest thing to come out about this easy course "scandal" is to hear all the 'necks who've never attended college talk about academic integrity. I ask you, is this not the Mother of All Ironies? :D

Because I live in the Chattanooga area, there is no where else to get AU/UAT news. So, I struggle to get the Gadsden station to listen to him.

His job, which he does well, is to keep stirring the pot against either AU or UAT. So, I take him for what I know he is. However, he does have some good connections. And, while he is over blowing the NY Times piece, it does scare me that he says there is something else coming our way. He may over exaggerate, but he is usally correct that when stating that information is out there.

War Eagle

Archived